Coffee Shop- Open 24/7

Rheo

gallery_3_6_6541.jpg

Join us daily to chat about news, post snippets, video's, what you heard on tv or at the grocery store.

This is a no host thread so wash your cups when you are done and have a great day. ;)

Previous Thread

Shameful: Code Pink Leftists Protest Wounded Warriors Participating In Army Ten-Miler Event…

Congressman Alen West:

Just finished running Army Ten Miler and unofficial time was 1 hr 29 mins and change, great seeing many old friends and former bosses. However, what struck me as shameful was Code Pink being out on the run course protesting. There were many Wounded Warriors doing the wheelchair race and running with their prosthetic devices. Perhaps Code Pink does not realize that those “Army Strong” men and women make it possible for them to stand on Independence Ave and demean their service, sacrifice, and commitment…….Land of the Free because we are the Home of the Brave!” Army Strong!

snip

Hilarious: Pro-Obama “Harlem Tea Party” Draws Only a Few Dozen…

Dozens of people rallied at a “Harlem Tea Party” Sunday in support of President Obama’s reelection bid – and called for a more civil tone in the presidential race.

“This is a Harlem tea party,” said Chet Whyte, director of Harlem 4 Obama. “This is about ‘civilitea.’ But don’t let the smooth taste fool you.”

“Our premise is that we have allowed the Tea Party to shape the debate,” Whyte said. “We’re going to take back the definition of tea party. They wanted to define us, we’re redefining them.”

snip

Tekima Berlack, a retired social worker who was born and reared in Harlem, said, in some instances, racism has fueled the vitriolic criticism of the president.

“I think it’s racism,” said Berlack, who held up a sign that read “Expand Pell Grants for Low Income Students.”

“I think anything the man does – they work against him,” Berlack added. “The man is trying to save the country. They have an agenda, and I’m out here because we need an agenda. It’s critical that we elect Obama in 2012.”

Paul Ryan: Obama Has Broken Promise to Unify Country

Rep. Paul Ryan and President Obama have a long history of fundamental policy disagreements, but today Ryan accused Obama of breaking his campaign promise to unite the country rather than divide it through class warfare.

"I think he’s preying on the emotions of fear, envy and anger,” the Wisconsin Republican said today on NBC’s “Meet The Press.” “And that is not constructive to unifying America. I think he’s broken his promise as a uniter, and now he’s dividing people. And to me, that’s very unproductive. That’s not who we are in America."

"I think this divisive rhetoric is fairly — is divisive,” he said. “I think it’s troubling. Sowing class envy and social unrest is not what we do in America."

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2011/10/09/paul_ryan_obama_has_broken_promise_to_unify_country

Shocking AP Headline: 'Obama Disconnects Rhetoric, Reality'

Many right-thinking Americans have been wondering when Obama-loving news outlets would notice that even Democrats don't support the president's new jobs bill.

On Monday, the truth came from a surprising source - the Associated Press:

In President Barack Obama's sales pitch for his jobs bill, there are two versions of reality: The one in his speeches and the one actually unfolding in Washington.

When Obama accuses Republicans of standing in the way of his nearly $450 billion plan, he ignores the fact that his own party has struggled to unite behind the proposal.

When the president says Republicans haven't explained what they oppose in the plan, he skips over the fact that Republicans who control the House actually have done that in detail.

And when he calls on Congress to "pass this bill now," he slides past the point that Democrats control the Senate and were never prepared to move immediately, given other priorities. Senators are expected to vote Tuesday on opening debate on the bill, a month after the president unveiled it with a call for its immediate passage.

Yes, those paragraphs are really from an AP piece. So's this one:

snip

AriFleischer by DanaPerino

Prediction: OWS will grow huge, esp next summer. & just like '68 protests, it will be a gift 2the GOP as mid-America reacts

Joe the Plumber files for House run in Ohio

Samuel Joseph Wurzelbacher, better known to most Americans as Joe the Plumber, has taken concrete steps toward running for the House in Ohio.

Wurzelbacher filed candidacy papers with the Federal Election Commission on Friday, and also registered a campaign committee under the name "Joe for Congress 2012."snip

Wall Street Insider: Obama 2012 Re-Election “Not An Option”

The Ulsterman Report.

Interesting read.

shoutRheo! Thanks for the link. It is indeed an interesting read.

Too bad WS-Insider didn't vote in the last election... and too many others like him. If they had voted, our country might not be in quite as much trouble... not sure. I voted for McCain but it was like choosing the lesser of the evils. Almost like voting for the "reduced fat" version of Obama. But on the up side, at least WS-Insider and millions of others finally seem to get it and want to made a difference in 2012.

Cain earns prime real estate at Tuesday GOP debate

As Herman Cain climbs the polls in the Republican primary, he is receiving increased attention from Republican voters, adversaries in the field, and, it seems, the staging department of Tuesday's Washington Post/Bloomberg debate at Dartmouth College.

