Coffee Shop

Rheo

righteousmomma

Thanks for the W video, Save.

It grieves me to say this because I love W and I also truly believe he has been spiritually reborn. Therefore a part of me has understanding of his decision to uphold the dignity of the Presidentcy and to turn the other cheek (ie not seek revenge)etc etc . HOWEVER there comes a time for all good men to speak out. The time is now.

The hour is midnight. Something evil comes our way.

Btw, I also am a grad of SMU (1968) and found it interesting how the press chose to play up the liberal, left protesters ( some SMU profs)and their vitriolic reactions to the library being at SMU. Fortunately very expensive SMU has millionaire parents and alums and attendees in the 1000s who vote our way.

• Like 1

Ah, yes, RM, but as we have now been informed, those millionaire parents, alumns, and attendees did not accomplish their status on their own. It is only because of government-provided roads and bridges and exploited workers that they are so rich. angry.png

• Like 2

clearvision

So the great O is coming to Austin today. Arrives at 4:30 (read rush hour), closes the airport, major highways, a huge part of downtown. This is not official business but clearly a fund raiser. So now business are closing early, letting employees go home, any caught unaware is delayed hours all so someone can raise money....

H/T Daily Caller

I watched this yesterday morning, @saveliberty, and it brought a little tear to my eye. GW still occasionally strikes me as being a little banty rooster, laugh.png but I will continue to admire him.

@righteousmomma, I agree with you that I wish he would be more vocal and assertive in politics, but heard and understood his reasoning about following the example of the way his father retired from pubic life . . .

• Like 2

Draggingtree

H/T Daily Caller

I watched this yesterday morning, @saveliberty, and it brought a little tear to my eye. GW still occasionally strikes me as being a little banty rooster, laugh.png but I will continue to admire him.

@righteousmomma, I agree with you that I wish he would be more vocal and assertive in politics, but heard and understood his reasoning about following the example of the way his father retired from pubic life . . .

President G. W. Bush is to me setting a example on what ex- officials should do.

• Like 2

SrWoodchuck

Sign The Petition To Stop The US From Signing The Arms Trade Treaty!

259,132 Letters and Emails Sent So Far

http://dickmorris.rallycongress.com/7175/gun-control/

Please read & sign......to help prevent Hitlery & Obozo's end run around the 2nd Amendment. She will sign on July 27th, and we will be bound by the Treaty, as if it was a constitutional amendment. It will exist as such, until it is ratified or defeated by the Senate [and Reid won't let it come up for a vote....meaning it is enforceable by the courts] or the President rejects it....

saveliberty

So the great O is coming to Austin today. Arrives at 4:30 (read rush hour), closes the airport, major highways, a huge part of downtown. This is not official business but clearly a fund raiser. So now business are closing early, letting employees go home, any caught unaware is delayed hours all so someone can raise money....

At the very kindest, that is bad PR for him, @clearvision.

I hope that you do not have any driving to do during the bad traffic.

Clearvision

"That is not clearly a fund raiser"

You be right, that is a fluster commuter up cluck.

clearvision

@pollyannaish I almost call fake on that one. Two Prius's sitting next to him, so calm with phone and seeming interest to film... and in marketing. I wonder how far people will go these days to get a viral video.

SrWoodchuck

A Difference Of Economic Opinion

On July 10, 2012, in Economy, Politics, by admin

Cast aside social issues for just a moment. We can talk about abortion or civil unions versus gay marriage once we get our financial house in order. If America is not economically stable in the very near future, all of those other issues mean nothing. They will be replaced by much more serious things that fall in the lower levels of Mazlow’s Hierarchy of Needs, such as food and shelter.

Liberals claim that Conservatives lack compassion, yet cannot reconcile this emotional belief with the fact that conservatives, especially the faithful, donate more money and time to help the poor at home and abroad. Meanwhile, Conservatives claim that Liberals lack a basic understanding of math. This makes sense when you ask a Liberal how to pay for growing social programs, single-payer health care and other well-intentioned yet financially irrational programs. They can’t answer, they simply respond that we have to do it, just like a young child demands a cookie. Pure heart, pure emotion, pure desire, but no logic. Sort of like any random OWSer that screams how evil Bush and Romney are before stepping into their beater with the Coexist bumper sticker on it. Coexist dammit! (but only with people that agree with you). But I digress…

Liberals want more government, they think that only government can solve the problems we face today, and that because centralized planning has worked so well all over the world that we just need to tweak it a bit to make it work in America. Conservatives think that we need less government. Not NO government, just less of it. Liberals will counter with extremes and say that we want NO regulations, NO healthcare, NO unemployment insurance and NO clean water, etc. Simply not true. So again, the left wants more government, the right wants less.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.theloudtalker.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/ReaganObamaEMRATIO1.jpgReaganObamaEMRATIO1.jpg

Minnesota: The Latest Shameful Attack on Voter ID

Hans von Spakovsky

July 16, 2012

The latest attack on voter ID is occurring in Minnesota, where on Tuesday, the state Supreme Court will hear a case filed by the League of Women Voters (LWV).

In League of Women Voters Minnesota v. Ritchie, the LWV is trying to convince the court to remove a referendum question from the November ballot. Its argument is that voters won’t be able to understand the ballot question.

(Snip)

Shall the Minnesota Constitution be amended to require all voters to present valid photo identification to vote and to require the state to provide free identification to eligible voters, effective July 1, 2013?

(Snip)

Yup that is really really hard to understand....assuming you have a 3rd grade education.

righteousmomma

Saw the most astounding report on Fox and Friends this morning. Star Parker was presenting the facts that a mom om Welfare ends up "making " more income than a mom actually working and earning like $67,000. By the time you calculate all the welfare benefits - food, Medicaid etc - the welfare mom comes out ahead by a small amount. ($57,000 plus for each.)

Saw the most astounding report on Fox and Friends this morning. Star Parker was presenting the facts that a mom om Welfare ends up "making " more income than a mom actually working and earning like $67,000. By the time you calculate all the welfare benefits - food, Medicaid etc - the welfare mom comes out ahead by a small amount. ($57,000 plus for each.)

I live in a primarily minority neighborhood (I'm the token white guy) I have to say you can't tell the difference between those who work (mainly low paying jobs) and those on welfare.....and that is just not right.