Watch CNN Republican debate

Valin

It's a catch 22. You'll get the fresh garden to make you healthy, but then another federal agent will take that food and give you chicken nuggets to "normalize your health."

Ain't that the truth.

• Like 1

She promised to come to my house and plant my garden in the spring. Gotta love the Mooch.

Lock your door, do not let her on your property. Plant your own garden.

wink.png

Something tells me she was just kidding me. But I'll keep the door locked, just in case.

She is not a kidder. She is focused and vill not fail.

We have to make them fail.

It's a catch 22. You'll get the fresh garden to make you healthy, but then another federal agent will take that food and give you chicken nuggets to "normalize your health."

• Like 1

Way to go Thad.

More contraceptive stuff. Enough. or keep it up. You will not win on this issue.

It is not about contraceptive. $9 at Walmart.

It is about Freedom from Government Infringements

You won't win this issue.

edited to add: those are my comments, not Thad's.

Drat! I'm sorry I missed the debate. Sounds like it was a pretty good one.

Ushered at 4:00 Ash Wed. church service and then went straight to an AFA basketball game. They lost, 65-62. Should've watched the debate.

Great debate thread. Makes up for missing the debate. Sounds like there was a little more going after Obama and a little less going after each other. I'll take that.

I'm probably Romney, Santorum, Gingrich, Paul

I'm not thrilled with Romney, but filled with fear with Santorum and more so Gingrich saying/doing something stupid.

That is my order also. smile.png

What Geee and CV said.

Once again... Three great minds in harmony.

chimp-thinker.jpg

Everyone..... Thanks for all the great commentary.

I did not watch the debate last night but after catching up on this thread I feel like I was there.

I'm not thrilled with Romney, but filled with fear with Santorum and more so Gingrich saying/doing something stupid.

What Geee and CV said.

I did not watch the debate last night but after catching up on this thread I feel like I was there.

Ditto that from clearvision's comment on. :)

And I like the new posts pop up as well!

What Geee and CV said.

Ditto that from clearvision's comment on. :)

And I like the new posts pop up as well!

A couple of assumptions

A. Assume there is a large (and I mean large) tidal wave of...well crap coming our way.(See unsustainable federal/state/local debt, & and a large top heavy unpopular bureaucracy sticking its nose into darn near every aspect of our lives.) Assume the political culture in Washington is resistant to change by any conentional means, (see what has been tried for the last 40 years)

B. Assume either Santorumn or Romney are elected President. Assume they are just as aware as all of the problems, and they do want to solve it...ie they are not just a couple of Pols saying what they think we want to hear.

Question: Is there anything in what they have been saying for the last 20 years that leads you to believe they have thought about what is wrong, and how to solve the problem?

What I am talking about is a change on the level that FDR brought in his time in office. I don't think they can, I don't think they have really thought about the size and scope of what is coming. Make no mistake the change is coming and it would be useful to have someone sitting in the Oval Office who has spend the last 40 years thinking, writing, speaking about these subject. And that is why I strongly believe we need Newt Gingrich sitting in the Oval Office. With Rick Santorum we have someone who is a life long politician (and there is nothing wrong per se with life long politicians) , so he'll will look at the problems only politically. Mitt Romney a life long businessman, and not just a businessman but a corporate businessman and a CEO (not that there is anything wrong with that, there are very few people that have the drive and the skills to do that), so he will look at what is coming as a businessman. Newt Gingrich (here after known as the answer to a maidens prayer rolleyes.gif) He is a nice combination. A life long politician (knows how Washington works), a historian (thinks long term), a businessman, a teacher (IMO this last will be most important in dealing with what is coming). So what we have is a nice broad combination of perspectives to the job. These things and he has not been afraid of ruffling feathers in order to get done what he wants to get done.

Rick Santorum brings many pluses to the table, the main one being, What You see Is What You Get. A nice change of pace in a national politician.

