A Viewers Guide To The Florida Primary

clearvision

So Mitt 46%, Newt 32%, Rick 13%. Margin drops a bit, but still 46% versus 45% other conservative.

13 points, given the money he spent he should have done better, given Newt Gingrich has (to say the least) flaws.

So IMO the question still remains...is he electable? He made a good 1st step.

What I would like to see Newt do is ignore Mitts negative ads, and keep pounding what he would do. Stay with the 2+2=4 message. When asked about the ads, turn it around ..."If my opponent chooses to concentrate on tearing me down, that's his choice. Now let me tell you what I would like to do about....."

Make Romney look like the bad guy.

• Like 1

So Mitt 46%, Newt 32%, Rick 13%. Margin drops a bit, but still 46% versus 45% other conservative.

13 points, given the money he spent he should have done better, given Newt Gingrich has (to say the least) flaws.

What I would like to see Newt do is ignore Mitts negative ads, and keep pounding what he would do. Stay with the 2+2=4 message. When asked about the ads, turn it around ..."If my opponent chooses to concentrate on tearing me down, that's his choice. Now let me tell you what I would like to do about....."

Newt's speech tonite was what you want to see.

Who are in the lineup for future candidates, in your opinion?

Question is sort of vague. Future candidates in this presidential cycle? If so, I have said before that I personally don't see anyone coming along at this late date. It is Mitt or Newt all the way.

Do you think there will be another entering the race?

No, I don't see a late entry....but then I can barely see my computer screen anymore. ha.

I'm thinking more future for president. Jihndahl and Rubio are out on Native Born Citizen. What good young conservative governors are out there that qualify?

Susana Martinez, Scott Walker, come to mind. Also Rubio was born in Miami Florida.

Newt's speech tonite was what you want to see.

I'll check it out.

Been "debating" a young lefty at CGP about Charles Murray and The Bell Curve. Can we say shooting fish in a barrel? biggrin.png

PS Just in case you were wondering Charles Murray is a racist. rolleyes.gif

Susana Martinez, Scott Walker, come to mind. Also Rubio was born in Miami Florida.

Yes, he was born in Miami, but his folks came from Cuba in 1956 and he was born in the USA in 1971 and his parents did not denounce Cuban citizenship until 1975. Therefore, he does not qualify.

Walker is a good choice.

98% of the vote in and Mitt has 767,474 votes. 66,000 better than McCain. Unfortunately, it looks like we'll be 10% lower on overall turnout.

Yes, he was born in Miami, but his folks came from Cuba in 1956 and he was born in the USA in 1971 and his parents did not denounce Cuban citizenship until 1975. Therefore, he does not qualify.

Walker is a good choice.

We learn something new everyday.

That is why @Valin, I want whomever the nominee is...to have Rubio as his VP. Let them bring the subject up and bring it on.

The current president is not there constitutionally as one of his parents was not a naturalized citizen. He is ineligible on that fact alone.

Lets bring it on!

Walker is a good choice.

That is why @Valin, I want whomever the nominee is...to have Rubio as his VP. Let them bring the subject up and bring it on.

The current president is not there constitutionally as one of his parents was not a naturalized citizen. He is ineligible on that fact alone.

Lets bring it on!

Lets bring it on!

Lets bring it on!

How does someone who does not qualify to be president, qualify as a VP? If his president died, could he become president? And why would a historian such as Newt hint at making him VP?

(Looks as though I made a booboo unique to me.)

Who are in the lineup for future candidates, in your opinion?

Question is sort of vague. Future candidates in this presidential cycle? If so, I have said before that I personally don't see anyone coming along at this late date. It is Mitt or Newt all the way.

Do you think there will be another entering the race?

No, I don't see a late entry....but then I can barely see my computer screen anymore. ha.

I'm thinking more future for president. Jihndahl and Rubio are out on Native Born Citizen. What good young conservative governors are out there that qualify?

Paul Ryan, RAND Paul? More will surely come along in the next few years.

How does someone who does not qualify to be president, qualify as a VP? If his president died, could he become president? And why would a historian such as Newt hint at making him VP?

