Coffee Shop- Open 24/7

Rheo

Bookworm has a video that will make you smile.

And indeed it did ;)

Ok! That will be just enough of this kind of thing!!! Don't you know this is politics, and its serious business?

People start smiling next thing you know they're having fun and we all know happens when people start having fun.....

duck-logo350.jpg

Bookworm has a video that will make you smile.

And indeed it did ;)

Ok! That will be just enough of this kind of thing!!! Don't you know this is politics, and its serious business?

People start smiling next thing you know they're having fun and we all know happens when people start having fun.....

duck-logo350.jpg

Not true-otherwise why would they have invented Attackwatch :lmfao:

In my e-mail today:

Dhimmitude -- What does it mean?

Obama used it in the health care bill. Now isn't this interesting? It is used in the health care law.

Dhimmitude -- I had never heard the word until now. Type it into Google and start reading. Pretty interesting. It's on page 107 of the healthcare bill. I looked this up on Google and yep, it exists.. It is a REAL word.

Word of the Day: Dhimmitude

Dhimmitude is the Muslim system of controlling non-Muslim populations conquered through jihad. Specifically, it is the TAXING of non-Muslims in exchange for tolerating their presence AND as a coercive means of converting conquered remnants to Islam.

ObamaCare allows the establishment of Dhimmitude and Sharia Muslim diktat in the United tates. Muslims are specifically exempted from the government mandate to purchase insurance, and also from the penalty tax for being uninsured. Islam considers insurance to be "gambling", "risk-taking", and "usury" and is thus banned. Muslims are specifically granted exemption based on this.

How convenient.

So I, as a Christian, will have crippling IRS liens placed against all of my assets, including real estate, cattle, and even accounts receivables, and will face hard prison time because I refuse to buy insurance or pay the penalty tax. Meanwhile, Louis Farrakhan will have no such penalty and will have 100% of his health needs paid for by the de facto government insurance. Non-Muslims will be paying a tax to subsidize Muslims. This is Dhimmitude.

I recommend sending this onto your contacts. American citizens need to know about it --

Hmmm. There is a religious exception on page 107 but it doesn't list specific religions. So I'm a bit skeptical of the veracity of that email. It strikes me as one of those things that would make it FAR to easy for the courts to strike the whole thing down. I suspect even our friends on the left would be more circumspect than that.

shoutPollyannaish!

From Pat Dollard:

RWB News: The real question is, which religions qualify for exemption? Its easy to argue that Muslims, Christian Scientists, and the Amish will be recognized, because they have a moral conflict with insurance. However, what argument will Christians be able to make for exemption? Will they be able to claim exemption due to a moral conflict with publicly funded abortions? Not likely.

Original Article By: Liberty & Pride

The new Obamacare legislation that was forced on unwilling Americans this week specifically mandates that we all purchase health insurance. That is, unless you dont believe in that sort of thing. Thats right, the current health care bill contains a clause which exempts certain individuals from the requirements and penalties set forth in it.

EXEMPTIONS FROM INDIVIDUAL RESPONSIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.

In the case of an individual who is seeking an exemption certificate under section 1311(d)(4)(H) from any requirement or penalty imposed by section 5000A, the following information:

In the case of an individual seeking exemption based on the individuals status as a

member of an exempt religious sect or division, as a member of a health care sharing ministry, as an Indian,

or as an individual eligible for a hardship exemption, such information as the Secretary shall prescribe.

Senate Bill, H.R. 3590, pages 273-274

There are several reasons why an individual could claim exemption, being a member of a religion that does not believe in insurance is one of them. Islam is one of those religions. Muslims believe that health insurance is haraam, or forbidden; because they liken the ambiguity and probability of insurance to gambling. This belief excludes them from any of the requirements, mandates, or penalties set forth in the bill. Other excluded groups include Amish, American Indians, and Christian Scientists.

