Coffee Shop- Open 24/7

Rheo

saveliberty

UK Daily Mail

'I wanted to project a sense of calm': President Bush explains his blank face when he was told about the 9/11 attacks

By Rachel Quigley

Last updated at 4:09 PM on 29th July 2011

snip

It wasn't his reaction when he first learned of the 9/11 terror attacks but his lack of one that sparked a flurry of accusations and criticism.

But George W. Bush has finally given an explanation as to why he seemed to have no response when initially told about one of the greatest tragedies in American history - he was trying to project a sense of calm.

In a rare interview about the attacks, the former president told the National Geographic Channel what was going through his mind when he was informed that a second passenger jet had hit New York’s World Trade Center.

article-0-0D373A9B00000578-163_468x413.jpg

'I wanted to project a sense of calm': President Bush explains his blank face when he was told about the 9/11 attacks

snip

'What surprised me most was his willingness to speak openly, candidly and personally about the events of that day.

'There were no requests for questions beforehand, no editorial say from the president or his office.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2020215/President-Bush-explains-blank-face-told-9-11-attacks.html#ixzz1TaREBmNL

Edited by saveliberty

righteousmomma

Excellent, Save. W has talked about all this on camera before - several times - but nobody in the media watched or listened apparently. Only us who love him as a person and/or understand him as a "transformed" true believer.

I will watch for it in the future on the Nat'l Geo cable.

saveliberty

Excellent, Save. W has talked about all this on camera before - several times - but nobody in the media watched or listened apparently. Only us who love him as a person and/or understand him as a "transformed" true believer.

I will watch for it in the future on the Nat'l Geo cable.

Thank you, Righteousmomma!

righteousmomma

Save,

What I do take exception with is not being open and honest about what you are doing. That's what I saw with Senator DeMint and I am sorry for letting my temper flare. I respect John Boehner. I don't need to agree with him all of the time, but I believe that he is honestly working to prevent a downgrade of the credit rating, which is the real and immediate issue. If Senator DeMint had open and honest meetings with John Boehner to speak up and to tell him what he was going to do by contacting Tea Party members, I was not aware.

Imagine a reversal: what if Senator DeMint had sponsored legislation in the Senate and what if Paul Ryan contacted R members in the Senate secretly to undermine his work? I love Paul Ryan and I think that if he had issue, you would see it on the House floor, but in a hypothetical situation where an imaginary Paul Ryan would do that, that would be deeply wrong. Or replace Paul Ryan with John Boehner. I think that Boehner would respect limits - he approaches the Senate openly and also talks to the leaders. I don't believe that he undercuts anyone.

Save, i have no idea whether DeMint talked with Boehner or not but Boehner called Rush's show twice in the last 2 weeks to explain himself and his reasoning. You can read it all at www.rushlimbaugh.com

As far as "tempers flaring" I say "YOU GO GIRL!!" Good to see some passion! Sometimes all this makes me too depressed to even get angry -- especially when I hear so much conflicting information and assumptions in the media.

saveliberty

Righteousmomma! Thank you and I agree completely about depressing news and conflicting information.

saveliberty

The Senate may vote on Reid's new plan at 1am. Right now there is a Senate Quorum call.

The issue is that Scott Brown has said that he would vote for Boehner's plan and Reid's. :rolleyes:

Add to the mix votes from Olympia Snowe, Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski.

We don't know how Joe Manchin will vote. He was leaning no, and as of yesterday, reports had him wondering aloud when President Obama would contact him as it hadn't happened yet.

Now Senator Jeff Sessions is on the floor.

saveliberty

Hot Air

Boehner, McConnell say deal may be on the way

posted at 5:44 pm on July 30, 2011 by Ed Morrissey

printer-friendly

snip

National Journal reports on this ray of (limited) sunshine after a case of dueling chambers killed off the only two proposals on the table to the debt-ceiling impasse. John Boehner and Mitch McConnell told reporters that talks on a compromise have suddenly improved, mainly because the “right people” have come to the table and have started taking things seriously. Want to guess who the “right people” are — or more precisely, is?

Immediately after the House rejected a Democratic proposal for raising the debt ceiling, House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., appeared before reporters to say they are in negotiations with President Obama and that a deal will be reached before a critical Aug. 2 deadline.

righteousmomma

UNREAL. WHAT A STUPID SCARY generation that has been created.

I hope she did send the tape to Congress, to the WH to Governors.

UNREAL. WHAT A STUPID SCARY generation that has been created.

I hope she did send the tape to Congress, to the WH to Governors.

Ditto to that, righteousmommashout. I wish Judge Judy would make a compilation of episodes of her cases and send them all to Congress. But this one in particular just leaves me shaking my head.

SrWoodchuck

It's never too early to campaign......from the Obama-"Sorry I abused you, but you still love me" tack:

Obama-Scrub-550x726.jpg

H/T:WeazelZippers