(Looks as though I made a booboo unique to me.)

He doesn't. But, it will make them have to acknowledge the fact the the current president lacks the very requirement to be president.

I know, it is crazy talk. That seems to be what I do. ha.

I like both, except they are in Congress.

I couldn't think of any Governors. Palin? Walker? Must be others.

I know, there must be. My mind is blank on possibilities.

I like both, except they are in Congress.

I couldn't think of any Governors. Palin? Walker? Must be others.

This is going to sound really stupid, but I think it is going to have to be someone like Tim Tebow or Joe the Plumber. I am in NO way saying either of those guys specifically. But someone out of the mainstream who can connect to Americans through a unique and real story. Patreaus also comes to mind. I don't think we need anymore professional politicians leading the charge. To gain their status, they've already sold their soul. I know Eisenhower wasn't a good president, but he is evidence of someone who got elected without being a congressman or governor.

• Like 1

I agree Rokke, but look what they would do to someone who wants to serve their country. They would eviscerate them, their families, the dog.....without fact, but with relentless zeal. This process has almost excluded any good people from running. So, what I do have to say about this election cycle, the media are on focus. I thank Newt for that...and hope it continues.

WestVirginiaRebel

If Romney doesn't win the election, with all the attention Herman Cain got, the next Republican President may well come from the business world (and I don't mean Donald Trump).

I have to say I don't remember much about Eisenhower, but he did get the Interstate Highway system developed which opened this country up.

I always thought military generals are used to giving an order and having it carried out. D. C. doesn't work that way, I feel a politician has to run in that they have already been through the sausage grinder and at least have an idea on the ways of Wash. If they didn't have any elective office experience, they would have to have a savvy VP to advise them.

But enough of that. Who is Mitt going to select for VP? He is north, does he go to the south or head west?

I agree Rokke, but look what they would do to someone who wants to serve their country. They would eviscerate them, their families, the dog.....without fact, but with relentless zeal. This process has almost excluded any good people from running. So, what I do have to say about this election cycle, the media are on focus. I thank Newt for that...and hope it continues.

They are going to attempt to do that regardless of who it is. But imagine if/when they try to do that to someone with a large popular following. Again, consider Tim Tebow as an example. Initially the media attacked him from every direction. The big story (according to the media) was that half the country hated him and half the country loved him. Except when they did an actual poll, he ends up selected as the nation's most popular athlete. He's still a polarizing public figure, but even his vocal critics now start their criticism with "I like him as a person and for the role modeling he does, but....".

Like you, I think the most positive result of this election will be an even greater public hatred of the media. Newt tapped into that livewire very effectively. The Tea Party is going to grow after this election. All it needs is a leader. The leaders that already exist (senators, governors) have refused to step up or have already been looked at and dismissed. Somewhere out there is a leader who will capture the publics' eye and their loyalty. He's not going to be discovered by the media or Washington. He's going to be selected by the grass roots. And when he/she is, there will be a tsunami of political change in this country.

• Like 1

If Romney doesn't win the election, with all the attention Herman Cain got, the next Republican President may well come from the business world (and I don't mean Donald Trump).

I would love to see a business world candidate. One of the reasons I liked Cain. He wasn't an insider.

I have to say I don't remember much about Eisenhower, but he did get the Interstate Highway system developed which opened this country up.

I always thought military generals are used to giving an order and having it carried out. D. C. doesn't work that way, I feel a politician has to run in that they have already been through the sausage grinder and at least have an idea on the ways of Wash. If they didn't have any elective office experience, they would have to have a savvy VP to advise them.

But enough of that. Who is Mitt going to select for VP? He is north, does he go to the south or head west?

No idea and almost afraid to find out.

The Tea Party is going to grow after this election. All it needs is a leader. The leaders that already exist (senators, governors) have refused to step up or have already been looked at and dismissed. Somewhere out there is a leader who will capture the publics' eye and their loyalty. He's not going to be discovered by the media or Washington. He's going to be selected by the grass roots. And when he/she is, there will be a tsunami of political change in this country.

Warriors, come out to plaaay. :-)