A Viewers Guide To The Florida Primary

clearvision

I always thought military generals are used to giving an order and having it carried out.

That is true of some generals, and they usually have a short and unsuccessful tenure as generals. Successful military leaders know that the first requirment for accomplishing their mission is to lead. They have to have credibility in the mission they are leading. They have to maintain the respect of their men. Giving an order is easy. Having that order carried out effectively by the men you are leading is a lot more difficult. You have to prepare the internal battlefield through trust and selecting tactical level leaders who are competent and respected. I have served under good leaders and terrible leaders. The organizations of good leaders seem run themselves. What's amazing is how quickly those organizations can fall apart when the good leaders leave and are replaced by less effective leaders. Doesn't matter how many orders they bark out. Without actual leadership, they fail as commanders.

If Romney doesn't win the election, with all the attention Herman Cain got, the next Republican President may well come from the business world (and I don't mean Donald Trump).

I would love to see a business world candidate. One of the reasons I liked Cain. He wasn't an insider.

And we saw what happened to Cain. It has been said over and over but... who would want to put up with living under a microscope? A 'business man', Romney is finding out too, has a stigma if they are successful or worse, if they weren't successful. A rich person can't 'relate' now that the O has told us we have a class disparity in this country.

Wasn't Eisenhower the last non-politician to win? And didn't he win because he ended the Korean War? Can't begin to remember who he ran against.

Well, final Florida totals are in, and overall turnout was down 15% from 2008. That sucks. Turnout in SC was higher than it was in 2008. After grossly outspending his opponents and having months to lay down groundwork in Florida, he wasn't able to get 50% of the vote. There is no way he'll have that same advantage in the general election.

Rokke, I completely agree. I guess I meant that a General isn't used to the lethargy of Congress and it taking forever to accomplish something. In the military, Generals usually get some activity as a result of their directives.

We see what a non-leader is doing to this country now, speaking of failed leaders.

• Like 1

Santorum is going to be here tomorrow. Appearing in Colo. Springs tomorrow night, 7-9. Trying to decide whether to go.

Go if you can and let us know your opinion.

Scissors-32x32.png

I would love to see a business world candidate. One of the reasons I liked Cain. He wasn't an insider.

That was Cain's problem, however, too much of an insider.

rolleyes.gif

• Like 1