Coffee Shop

Rheo

NAACP Nation Convention.... LaRaza

I missed Holder's at the OWFFFOC Conference. (Old White Folks From Fly Over Country... Yup, I'm a member!)

He was going to show up, but you know he was just sooo busy digging into F&F and the White House leaks.

saveliberty

Dems’ rule: Tax as I say, not as I pay

howie_carr.gif?1=1 By Howie Carr

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - Updated 4 hours ago

Try not to let this destroy your faith in the integrity of the Mass. Democratic Party, but it appears that we have another elected tax deadbeat on our hands.

I refer of course to Rep. Carlos “Tony” Henriquez (D-Dorchester). The 35-year-old is charged with assault and domestic kidnapping of his 23-year-old ex-girlfriend Sunday morning. And you thought it was the Republicans who were waging a “war on women.”

But now it turns out that the solon’s driver’s license is non-renewable because he owes a 2011 City of Boston excise tax bill. Maybe that’s what he was discussing with U.S. Senate candidate Granny Warren on City Hall Plaza on the Fourth of July.

saveliberty

Video: The ultimate Krugman takedown?

posted at 10:04 pm on July 10, 2012 by Allahpundit

Scissors-32x32.png

Haven’t had a chance to watch the key segment all the way through yet, but if it comes recommended by both Zero Hedge and Ace, it must be quality late-night palate-cleanser material. The key critique starts at 35:00 in. Quote: “Keynesians got us into this mess and now we have to sacrifice our principals so that they can get us out of this mess.”

SrWoodchuck

Obamacare outsourcing all dental care to, Mahmoud's Tooth & Gum Repair:

obama+care.jpg

H/T: Picture from iOTW

SrWoodchuck

Soros-Backed Super PAC Targets Allen West

http://shark-tank.net/2012/07/10/soros-backed-super-pac-targets-allen-west/

Top national Democratic operative Charles Halloran has been retained by a new George Soros-backed super-PAC to target Congressman Allen West for defeat this November. Halloran is a former aide to President Bill Clinton and is one of the most respected voter targeting/turn out experts in the Democratic Party. Halloran ran the successful campaign of Democrat Tim Mahoney that won the seat of former Republican Congressman Mark Foley.

The Super PAC has been christened “Dump West” and is expected to file with the Federal Election Commission early next week. Sources have told The Shark Tank that a website along with a targeted web advertising campaign will soon be launched. Democratic House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi asked former Congressman Larry Smith, who’s now working as a lobbyist, to help line up initial funding for the group. West is said to be at the top of Pelosi’s hit list.

Sources have also us that left wing billionaire George Soros is among those who committed to a $5 million war chest to defeat West. “It’s not surprising that the hard Left is seeking to beat West” said Florida Tea Party leader Eric Von Tausch “West’s a conservative hero.”Scissors-32x32.png

Soros-Backed Super PAC Targets Allen West

http://shark-tank.net/2012/07/10/soros-backed-super-pac-targets-allen-west/

Top national Democratic operative Charles Halloran has been retained by a new George Soros-backed super-PAC to target Congressman Allen West for defeat this November. Halloran is a former aide to President Bill Clinton and is one of the most respected voter targeting/turn out experts in the Democratic Party. Halloran ran the successful campaign of Democrat Tim Mahoney that won the seat of former Republican Congressman Mark Foley.

The Super PAC has been christened “Dump West” and is expected to file with the Federal Election Commission early next week. Sources have told The Shark Tank that a website along with a targeted web advertising campaign will soon be launched. Democratic House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi asked former Congressman Larry Smith, who’s now working as a lobbyist, to help line up initial funding for the group. West is said to be at the top of Pelosi’s hit list.

Sources have also us that left wing billionaire George Soros is among those who committed to a $5 million war chest to defeat West. “It’s not surprising that the hard Left is seeking to beat West” said Florida Tea Party leader Eric Von Tausch “West’s a conservative hero.”Scissors-32x32.png

Something about this is surprising?

Obama blames poor speechifying

Pressed by Rose about what he felt he needed to explain better to the American people, the president corrected that he wanted to do more “explaining, but also inspiring.”

Oh rest assured Mr. President many of us are well and truly inspired.

saveliberty

This is a very good read. Click on the links to read about Richard Cole's experience while on a retreat in a monastery in Texas. He has two installments of his story, which are linked in Elizabeth Scalia's post.

Of Christ, Monasticism and Radio Astronomy

July 13, 2012 By Elizabeth Scalia 2 Comments

Scissors-32x32.png

Alright, after a couple of politically-flavored posts, I’m going to have mercy on everyone and give you a gift for the weekend, and it comes to us in two parts via an excellent site within the Evangelical Portal, Good Letters, where guest contributor and writer/poet Richard Cole relates how his first-ever retreat at a Benedictine Monastery resulted in his coming to Catholicism and his second grounded him within it:

From Part I, where our hero is given no assignment except to be:

communion-bw-150x150.png

At the monastery, I wondered whether the monks would try to convert their guest. I’d been around evangelists before. I kept waiting for someone to approach me with a carnivorous twinkle in his eye and ask, “Are you saved, my son?”

But nobody put the bite on me, and nobody tried to muscle me into the fold. Instead, the monks simply let me share their daily round of prayers, Mass, and meals.

Maybe that was enough, simply sharing, because when I returned, Lauren gave me a wifely look and asked if I was planning to keep going to Mass. Immediately the question seemed absurd, like the most unnecessary question a person could ask me. “I guess so,” I said casually, but as I thought about going to Mass, I felt a deep flurry of happiness, intense but reassuring precisely because it was so intense.

On the outside, I was sitting calmly at the kitchen table, but inside I was a wild man, happy and shouting,
“Of course I’m going to Mass! Are you crazy?!”