Coffee Shop

Rheo

Funny... I don't remember Google pimping GWB's State of the Union. Especially strange since this is supposed to be a thinly veiled campaign speech.

But maybe my memory is just failing in my old age. :mellow:

google.gif

Media Research Center

Former Democratic operative George Stephanopoulos on Tuesday recited an e-mail from the Democratic National Committee to an adviser for a Democratic president.

The host interviewed David Plouffe and began, " got this e-mail from [the] Democratic National Committee...saying Mitt Romney's tax returns release raises more questions than it answers."

snip

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Let's get the White House reaction to all this. As the President gets set for his State of the Union address tonight, David Plouffe, White House senior adviser, top political strategist joins us now. Good morning, David. And I want to begin with those tax returns for Mitt Romney overnight. I'll get to the State of the Union in a second. But, at 6:03am, got this e-mail from Democratic National Committee, a blast e-mail, saying Mitt Romney's tax returns release raises more questions than it answers. What more do voters need to know about Mitt Romney's taxes and his wealth?

My FB friend attended and said it was very good.

Restoring American Exceptionalism – Chicago Townhall

-By Warner Todd Huston

I just got back from a wonderful evening taking school choice at the Restoring American Exceptionalism, Chicago Townhall. In attendance were radio talk show host Michael Medved, Fox News contributor Juan Williams, and Dr. Paul Worfel, Director of Education of Trinity International University. The discussion was moderated by John Tillman of the Illinois Policy Institute.

The event was sponsored by National School Choice Week, an effort by Americans for Prosperity, and is one of many events being held across the country to encourage parents, legislators, and activists to work toward allowing parents a choice in their children’s education. Co-sponsors were Townhall.com, Salem Radio Networks, and Chicago’s WIND Radio, AM 560

snip

Juan Williams was one of the first to reply to Mr. Tillman’s prompting and in no uncertain terms he pointed out that unions and parents are basically at odds with “quite distinct missions” in mind for our American education system. The education establishment, Williams said, was separated between unions interested in their own needs and students and their parents that want a better education for kids.

This is all damaging education in America. “You’ll find that American children are falling behind and in terms of the global economy our education system is failing children in both the inner cities and the suburbs,” Williams lamented.

snip

Mark Steyn has a good point today and one I think we have all wondered:

WHY do the Republicans allow themselves to be set up in and by these debates. NBC, CNN, ABC are not their friends.

Then he brought us the sheer asinine contention by Brian Williams that this was going to be such a serious important debate that no clapping, expressions, standing ovations, nada would be allowed last night and yet their top subjects were insanely inane things like sugar beets, Castro, Shiavo, Mars etc

Mark Steyn (and you) are so right, shoutrighteousmomma!

Mark Steyn has a good point today and one I think we have all wondered:

WHY do the Republicans allow themselves to be set up in and by these debates. NBC, CNN, ABC are not their friends.

Then he brought us the sheer asinine contention by Brian Williams that this was going to be such a serious important debate that no clapping, expressions, standing ovations, nada would be allowed last night and yet their top subjects were insanely inane things like sugar beets, Castro, Shiavo, Mars etc

Mark Steyn (and you) are so right, shoutrighteousmomma!

A Hot Air debate?

Ed Morrissey

1/24/12

(Snip)

Will the Republicans running for President agree to a forum that actually speaks to the voters they want to convince? I’ll let you know what answers we get. In the meantime, I want to thank all our friends for the vote of confidence in proposing this idea.

What we are seeing IMO is another manifestation of a revolt against the GOP establishment.

I would also remind people Ed Morrissey is a Romney supporter.

The PTB in the GOP establishment have a problem...and it's not just Newt.

“A Tale of Two Missions” – a film by Juan Williams and Kyle Olson (and directed by Chicago-based Andrew Marcus) – tells the story of competing cultures in American education through examples from Chicago.

See the internet-only abridged version here:

While the fight for school choice rages across the nation, perhaps no better example exists than that of the Windy City. Traditional alliances are breaking down. Both political parties are pushing for education reform and expanded school choice. The status quo is under attack, because most reasonable people understand that thousands of Chicago students are trapped in failing schools.

Indiana state Senate passes right to work bill

The Indiana state Senate on Monday approved a controversial measure that would make it the first right-to-work state in the traditional manufacturing heartland of the country.

