Coffee Shop- Open 24/7

Rheo

pollyannaish

Breaking: Paul Ryan Won’t Run

August 22, 2011 3:00 P.M.

By Daniel Foster

After a week of rumors that he was consulting with advisers and family members on a possible presidential run, we have learned from the Ryan camp that the House Budget Committee chair has decided not to throw his hat into the ring.

More details soon from Bob Costa.

UPDATE: Here’s the Ryan statement:

“I sincerely appreciate the support from those eager to chart a brighter future for the next generation. While humbled by the encouragement, I have not changed my mind, and therefore I am not seeking our party’s nomination for President. I remain hopeful that our party will nominate a candidate committed to a pro-growth agenda of reform that restores the promise and prosperity of our exceptional nation. I remain grateful to those I serve in Southern Wisconsin for the unique opportunity to advance this effort in Congress.”

(Source)

Very good. I think Ryan needs to cook a little longer and add some executive experience to his resume. Once he does that I think he has a phenomenal future as the leader of our country. Ryan/Rubio 2024

Latest is looking worse, not so much along the coast now, but higher intensity and NC getting hit with the worst winds on right side.

at201109_5day.gif

First quake I have felt since Japan. Wasn't much of a shake, but a first for me in Delaware. Hmmm, never happened when Bush was president.

Packers Vs Obama

The world champion Packers I might add.

After the Packers vs. Bills game, Buffalo released quarterback Trent Edwards. During the Packers v. Eagles game, the Packers injured Philadelphia quarterback Kevin Kolb. Philadelphia then had to play backup quarterback Michael Vick. During a playoff game against the Eagles, the Packers injured Michael Vick and another backup was needed. After the Packers v. Cowboys game, Dallas fired Wade Phillips. After the Packers v. Vikings game, Minnesota fired Brad Childress. Four weeks after losing to the Packers, the 49er's coach, Mike Singletary, was fired and replaced. During the Bears playoff game, the Packers injured Jay Cutler and backup Todd Collins forcing the Bears to go with 3rd string quarterback Caleb Hanie.

Question: Is it just me, or did the Packers create more jobs than Obama last year?

shoutGeee shoutMozart Lover

Obama Administration Weighs Mortgage Refinance Plan

snip

The refinancing idea drew some early criticism Thursday from Americans for Limited Government, which claimed the move would only encourage the pattern of reckless borrowing that triggered the housing bubble in the first place.

"The whole reason the crisis began was because cheap loans were provided to those with poor credit. Now, the Obama administration wants to return to this failed policy to prop up his sagging re-election prospects by directing the money to favored constituencies that took out loans which could not be repaid," ALG President Bill Wilson said in a statement. "This is nothing more than an $85 billion Obama-Re-elect slush fund." snip

WSJ

Obamanonics vs. Reaganomics

One program for recovery worked, and the other hasn't.

By STEPHEN MOORE

snip

If you really want to light the fuse of a liberal Democrat, compare Barack Obama's economic performance after 30 months in office with that of Ronald Reagan. It's not at all flattering for Mr. Obama.

The two presidents have a lot in common. Both inherited an American economy in collapse. And both applied daring, expensive remedies. Mr. Reagan passed the biggest tax cut ever, combined with an agenda of deregulation, monetary restraint and spending controls. Mr. Obama, of course, has given us a $1 trillion spending stimulus.

shoutPepper!

In the words of that famous lecher President, "He'll feel your pain?"

UNLIKELY: Already the 33rd Massage Division has been mobilized for Moo, they have installed a new 10,000 gallon GreyGoose Vodka tank & reworked the champagne fountain in the White House bunker; along with 16 tons of dried Wagyu beef jerky and the styrofoam containers for the fresh oysters are being double-tasked as flotation devices.

"Shared sacrifice"................for the Obama's it's not just an incongruity!

shoutNCTexan

"and will again be the smallest man in the situation room...

... even not excluding Hillary."

In more ways than one!

SrWoodChuck! Who's tending to the massages for La Flotus?

shoutPepper!

That would be the 33rd Massage Division- a crack division of hunky masseurs....and all ethnic! You can get in only if you have Roman hands, or Russian fingers. Moo keeps them ever ready, as part of her entourage & a separate plane is dispatched for emergency palpitations......cost be damned.

I am having a sickening feeling that living in a mobile home is not the best thing to be doing today. Hoping power is the only thing lost.

Irene

pollyannaish

I am having a sickening feeling that living in a mobile home is not the best thing to be doing today. Hoping power is the only thing lost.

Irene

Hang in there! Prayers and thoughts for it only losing power and that the storm ends up being less brutal than initially suspected.

Irene

Hang in there! Prayers and thoughts for it only losing power and that the storm ends up being less brutal than initially suspected.

Just lost power.