So, is it that easy? Is simply being a member of a recognized religious sect enough to exempt an individual from Obamacare? Not quite…the information provided by each individual must first be verified against the records of the Social Security Administration, and possibly Homeland Security, in order to prove citizenship and religious status. If the records are found to be consistent with the information for the individual applying for exemption, only then are they eligible. If the records are found to inconsistent with such information, the individual applying for exemption is given 90 days to clear up any possible errors with the reporting agencies. That 90 day period can be extended upon the discretion of the Secretary of applicable agencies. If, by the end of this period, the information is still not cleared up, the individual can then apply for an appeal. Whereby exemption can be decided, or reevaluated on a periodic basis, by the individual agencies in question. The appeals process is determined by the individual agencies involved.

In short, each individual applying for exemption must verify that they are citizens and that they are actually members of a recognized religious sect.

If the individual can make it through all of the bureaucracy involved in this process, they can then obtain exemption. Trust me the federal government doesnt want to make it easy for anyone to get out of participating in the system.

The real question is, which religions qualify for exemption? Its easy to argue that Muslims, Christian Scientists, and the Amish will be recognized, because they have a moral conflict with insurance. However, what argument will Christians be able to make for exemption? Will they be able to claim exemption due to a moral conflict with publicly funded abortions? Not likely.

Yes, that is accurate...which religions qualify for exemption and the bill does not say. While theoretically Muslims could be exempted, so could other religions. That is a perfectly reasonable perspective, and a good example of how this administration continues to pick winners and losers in the country based on their donors.

But my complaint is against the original email.

The original as designed to freak people out about Islam in America in a way that is not accurate. There is enough to be upset with in radical Islam that people SHOULD listen too, that I abhor seeing things like this. The effect of emails/articles/perspectives like this is to make conservatives out to be the boys who cried wolf. We MUST be CONSERVATIVE about the way we cry wolf...and only do so when there is clear and present danger.

The health care bill is a monstrosity all on its own. Illegal immigration is a monstrosity all on it own. Radical Islam is a monstrosity all on it own. When the are all linked together on nebulous grounds...the real arguments against each of them grow less compelling, imho. It is actually a huge tactic of the left, but I don't think it will work for the right because it is based in "feelings of outrage" rather than coherent thought and reasoning.

Edited to add: If Muslims buy houses with mortgages, they must pay homeowners insurance. And they are certainly insured to drive cars. So I have a hard time believing that they will be able to wiggle out of this one on the basis that Insurance is gambling. I think the Amish, American Indians and Christians Scientists have better cases. And to be honest, I think Christian Scientists will have a hard time making the case.

shoutPollyannaish!

A couple of points that illustrate why I'll respectfully agree to disagree with you.

Regarding the veracity of the e-mail:

The person that sent me the e-mail is a long time friend that recently retired & shares quite a few of "our" conservative values. She is a mother & grandmother; whose extended family come from South Dakota. Just as people on the West coast differ politically from the East coast.....we here in the center "fly-over country" also have our own parochial political attitudes. I suspect that she is forwarding the e-mail to get my opinion of it; just as I did by posting it at TRR. She's naturally worried about the effects of Obamacare, as well as the rise of militant Islam. I don't know if she blogs, or uses the internet much past communication with friends & family; but since retiring, probably has more time to do those things. I love & respect her, having known her for over 20 years. Are her fears valid, in relation to the "facts" of the e-mail?

Do Muslims around the world practice dhimmitude, as the e-mail states? Yes, they do.....and have done so for 10 or more centuries. Our first contacts with Islam, as a new nation; was with Barbary coast pirates....plying a facet of their jihad that could be considered, as the Barbary pirates themselves stated at the time, " ....a tax for sailing these waters..." Sound like Somali pirates, today?

Let's examine some of the "facts" of the e-mail:

Dhimmitude exists today, and has for a very long time.

Dhimmitude -- I had never heard the word until now. Type it into Google and start reading. Pretty interesting. It's on page 107 of the healthcare bill. I looked this up on Google and yep, it exists.. It is a REAL word.

Word of the Day: Dhimmitude

Dhimmitude is the Muslim system of controlling non-Muslim populations conquered through jihad. Specifically, it is the TAXING of non-Muslims in exchange for tolerating their presence AND as a coercive means of converting conquered remnants to Islam.

ObamaCare allows the establishment of Dhimmitude and Sharia Muslim diktat in the United tates. Muslims are specifically exempted from the government mandate to purchase insurance, and also from the penalty tax for being uninsured. Islam considers insurance to be "gambling", "risk-taking", and "usury" and is thus banned.