Romney...has he ever in his political career ever said 'I know everyone is going to hate me but...' Has he ever acted Boldly (for lack of a better word)? It appears to me that he has never taken any real risks, where if he failed his career was all over. (Just something that occurred to me)

My first requirement on a Presidential candidate is ALWAYS character! We are talking about the most powerful man(at least for now) in the world. That being equal, I would be considering some of the things you talk about. Without it, to me it is just noise. I did not agree with GWB on everything. GWB was not a great debater. GWB did not come out with clever answers or claim to know everything, but GWB had character. I trusted him. If someone had looked at the character of the present occupant of the WH, things could be mighty different now. Could even be different if people thought it counted when Bill Clinton ran. Like I said, if he makes it I will hold my nose-but he would never be my first choice.

@Valin...I am dying to reply right now, but I need to keep working.

But I'll be back. You've added food for thought, but I can articulate why I think differently. And I will asap. :)

My first requirement on a Presidential candidate is ALWAYS character! We are talking about the most powerful man(at least for now) in the world. That being equal, I would be considering some of the things you talk about. Without it, to me it is just noise. I did not agree with GWB on everything. GWB was not a great debater. GWB did not come out with clever answers or claim to know everything, but GWB had character. I trusted him. If someone had looked at the character of the present occupant of the WH, things could be mighty different now. Could even be different if people thought it counted when Bill Clinton ran. Like I said, if he makes it I will hold my nose-but he would never be my first choice.

If Mitt Romney is the candidate I will strap on my SCBA and vote for Romney.

The Campaign he has run is a classic example of everything that is wrong with politics today. Never say why people should vote for you, smash destroy your opponent. Never speak in anything other than 30 second sound bytes. Above all go negative, go negative, go negative...all the while stand aside looking innocent and saying you have nothing to do with these negative ads.

We can talk character and Mitt Romney if you want. I can play that game. Or we can talk Ideas.

The O is talking now in Florida.

He is complaining that the Repubs are using their complaints that they used when Bush was president.

'Republicans bad, Democrats not our fault.'

He is complaining that the Repubs are using their complaints that they used when Bush was president.

You know if only the Democrats had been better at cheating in 2000 this would be a moot point.

I am listening while I am working and have a question: They always talk about how much you will save at the pump with fancy electric cars. But Electricity isn't free, and it isn't less expensive than gas. And no one ever seems to mention that. PLUS it's mostly generated in coal fired plants which are terribly polluting compared to other things.

This is such a crazy concept. It really is just dumb.

Ok back to work.

I am listening while I am working and have a question: They always talk about how much you will save at the pump with fancy electric cars. But Electricity isn't free, and it isn't less expensive than gas. And no one ever seems to mention that. PLUS it's mostly generated in coal fired plants which are terribly polluting compared to other things.

Ok back to work.

And on top of all is the O's determination to close all coal-fired generators. That will "necessarily mean sky-rocketing electricity costs". The O has to GO. His speech today was totally worthless rehash of what he has been saying all along.

Ok back to work.

You vill buy ze electric cars and you vill like zem...... even if ze power plants have to glow ze cherry-red to power zem!! Sieg Heil!

Ok back to work.

You vill buy ze electric cars and you vill like zem...... even if ze power plants have to glow ze cherry-red to power zem!! Sieg Heil!

obama-as-hitler.jpg

$35000 to fix electric car if you forget to plug it in and it runs battery down..... Car maker says all cars require maintenance, keeping it plugged in when not in use is part of expected maintenance, battery not covered..... yikes!

Link

Ok back to work.

It's quite obvious that you have never investigated the energy potential that Quantum Physics is even now discovering in Pixie Dust.

Yes Pixie Dust! The energy source for the new century.

I expect to be driving my '97 Chevy Blazer with about 60K miles on it, until my demise. I drive so much. I spent less than $200 for gas in 2011. Wonder how much it would have cost me to use electricity? The highest I paid per gallon was $4.10 one time.