Coffee Shop

Rheo

biggrin.png And a Happy Earth Day to you, @Valin.

Some crazy old guy is have waaaay to much fun! LMFAO.gif

Man, I just cruised that site. You can only be there for entertainment value.

Actually no. CGP is the only political site I've found where the Left and Right actually talk to each other rather than at each other.

Man, I just cruised that site. You can only be there for entertainment value.

Actually no. CGP is the only political site I've found where the Left and Right actually talk to each other rather than at each other.

Hmm.. I trust your opinion. Maybe I'll check it out.

I don't think cinnamongirl likes you very much, @Valin. dry.png Don't worry (I know you're not!), I'm a denier, too. wink.png

Sometimes we agree, sometimes we don't. With the exception of a few it is done civilly. You can disagree without being disagreeable. There are a couple of posters there that I have absolutely no respect for, but for the most part I'd say they are...Not Evil...Just wrong.

That's pretty clear from what I've read. I'll dip my foot into the pool slowly. If I actually post there, it will be a true test of how well I can resist being a completely sarcastic bastard.

SrWoodchuck

@Saltbag

You must be a semantic wizard....grasshoppa'.....

........all your replies couched in double [secret] entendres.....

........able to leap largely inflated egos with a single rejoinder......you can do it!

Reality is a B*tch!

At The NYT: Clueless Blue Deer Meet Onrushing Truck

Walter Russel Mead

Schadenfreude alert: readers, and especially those who don’t much like the New York Times, should make sure they are not eating soup or holding hot liquids before viewing the video below. Uncontrollable gales of laughter stemming from excessive levels of schadenfreude may cause spilling and staining.

(Snip)

For readers, this is a fascinating and revealing glimpse inside the Times bubble. I am not sure which is more disconcerting; the deeply embedded sense of blue entitlement so palpably on display or the poor political judgement that led the union brass to think that releasing this video to the public would be good PR. Either way it serves as a powerful illustration of just how fundamentally out of touch many of the people working at America’s most famous newspaper have become.

(Snip)

Reality is a B*tch!

At The NYT: Clueless Blue Deer Meet Onrushing Truck

Walter Russel Mead

Schadenfreude alert: readers, and especially those who don't much like the New York Times, should make sure they are not eating soup or holding hot liquids before viewing the video below. Uncontrollable gales of laughter stemming from excessive levels of schadenfreude may cause spilling and staining.

(Snip)

For readers, this is a fascinating and revealing glimpse inside the Times bubble. I am not sure which is more disconcerting; the deeply embedded sense of blue entitlement so palpably on display or the poor political judgement that led the union brass to think that releasing this video to the public would be good PR. Either way it serves as a powerful illustration of just how fundamentally out of touch many of the people working at America's most famous newspaper have become.

(Snip)

Ha! Love the last typed-in sentence. What a loss.....

@nickydog

The major problem going on today could summed up in the phrase....That was then...This is now.

And so many people on all sides of the political aisle IMO don't really grasp this.

It's not 1937 with White Only signs everywhere, women are expected to sdtay at home and raise the children...I would also point out its not 1957 and the rest of the world lays in ruins and we are the only nation that counts, and we don't have to pay any attention to what is going on in...India...China...Japan

Welcome to the XXIst century, please fasten your seat belt.

@nickydog

The major problem going on today could summed up in the phrase....That was then...This is now.

And so many people on all sides of the political aisle IMO don't really grasp this.

It's not 1937 with White Only signs everywhere, women are expected to sdtay at home and raise the children...I would also point out its not 1957 and the rest of the world lays in ruins and we are the only nation that counts, and we don't have to pay any attention to what is going on in...India...China...Japan

Welcome to the XXIst century, please fasten your seat belt.

Yup.

@nickydog

I don't think a lot of people really grasp this. On CGP many on the left seemed to have missed the small obscure fact that both the Civil Rights & Womens Movement succeeded...for better or worse. You go to TOS and so many there do not understand it is a small interconnected world today, and getting more so all the time, they look back at the 1950's or 1850's as some sort of Golden Age and if we only went back there all would be well. Humbug!

Just a couple of things I Do Not Get. Lord knows I not that bright, and I don't understand why others so much smarter than I don't see what is happening. atwitsend.gif

Here endth Rant #498,712

SrWoodchuck

@Valin & @nickydog!

Agree with you.

"...without us, The Times is just white space..."

Yes.....and with you....it is a red space!

BTW: Is it just me.....or are most of those people seriously challenged for looks? Pruney faced & whiney.