Cain's rise to second in recent national polling means that he has earned a spot next to former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in tomorrow night's debate, ABC News is reporting. Gov. Rick Perry (Texas), whose numbers have been in freefall since the last GOP debate, has been edged to the right of Cain, meaning that he'll be paired across the table from fellow Texan Rep. Ron Paul.

Rep. Michele Bachmann (Minn.) and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (Ga.) form the next "pair" radiating out from the frontrunners, with former Gov. Jon Huntsman (Utah) and former Sen. Rick Santorum (Pa.) taking seats closest to moderator Charlie Rose - and farthest from the spotlight.snip

Issa to Holder: You own Fast & Furious

snip

Now, Issa has sent a letter to Holder telling him that he cannot escape responsibility for mushrooming scandal.

"Operation Fast and Furious was the Department’s most significant gun trafficking case," Issa wrote. "It related to two of your major initiatives – destroying the Mexican cartels and reducing gun violence on both sides of the border. On your watch, it went spectacularly wrong. Whether you realize yet or not, you own Fast and Furious. It is your responsibility."

Here's the full text of the letter:snip

Cain earns prime real estate at Tuesday GOP debate

As Herman Cain climbs the polls in the Republican primary, he is receiving increased attention from Republican voters, adversaries in the field, and, it seems, the staging department of Tuesday's Washington Post/Bloomberg debate at Dartmouth College.

Cain's rise to second in recent national polling means that he has earned a spot next to former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in tomorrow night's debate, ABC News is reporting. Gov. Rick Perry (Texas), whose numbers have been in freefall since the last GOP debate, has been edged to the right of Cain, meaning that he'll be paired across the table from fellow Texan Rep. Ron Paul.

Rep. Michele Bachmann (Minn.) and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (Ga.) form the next "pair" radiating out from the frontrunners, with former Gov. Jon Huntsman (Utah) and former Sen. Rick Santorum (Pa.) taking seats closest to moderator Charlie Rose - and farthest from the spotlight.snip

Gary Johnson supporters push for inclusion in GOP debate

Republican presidential hopeful Gary Johnson wants to be back on stage at the next GOP debate.

The libertarian-leaning former New Mexico governor’s supporters have turned to social media to pressure CNN to include him in the presidential debate taking place in Las Vegas on Oct. 18.

Fellow presidential contender New Gingrich sided with Johnson on the issue, and wants Johnson included even earlier than that at the next debate taking place Tuesday in New Hampshire. Gingrich tweeted: “Fairness requires Gov. Johnson to be included in tomorrow’s debate. I encourage Wash Post/Bloomberg to invite him.”

snip

----------

October 11th, 2011 8pm ET on Bloomberg Television – Channel Finder – Pre-debate coverage begins at 7pm ET

Sponsor: Bloomberg, The Washington Post and WBIN-TV

Participants: Bachmann, Cain, Gingrich, Huntsman, Paul, Perry, Romney, Santorum

October 18th, 2011 8pm ET on CNN – Tickets

Sponsor: CNN and the Western Republican Leadership Conference

Participants: TBD

When Paula Deen met Michelle Obama, it wasn't exactly the queen of butter versus the first lady of garden greens. Deen, known for her delicious not-so-good-for-you recipes like Gooey Butter Cake, said the two women had more in common than you might expect.

"Well, I did a show with Michelle and I just loved being with her," Deen told Yeas & Nays. "She probably ate more than any other guest I've ever had on the show —she kept eating even during commercials." Deen taught Obama how to fry shrimp during a TV segment in September before the 2008 presidential election. "You know what their favorite foods are — it's hot wings, you know, those kinds of foods that are not necessarily top-of-the-list healthy foods, so she's no different than the rest of us," Deen said. "We love those kinds of foods, we just know that we can't eat them everyday."snip

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/yeas-nays/2011/10/paula-dean-michelle-obama-likes-fried-food-too#ixzz1aQ1WGHp7

-----------

That cracked me up for some reason.

The 50 Best Ann Coulter Quotes Of All-Time

By : John Hawkins

I am a tremendous fan of Ann Coulter’s work. Coulter’s best known for being a master polemicist with an eye for controversy, but she’s also funny, an outstanding researcher, and a brilliant thinker. Let me also add that I hate to spoil her ferocious rep, but I’ve found her to be one of the single nicest, big name conservatives that I’ve had the pleasure of talking to in this business. What follows are, in my humble opinion, the 50 best quotes from Ann Coulter.

50) It’s something in liberals’ DNA: They think they can pass a law eliminating guns and nuclear weapons, but teenagers having sex is completely beyond our control.

49) It’s the famous liberal two-step: First screw something up, then claim that it’s screwed up because there’s not enough government oversight (it’s the free market run wild!), and then step in and really screw it up in the name of “reform.

48) Liberals never, ever drop a heinous idea; they just change the name. “Abortion” becomes “choice,” “communist” becomes “progressive,” “communist dictatorship” becomes “people’s democratic republic” and “Nikita Khrushchev” becomes “Barack

Obama.”

Source