Coffee Shop

Rheo

GOP lawmaker to skip State of the Union as protest

Rep. Doug Lamborn (R-Colo.) will skip the State of the Union address Tuesday night in what he describes as a protest of President Barack Obama's policies, the congressman's office said Monday.

"Congressman Lamborn is doing this to send a clear message that he does not support the policies of Barack Obama, that they have hurt our country," said Lamborn's spokeswoman, Catherine Mortensen, in an e-mail.

Mortenson said that the congressman "believes the President is in full campaign mode and will use the address as an opportunity to bash his political opponents."snip

This one is making its way around FB now. Sigh.

Spend too much time refuting 5 of them..with congressional proof. I have 6 likes so far and big Thank You! :lol:

380153_2827875414876_1198770161_33215132_1009492647_n.jpg

:lol: Well her arthritis must be a lot better!!

If you need an links that give facts to refute the O'Donnell thing here are two:

http://www.armleg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=61855&sid=f96f512ec2d89383baa846f2628b6d5b&mforum=pianosinc

http://planetofbob.wordpress.com/2012/01/10/how-stupid-do-this-people-think-we-are-and-more-importantly-how-often-are-they-right/

They have to stop getting away with this crap.

I'm up to 10 likes now. Then someone posts that God is in control and the FF that posted the lie banner thanks him for the redirect. Guess facts don't matter. ;)

Sorry to bore you with the FB defuncting of the liberal crap, but it is interesting to note that some of the ones liking the facts are in fact, black.

Ka-Ching! New NLRB appointee will keep getting paid by union...

Richard Griffin, the former general counsel for the International Union of Operating Engineers, will receive regular payments under two different IUOE pension plans. The payment amounts are not listed on the disclosure form. He will also receive a single lump sum payment equal to three weeks of salary (one week for each of the three years since he enrolled in the plan). Griffin’s annual salary as the IUOE’s general counsel was $376,778, according to the disclosure form.

Spend too much time refuting 5 of them..with congressional proof. I have 6 likes so far and big Thank You! :lol:

I hope I get this right:

Liberals didn't get WOMEN the right to vote....WOMEN did.

Liberals didn't get African-Americans the right to vote...CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICANS did.

Liberals did pass Social Security, misleading millions of seniors into believing that they didn't have to plan for retirement, therefore dooming them to live in poverty in their twilight years.

Liberals fought desegregation.

Not a single Democrat....liberal or not....voted for the Civil Rights Act. It was Republican sponsored, and passed by a Republican majority. I'm not sure about the Voting Rights Act, but it doesn't seem like a Liberal program until after it passed and could be exploited.

The Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act were supported by both parties.

What did Liberals do, Mr. O'Donnell? They created the Ku Klux Klan in order to intimidate black voters from voting for Republicans. Liberals created Jim Crow laws for the same purpose. Liberals have created a welfare system that enslaves black Americans every bit as much as the Plantation South. Liberals promote abortion en masse, knowing full well that they are curbing the population growth of African Americans, keeping them as a sub-class of American culture (black woman seek abortions at a rate that exceeds all other races combined).

Take pride in your Liberal label, then, and show what a bigot you REALLY are!!.

:lol: Well her arthritis must be a lot better!!

If you need an links that give facts to refute the O'Donnell thing here are two:

http://www.armleg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=61855&sid=f96f512ec2d89383baa846f2628b6d5b&mforum=pianosinc

http://planetofbob.wordpress.com/2012/01/10/how-stupid-do-this-people-think-we-are-and-more-importantly-how-often-are-they-right/

They have to stop getting away with this crap.

Thanks for those links, shoutGeee.

righteousmomma

Mark Steyn has a good point today and one I think we have all wondered:

WHY do the Republicans allow themselves to be set up in and by these debates. NBC, CNN, ABC are not their friends.

Then he brought us the sheer asinine contention by Brian Williams that this was going to be such a serious important debate that no clapping, expressions, standing ovations, nada would be allowed last night and yet their top subjects were insanely inane things like sugar beets, Castro, Shiavo, Mars etc

Mark Steyn has a good point today and one I think we have all wondered:

WHY do the Republicans allow themselves to be set up in and by these debates. NBC, CNN, ABC are not their friends.

Then he brought us the sheer asinine contention by Brian Williams that this was going to be such a serious important debate that no clapping, expressions, standing ovations, nada would be allowed last night and yet their top subjects were insanely inane things like sugar beets, Castro, Shiavo, Mars etc

I didn't realize that is why there was no clapping, etc., last night. I know in the general election debates there can't be any, but not last night.