Coffee Shop- Open 24/7

Rheo

Our local Raleigh newspaper never misses a chance to pimp for Obama or slam a Republican.

Their latest effort really breaks new ground and deserves at least a B+ for creativity.

News and Observer

Perry was impolitic about NC barbecue

If Republican presidential candidate Rick Perry ever campaigns in Eastern North Carolina, he may have some explaining to do.

According to “Holy Smoke, The Big Book of North Carolina Barbecue,” Perry, then a promising Texas politician, but not yet governor, tried some Eastern North Carolina barbecue from King's of Kinston that was served at the Republican National Convention that was held in Houston in 1992.

“I've had road kill that tasted better than that,” Perry was quoted as saying..

We guess Perry prefers Texas-style barbecue.

The book by John Shelton Reed and Dale Volberg Reed was published by the University of North Carolina Press in 2008.

UPDATE: Bill Graham, the former state banking commissioner, said Perry made the remark during a cook off contest between North Carolina and Texas barbecue. Perry, who was Texas agriculture commissioner at the time, served as master of ceremonies. Perry did a lot of bragging about Texas cue, while putting down North Carolina barbecue, Graham said.. Graham said he told the crowd that Texas bbq was like "yuppie barbecue" because they served it with cantaloupe.

BTW... RM and I have eaten at King's in Kinston and I tend to agree with Rick.

If there is one thing that is guaranteed to cause an argument it's who has the best BBQ!

Barbecued lutefisk! Yum! Oslo style of course.

Lutefisk, Lutefisk, Lefse, Lefse. We're Minnesota boys Ya, sure, You Betcha!

8 Dead From Contaminated Cantaloupes

The number of deaths caused by a contaminated batch of cantaloupes has doubled to eight, the Center for Disease Control and Protection (CDC) confirmed in its latest update.

A further 55 people across fourteen states were also reported sick. Almost all victims consumed listeria-infected cantaloupe originating in Colorado.

The CDC previously reported four dead and 35 sick on Sept. 19, including two victims in New Mexico, one in Colorado and one in Oklahoma. Latest reports revealed a further three deaths in Colorado and two in New Mexico.

snip

I am so sad. I look forward to the Rocky Ford catalopes every year, but this year we must not indulge. And the poor farmers!

Already sick of it.

Is the election this year? It is going to be a loooooong process. Are we supposed to vote for the one we are less sick of?