All the above are facts that are true. Some unmentioned, and non-politically correct things that must also be considered: Lack of a vigorous & unbiased media, special considerations given to Muslims that fly in the face of a government policy of separation of church & state [in Colorado: foot washing stations in schools & work areas & mandated time for prayers 5 times daily], the vigorous legal battle over anti-sharia laws in the US [why would they care about anti-sharia laws, if they are US citizens following the Constitution & had no agenda to "change" it to represent their religious idealogy?]....and also the nepotism & fawning patronage of Islam, in the present White House & throughout the Department of State; while Christians & Jews [which a majority of our country has as their tradition] have been ignored, disrespected or marginalized. In appearance, it's the old adage from George Orwell, that Muslims in this country & world-wide; [while under this administration] are, "....more equal than others."

I disagree with you on this point:

The effect of emails/articles/perspectives like this is to make conservatives out to be the boys who cried wolf. We MUST be CONSERVATIVE about the way we cry wolf...and only do so when there is clear and present danger.

These are real & serious threats to America & it's Republic. Slow "death by degree" is more insiduous than a full frontal assault. [Remember how a frog will hop right out of boiling water, but will become stew, if he's allowed to bathe, until the water reaches the boiling point?] There has seldom been a time when vigilance, and intransigence was more necessary. Firm resolve, and not apathetic obeisance. I firmly believe this is NOT the time for being CONSERVATIVE about the way we "cry wolf." I don't think we need to discriminate, but we have to be clear about equality for all...and only under our Republic's constitutional system of government......no favors to some.....no "Chicago pay-for-play".....no reparations for perceived or ancient transgressions.

I think I saw some "Snopes" in your argument, so allow me to post some "Jihad Watch:"

"Dhimmitude is the status that Islamic law, the Sharia, mandates for non-Muslims, primarily Jews and Christians. Dhimmis, "protected people," are free to practice their religion in a Sharia regime, but are made subject to a number of humiliating regulations designed to enforce the Qur'an's command that they "feel themselves subdued" (Sura 9:29). This denial of equality of rights and dignity remains part of the Sharia, and, as such, are part of the legal superstructure that global jihadists are laboring to restore everywhere in the Islamic world, and wish ultimately to impose on the entire human race.

If dhimmis complained about their inferior status, institutionalized humiliation, or poverty, their masters voided their contract and regarded them as enemies of Islam, fair game as objects of violence. Consequently, dhimmis were generally cowed into silence and worse. It was almost unheard-of to find dhimmis speaking out against their oppressors; to do so would have been suicide. For centuries dhimmi communities in the Islamic world learned to live in peace with their Muslim overlords by acquiescing to their subservience. Some even actively identified with the dominant class, and became strenuous advocates for it.

Spearheaded by dhimmi academics and self-serving advocacy groups, that same attitude of chastened subservience has entered into Western academic study of Islam, and from there into journalism, school textbooks, and the popular discourse. One must not point out the depredations of jihad and dhimmitude; to do so would offend the multiculturalist ethos that prevails everywhere today. To do so would endanger chances for peace and rapprochement between civilizations all too ready to clash.

But in this era of global terrorism it must be said: this silence, this distortion, has become deadly. Before 9/11 it was easy to ignore and whitewash dhimmitude, but the atrocities changed the situation forever. In jihads throughout history, untold millions have died. Tens of millions have been uprooted from their homes. Tens of millions have been stripped of their cultural identity. To continue to gloss over the destruction wrought by jihad ideology and its attendant evil of dhimmitude is today to play into the hands of jihadists, who have repeatedly vowed to dhimmify the West and destroy any recalcitrant elements. While jihadist groups, even with their global diffusion, are not strong enough to realize this goal by themselves, they have a potent and destructive ally, a genuine fifth column, in the dhimmi academics and dhimmi journalists they have recruited in the West. They have succeeded in confusing millions in the West into mistaking honesty and truthfulness for bigotry, and self-defense for oppression."

