Coffee Shop-Open 24/7

Rheo

gallery_8_6_9273.jpg

Join us daily to chat about news, post snippets, video's, what you heard on tv or at the grocery store.

This is a no host thread so wash your cups when you are done and have a great day. ;)

Previous Thread

Facial recognition software could reveal your social security number

snipIn the third experiment, the researchers used the technology to predict personal interests and identify students, including some social security numbers, with only a photo of their face to start. Social security numbers, Acquisti pointed out in 2009, are a security flaw as they can be predicted if you know the person’s hometown and date of birth. This new technology uses that information and in many cases can determine a person’s social security number. In this experiment, the researchers looked at Carnegie Mellon University students and those who had a date of birth and hometown displayed on their social media account page.snip

SrWoodchuck

Chart o' the Day: The Debt Ceiling Deal Crap Sandwich

From DougRoss@Journal

The federal government must now borrow about $125 million an hour -- 24 hours a day, seven days a week -- to fund its out-of-control spending. And the vaunted "debt ceiling deal", despite Democrat claims that it "slashed" discretionary spending, actually cut only $7 billion from the bloated, cellulite-ridden federal bureaucracy.

How much is $7 billion in the grand scheme of things?

Hint: It's the barely seen light blue in the pie.

The green segment represents the $2,627 billion in anticipated federal revenue for 2012. The red represents the amount of money the government spends that must be borrowed from suckers investors. And the blue depicts the amount of the vast, slashing cuts to discretionary spending.

110803-debt-pie-010.gif

WestVirginiaRebel

Obama: "We're Not Even Halfway There Yet"

"It's been a long, tough journey. But we have made some incredible strides together. Yes, we have. But the thing that we all ought to remember is that as much as good as we have done, precisely because the challenges were so daunting, precisely because we we were inheriting so many challenges, that we're not even halfway there yet. When I said 'change we can believe in' I didn't say 'change we could believe in tomorrow.' Not change we can believe in next week. We knew this was going to take time because we've got this big, messy, tough democracy," President Obama said at a campaign fundraiser in Chicago on Wednesday night.

Bald Eagle lands on Gravestone at U.S.Military Cemetery

Posted on July 25, 2011 by truthhaschanged

CemeteryEagle.jpg

Frank Glick, an amateur photographer, captured this amazing image at Fort Snelling National Cemetery in Minnesota. He thought that the family of the veteran buried at that gravestone might like to have a copy, and did some research on Sgt. Maurice Ruch.

Ruch, a veteran of World War II, was a US Army marksman who served in the Aleutian Islands and earned a Bronze Star. Then he went home, became an engineer and got married. John Tevlin of the Star Tribute spoke with Ruch’s widow, Vivian, and best friend, Jack Kiefner:

I told Vivian that some cultures believe the eagle is a symbol, not only of patriotism and dignity, but a messenger between heaven and earth. She nodded solemnly.

“I’d say the eagle had a very good eye when he landed on Maurie, and he was respected,” she said.

“I miss him,” said Vivian as she picked up the photo. “He was a good man and a good provider.”

“The eagle couldn’t have picked a better person,” said Kiefner

clearvision

Driving thru New Mexico past few days and just about every highway and city has "recovery act" signs and projects up. Mostly repaving,but two towns had street lights just put in about every 200ft. No major business or housing, but new sidewalk and streetlights. NM seems to have done well in collecting Obama money.

U.S. loses AAA credit rating from S&P

(Reuters) - The United States lost its top-notch AAA credit rating from Standard & Poor's on Friday, in a dramatic reversal of fortune for the world's largest economy.

S&P cut the long-term U.S. credit rating by one notch to AA-plus on concerns about growing budget deficits.

U.S. Treasuries, once undisputedly seen as the safest investment in the world, are now rated lower than bonds issued by countries such as the UK, Germany, France or Canada.

The outlook on the new U.S. credit rating is negative, S&P said in a statement, a sign that another downgrade is possible in the next 12 to 18 months.

(Source)

pollyannaish

Just spend the last hour or so getting caught up on the news of the last few weeks.

Wow. I think I need an antidepressant. :unsure:

SrWoodchuck

I think that this youtube was posted here before...[maybe even by me-my memory isn't as photographic anymore]....but it's time to re-visit it. Steve Bridges used to do "43" to a "T" and is very good as Obumble.....but Obumble is deeply offended by the accuracy of the portrayal.....so it makes it that much better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m5LNn2gh8k&feature=player_embedded

SrWoodchuck

I like Bill Whittle. He seldom gets lit up, but I think he's torqued here. A very valid video:

H/T:iOTW.com