Coffee Shop- Open 24/7

Rheo

gallery_8_6_9273.jpg

Join us daily to chat about news, post snippets, video's, what you heard on tv or at the grocery store.

This is a no host thread so wash your cups when you are done and have a great day. ;)

Previous Thread

WestVirginiaRebel

Good parent, bad kid:

The Incredible Shrinking President:

Last night Obama was in New York for a fund-raiser. At that event he elaborated on the "you deserve better" theme: "What was remarkable was to see outside of Washington the enthusiasm, the energy, the hopefulness, the decency of the American people. And what I said to them is you deserve better. You deserve better than you've been getting out of Washington over the last 2½ months--for that matter, for the last 2½ years."

For the last 2½ years. Is that not as explicit an acknowledgment of failure as has ever been heard from a sitting president?

Why the puck is Fox showing last night's debate AGAIN??? This is like the fourth time.

Because they are obviously very proud of themselves. :rolleyes:

The Daily Outrage: Because drunk monkeys must be understood

By: Commentary Writer | 08/13/11 8:05 PM

WHO: National Institute on Drug Abuse

WHAT: Spent more than $3.6 million on research projects involving persuading monkeys to drink booze and take drugs including PCP, cocaine and heroin.

WHY IT'S AN OUTRAGE: The purpose of the research was to study how monkeys reacted to alcohol and drugs, including during different phases of the female monkeys' menstrual cycles. So next time you want to get your monkey high ...

WHERE TO VENT: Call NIDA's press office at 301-443-6245.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/daily-outrage/2011/08/daily-outrage-because-drunk-monkeys-must-be-understood

Just when it looked like the GOP Presidential field was finally taking shape, there is speculation that another big name may be joining the fray.

Stephen Hayes reports in the WEEKLY STANDARD that Congressman Paul Ryan, R-Wis., is "strongly considering a run for president," and has been quietly meeting with political strategists over the past three months to discuss a possible White House bid. Hayes also writes that Ryan is presently on vacation in Colorado where he is discussing the subject with his family.

The House Budget Committee Chairman's Press Secretary Kevin Seifert tells Fox News: "While grateful for the continued support and encouragement, Congressman Ryan has not changed his mind."

Monday night, Fox News Contributor Karl Rove was on FOX News with Sean Hannity and said of the Republican 2012 field, "I think (New Jersey Governor) Chris Christie and Paul Ryan are going to look at it again ... I'm starting to pick up some sort of vibrations that ... Christie and Ryan [are telling] the people who are calling them, 'You know what, I owe it to you, I'll take a look at it.'"snip

Paul Ryan for President in 2012?

*Chuckle* If you read the original story, it took the wizards at CBS a considerable time to figure out the reference to Gen McAuliffe's famous retort to the German couriers who came bearing their Waffen SS General's demand that he surrender his surrounded troops at the French city of Bastogne.

McAuliffe: Tell him "NUTS!"

When the German couriers expressed uncertainty about the meaning of the phrase, an American officer added "Tell them it means 'Go to Hell!'"

WestVirginiaRebel

Obama Dismisses Farmer's Concerns About Regulations: 'Don't Always Believe What You Hear'

During a town hall meeting at Wyffels Hybrids in Atkinson, Illinois, a farmer expressed concern to President Obama about forthcoming regulations. The man stated that people would rather be farming than "filling out forms and permits to do what we like to do." President Obama told the farmer "don't always believe what you hear" and blamed Washington for ginning up speculation. Obama added that, "Nobody is more interested in seeing our agricultural sector successful than I am, partly because I come from a farm state."

obamafarmerinchief.jpeg

:rolleyes:

A Marine colonel on his way home from work at the Pentagon came to a dead halt in traffic . . .

. . . and thought to himself, "Wow, this traffic seems worse than usual. Nothing's even moving." He notices a police officer walking back and forth between the lines of cars, so he rolls down his window and asks, "Officer, what's the holdup?"

The Officer replies, "The President is just so depressed about the thought of moving with Michelle to Kenya, that he stopped his motorcade in the middle of the Beltway and he's threatening to douse himself in gasoline and set himself on fire. He says his family hates him and he doesn't have the money to pay for the new house. I'm walking around taking up a collection for him."

"Oh really? How much have you collected so far?"

"So far about three hundred gallons, but a lot of folks are still siphoning."

Al Sharpton finally does something useful.

You can't believe anything Breitbart has! It's a well known fact that he is a racist/sexist/homophobe/Islamiphobe/ultra radical tea party extremest, who is extremely extreme in his extremist extremeness.

Al Sharpton finally does something useful.

You can't believe anything Breitbart has! It's a well known fact that he is a racist/sexist/homophobe/Islamiphobe/ultra radical tea party extremest, who is extremely extreme in his extremist extremeness.

:lol: My first good laugh of the morning. Thank you, shoutValin.

Is sex work??

An RAF Group Captain was about to start the morning briefing to his staff. While waiting for the coffee machine to finish its brewing, the Group Captain decided to pose a question to all assembled.

He explained that his wife had been a bit frisky the night before and he failed to get his usual amount of sound sleep. He posed the question of just how much of sex was "work" and how much of it was "pleasure?"

A Wing Commander chimed in with 75-25% in favour of work.

A Squadron Leader said it was 50-50%.

A Flight Lieutenant responded with 25-75% in favour of pleasure, depending upon his state of inebriation at the time.

There being no consensus, the Group Captain turned to the Corporal who was in charge of making the coffee. What was his opinion?

Without any hesitation, the young Corporal responded, "Sir, it has to be 100% pleasure."

The Group Captain was surprised and, as you might guess, asked why?

"Well, sir, if there was any work involved, the officers would have me doing it for them."

The room fell silent.

H/T:TheoSpark