As always, I appreciate your perspective, and agree with you on many of your points. Thanks for your lucid arguments.

righteousmomma
Yes, that is accurate...which religions qualify for exemption and the bill does not say. While theoretically Muslims could be exempted, so could other religions. That is a perfectly reasonable perspective, and a good example of how this administration continues to pick winners and losers in the country based on their donors.

So we Christians will be forced to take the mark of the beast because we would have to deny our Faith and turn to one of the exempted religions otherwise. :unsure:

righteousmomma

I had not been to Hillbuzz in a while.

So some trivia:

Kevin DuJan is still back and still rooting for Sarah Palin. He is hoping and thinking she will get in the race. According to him she turned down $10 million to do her Sarah in Alaska show again this year

He does not like Romney and does not seem to like Perry much.

A blogger there posted with pictures:

I am currently visiting family in Seoul, South Korea. While we were out today I saw an ad for the 12th World Knowledge Forum, with Sarah Palin’s picture very prominently displayed near where we were exiting the subway on our way to an attraction. I took some pictures while we were waiting and did some web based research back at the apartment. According to the World Knowledge Forum’s website, it is “Asia’s prestigious business forum” and serves “as the knowledge Olympics.” Based on the schedule, it looks like Governor Palin will be giving an hour long speech on October 11 (look under “Presentations”).

and finally

:

By now, anyone with half a brain should realize that our White House is full of arrogant, Ivy League criminals who are using our tax dollars to line their own greedy pockets. I plan to highlight these smug gangsters every few days here on Hillbuzz, with the help of artist Jared McAndersen of The Looking Spoon.

I’ll start with our first Smug Shot: Steve Spinner.

Read more http://hillbuzz.org/

Spinner now works for a Soros enterprise and Attack watch is somehow a Soros enterprise funded deal - Media Watch.

Well, I am up to date on the news so enjoy your coffee and have a donut with it.

You can't make this stuff up...

From The Hill:

CBC Chairman Cleaver: If Obama wasn't president, we would be ‘marching on the White House’

Editorial comment from the grammar Nazi: Shouldn't this read "If Obama weren't President..." (hypothetical condition contrary to fact... and capitalize President)

The Hill

Or does it mean that since he's only a Half-Black-American (a double hyphenator)... that he should only be halfway marching... or maybe taking two steps forward and one step back? :blink:

From Drudge today...

Looks like his "boy" has the right idea.

He's keeping the umbrella over his own head and letting Goofus deal with the elements.

I guess having a manservant ain't all it's cracked up to be. :lmfao:

2011-09-09T162028Z_01_WHT204_RTRIDSP_3_OBAMA.jpg

Saw this somewhere yesterday:

A white man, a black man, a Muslim, a Christian and a communist all walk into a bar.

The bartender says," President Obama! What'll you have?"

Tulsa news is full of stories about how this Solnndora bussiness has almost ruined Kaiser financially, moaning and groaning he might not recover.

Tony Bennett is just an aging liberal nitwit

Bill Whittle at Beverly Hills Tea Party

Bill Whittle spoke the other day at the Beverly Hills Tea Party and I must say it was excellent. When he began he said that his job was to scare us to death and then explain why he has so much hope for us overcoming the big problems we face. I’m not sure he succeeded on the former, but definitely the latter.

(Snip)

Do yourself a favor

Bill Whittle at Beverly Hills Tea Party

Bill Whittle spoke the other day at the Beverly Hills Tea Party and I must say it was excellent. When he began he said that his job was to scare us to death and then explain why he has so much hope for us overcoming the big problems we face. I’m not sure he succeeded on the former, but definitely the latter.

(Snip)

Do yourself a favor

I did myself a favor and I'm glad. Then I had to find out who Bill Whittle is. Thank you, shoutValin.

Join us at the coffee shop tomorrow for the debate.

September 22nd, 2011 9pm ET on Fox News – Submit Questions

Sponsor: Fox News, Google and Florida Republican Party

Participants: Perry, Bachmann, Romney, Paul, Gingrich, Cain, Santorum, Huntsman, Johnson

thanks for the reminder, but could you please remind us again, some of us can't retain the thought long enough to remember, would appreciate it. I notice Johnson is on this time, want to see him.