The Republican-led Senate voted 28 to 22 in favor of the right-to-work legislation after two hours of debate, with nine of the majority Republicans voting against.

The measure still must clear the Republican-majority House of Representatives, where Democrats have been using stalling tactics to prevent a vote.

Under the proposed Indiana law, employees at unionized private businesses would not have to pay union dues. Such statutes are enforced in 22 states, mostly in the South and West.

If the law goes into force, Indiana would become the first right-to-work state in the area considered the country's traditional manufacturing belt. The manufacturing belt of the Midwest and mid-Atlantic states is now sometimes dubbed the rust belt because of the large number of plant closures.snip

Google announces privacy settings change across products; users can’t opt out

Google said Tuesday it will require users to allow the company to follow their activities across e-mail, search, YouTube and other services, a radical shift in strategy that is expected to invite greater scrutiny of its privacy and competitive practices.

The information will enable Google to develop a fuller picture of how people use its growing empire of Web sites. Consumers will have no choice but to accept the changes.

The policy will take effect March 1 and will also impact Android mobile phone users, who are required to log in to Google accounts when they activate their phones. snip

Ex-Giffords challenger to run for her seat

The Republican who almost unseated Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) in 2010 will run again for the seat left open by her impending resignation.

Jesse Kelly, a former Marine sergeant and businessman, filed a statement of candidacy with the Federal Election Commission on Tuesday. A Republican source in Arizona confirmed that Kelly is planning to run for the seat.snip

“A Tale of Two Missions” – a film by Juan Williams and Kyle Olson (and directed by Chicago-based Andrew Marcus) – tells the story of competing cultures in American education through examples from Chicago.

See the internet-only abridged version here:

While the fight for school choice rages across the nation, perhaps no better example exists than that of the Windy City. Traditional alliances are breaking down. Both political parties are pushing for education reform and expanded school choice. The status quo is under attack, because most reasonable people understand that thousands of Chicago students are trapped in failing schools.

Good stuff! 58% failure rate! A private business you'd be gone with this rate.

Google said Tuesday it will require users to allow the company to follow their activities across e-mail, search, YouTube and other services, a radical shift in strategy that is expected to invite greater scrutiny of its privacy and competitive practices.

The information will enable Google to develop a fuller picture of how people use its growing empire of Web sites. Consumers will have no choice but to accept the changes.

The policy will take effect March 1 and will also impact Android mobile phone users, who are required to log in to Google accounts when they activate their phones. snip

Why do I have alarm bells going off in my head?

No kidding. I do not like this at all. Especially if it takes from Google calendar. aaaccckkk.

Wow, a day spent arguing w/liberals is damn exhausting.

Next time may I recommend

VA15.jpg

Nothings says your an idiot and you're giving me a headache so shut up like Mr. Club.

Just a suggestion.

No kidding. I do not like this at all. Especially if it takes from Google calendar. aaaccckkk.

might be time to find another search engine.

Wow, a day spent arguing w/liberals is damn exhausting.

I posted the corrections about the graphs to both of the FB pages of the people who posted them yesterday. It has gone unanswered by anyone! Liberals just can't handle facts :P

might be time to find another search engine.

I use Bing most of the time. I have also read that FB is mining accounts for political information in alliance with Politico :angry:

Crap.

I posted on FB to the wrong thread.

My brother says...Sitting in Denver airport waiting for flight to Fargo. jumped an earlier flight from Portland only to have to wait for the same connection anyway. at least that Denver flight used a real airplane.

then

Curt Schmidt What were you doing in Portland?

Brian Smith Trying out for the Trailblazers. This white man can jump. :)

Brian Smith Actually just went to have a beer with Wyatt, and the Jones'

So my response... Liar, Liar, Liar. Everything you say is opposite of what you do. Not all of us live in a unicorn world of pretty words...we are aware.

If I slam one more can of Coke Zero against my head.. I could be a democrat by morning.

FB is glitching and won't let me delete. Crap.

Lest you all think I'm crazy.

Well, you would be right, but FB has glitched tonight that no one can comment.

I know, I'm thinking the regime didn't want social media to discuss the Obama....any other ideas?

yeah, possible timeline upgrade or any software upgrade but I like my dang tin foil.

James Lileks also has alarm bells in today's Bleat.