Coffee Shop

Rheo

saveliberty

Brokaw: White House Correspondents' dinner hurting the press

"That’s another separation between what we’re supposed to be doing and what the people expect us to be doing, and I think that the Washington press corps has to look at that, and by the way I’m a charter member of the White House Correspondents Association, I was there early on and often enjoyed it, but it’s gone beyond what it needs to be.”

Ack! To him, it's about the symbolism of it. [cartoon call: Make up!]

I am watching the cracks in the armor. First Don Lemon speaks out, then Jon Lovitz and then Anderson Cooper actually did a good job in an interview. Lovitz said he hates liars and I believe him.

But the other two are journalists are more willing to be more honest in their work. They will still vote however they will, but it's refreshing to see.

This may help ratings for CNN.

Edited by saveliberty

Aw Shucks-Goober has died!!

George Lindsey

157489068port.jpg

George Lindsey

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — George Lindsey, who spent nearly 30 years as the grinning Goober on "The Andy Griffith Show" and "Hee Haw," has died. He was 83.

A press release from Marshall-Donnelly-Combs Funeral Home in Nashville said Lindsay died early Sunday morning after a brief illness. Funeral arrangements were still being made.

Lindsey was the beanie-wearing Goober on "The Andy Griffith Show" from 1964 to 1968 and its successor, "Mayberry RFD," from 1968 to 1971. He played the same jovial character — a service station attendant — on "Hee Haw" from 1971 until it went out of production in 1993.

I cannot watch or listen to Obama anymore. Period.

Is there anything that comes out of Obama's mouth that is not a distortion, a falsehood, a fabrication or a rallying cry to divide?

• Like 2

Is there anything that comes out of Obama's mouth that is not a distortion, a falsehood, a fabrication or a rallying cry to divide?

@Pepper!

Since January 2009, my wife and I have used a very workable arrangement: whoever is closest to the TV when Obama comes on is responsible for turning it off or changing the channel..... ASAP!!

• Like 2

@Pepper!

Since January 2009, my wife and I have used a very workable arrangement: whoever is closest to the TV when Obama comes on is responsible for turning it off or changing the channel..... ASAP!!

Obama%2BUnicorn%2BFarts.jpg

Tomorrow is the primary for Wisconsin governor. Scott Walker has to be on the ballot because a 'pretend' Republican ran against him to make him run in the primary. Got a note from KeepTheRepublic. She is recommending that everyone bring identification and show it even though the courts have put a stay on the law, as a protest smile.png

• Like 1

Tomorrow is the primary for Wisconsin governor. Scott Walker has to be on the ballot because a 'pretend' Republican ran against him to make him run in the primary. Got a note from KeepTheRepublic. She is recommending that everyone bring identification and show it even though the courts have put a stay on the law, as a protest smile.png

Yes, that's a good idea.

Reading the FBI files still on SOLO.

From 1966.

Tenacious bastards aren't they.

gallery_3_42_1866.jpg

saveliberty

Back in 1966, that was when even liberals opposed communism.

Edited by saveliberty

saveliberty

This is truly ghastly.

Ground-up Babies in Pill Form

May 7, 2012 By Elizabeth Scalia Leave a Comment

Scissors-32x32.png

Help me out here — I’m having a really hard time believing this is real, via the AP’s Hyung-Jin Kim: SKorea finds smuggled capsules contain human flesh:

South Korea has seized thousands of smuggled drug capsules filled with powdered flesh from dead babies, which some people believe can cure disease, officials said Monday.

The capsules were made in northeastern China from babies whose bodies were chopped into small pieces and dried on stoves before being turned into powder, the Korea Customs Service said.

This is truly ghastly.

Ground-up Babies in Pill Form

May 7, 2012 By Elizabeth Scalia Leave a Comment

Scissors-32x32.png

Help me out here — I’m having a really hard time believing this is real, via the AP’s Hyung-Jin Kim: SKorea finds smuggled capsules contain human flesh:

South Korea has seized thousands of smuggled drug capsules filled with powdered flesh from dead babies, which some people believe can cure disease, officials said Monday.

The capsules were made in northeastern China from babies whose bodies were chopped into small pieces and dried on stoves before being turned into powder, the Korea Customs Service said.

That is horrible!!!

@Rheo-@saveliberty. I keep thinking back to Nikita Krushchev- I don't remember it exactly, but it was a quote where communism did not have to defeat us because eventually we would do it ourselves!

While covering the Boston Celtics-Atlanta Hawks basketball game on Sunday night, former NBA star Charles Barkley attacked Mitt Romney who was attending the game.

“Mitt Romney, listen man, We’re gonna beat you like a drum in November. Don’t take it personally. I like you, you seem like a nice guy. But you’re going down, bro.”

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2012/05/07/Charles-Barkley-Romney-Youre-Going-Down-Bro

Obama’s celebrity bundlers

By Laurie Bennett

April 21, 2012 at 7:34am

Of the 87 bundlers joining the Obama re-election effort last quarter, actor and director Tyler Perry is probably the best known.

Ranked No. 19 on the Forbes list of top-earning celebs, he has the wealth and connections to have raised more than $500,000.

View static map |

Perry certainly isn’t the only star in the Obama camp.

newscom_Tyler_Perry.jpg

Tyler Perry

Spiritual guru Deepak Chopra also became a fundraiser last quarter, bringing in between $100,000 and $200,000.

“Desperate Housewives” star Eva Longoria has raised more than $200,000. Actor Wendell Pierce, best known for his role on “The Wire,” has raised more than $50,000.

Vogue Editor Anna Wintour and Hollywood moguls Harvey Weinstein and Jeffrey Katzenberg have each raked in more than $500,000.

TV personality Giselle Fernandez, former co-host of “Access Hollywood” and a second-season contestant on “Dancing with the Stars,” is also bringing in donations.

We’d like to compare Obama’s celebrity list to Mitt Romney’s, but unfortunately, Obama is the only candidate voluntarily releasing the names of his fundraisers.

That’s a shame. It would be interesting to know whether Ted Nugent has been designated an official bundler.