Florida Republican debate: Where and when to watch

Valin

Washington Post

1/23/12

Here are the details you will need to tune into Monday night’s Republican Candidates Debate sponsored by NBC News, National Journal, and the Tampa Bay Times.

Where can I watch the debate?

The debate at the University of South Florida in Tampa, will air on NBC at 9 p.m. ET in the place of “Rock Center” and will be livestreaming on NBCNews.com, NationalJournal.com, TampaBay.com.

The debate will be moderated by NBC's Brian Williams and will include a panel with National Journal’s Beth Reinhard and the Tampa Bay Times’ Adam Smith.

It seems that many cable and satellite channel guides (I've confirmed DirecTV and Dish among other cable operators) don't have the debate listed for NBC this evening. It is happening tonight, it has not been canceled. I think the fault lies with NBC in not updating their schedule with this event. If you have any question on what time it will air in your local market, please check out the NBC schedule which does in fact list the debate happening tonight (1/23/12).

2012 Election Central

Will Romney realize he has to be more animated, passionate. And if so can he express it?

The problem is..what is he passionate about? So far he's not expressed it.

The thing is some people don't do passionate well. He's more the steady as you go type. You see that a lot in CEO types.

He has hired a new debate coach, so maybe we'll see a different look tonight.

I'm going to miss the debate tonight. But I'll have a 4 hour layover in a FedEx hub to read all the post debate reviews.

My predictions for the debate are that Gingrich will take Romney to task for going so negative just a couple days after Romney said in his last debate that going negative was his one regret so far in the campaign and that he planned to focus on Obama. Romney will respond in some way and get booed.

I also predict Gingrich will spend a lot of time discussing his plans for turning around the economy. If he plans on attacking the media again, I agree with the Rush monologue that Valin posted that it will backfire and look set up.

Santorum will try to set himself apart from his two opponents and slam them both for going negative. He will spend a lot of time slamming Obama and work hard at making himself the candidate best positioned for taking out Obama.

Finally, I believe this will be Paul's best performance yet.

I believe this will be Paul's best performance yet.

:blink:

Oh. I just assumed he was going to skip it since he isn't campaigning in Florida. Nevermind then.

I believe this will be Paul's best performance yet.

:blink:

Oh. I just assumed he was going to skip it since he isn't campaigning in Florida. Nevermind then.

That's not placing the bar very high......not a good thing unless its a limbo contest.