Coffee Shop-Open 24/7

Rheo

If I had to vote today, it would be a Newt/Cain ticket.

Cain/Newt

Newt/Cain, only because Newt is better at verbal communication. Their political philosophy is close enough to not matter.

WestVirginiaRebel

Also, Newt is the one with more experience IMO. After his display with Bachmann, I think T-Paw's chances are a lot harder now.

If I had to vote today, it would be a Newt/Cain ticket.

Cain/Newt

Newt/Cain, only because Newt is better at verbal communication. Their political philosophy is close enough to not matter.

I'm not sure Newt could win this. The team would be good. Anyone on that stage tonight would be good in the administration.

Have not picked a winner yet this far out. I will say this is the best year of debates so far in my few years of watching them.

Also, Newt is the one with more experience IMO. After his display with Bachmann, I think T-Paw's chances are a lot harder now.

He does have the experience to know his way around the political field and get things done. That also concerns me as he is a career politician. He and Cain, with real world experience...could be a good fit. Still going Cain/Newt in that lineup. ;)

I was disappointed that T took that route, and in her responses. Hopefully, they will knock it off in the coming debates and forge a team of conservatives that care about this country. They could be a good fit. Pawlenty/Bachmann

Romney, I liked him tonight. Will be interested to see him debate w/Perry.

As I live in Texas, one would think I had heard Perry give a speech before. Nope. Heard him on our road trip and thought that it was George Bush. To me, that is a good thing...to others in the country that still suffer that mental disease of Bush hatred/scapegoating/etc....not so sure how it will play. Looking forward to all the new candidates for 2012.

They all stand above President Obama. In experience, love of country and constitution.

T-paw looked like staged idiot trying to bring Bachmann down rather than separating himself from the pack, but then her responses looked like a 15 second satellite link delay with a smile rather than getting some attitude and emotion. They both crashed and burned in the scope of this speech.

Cain looked great for his 35 allocated seconds of air-time. Hey, if you don't trash the other candidates, the media has no business with you.

Newt and Mitt looked like politicians. I heard exactly what I needed to hear, very adeptly, and wouldn't trust either of them to cover my paper route.

Ron Paul ... I love his constitutional conservatism. I think stepping back to this mindframe would be fantastic, but there's no way in nine screaming hells this would happen other than a new revolution. I think it's quite sad for us as a country that he sounded "insane" up against the other candidates tonight. He had lots of cheers from people that understand his position, but he didn't sell anyone tonight. He's not a presidential speaker.

Huntsman ... I'm not sure he was actually there.

My early prediction ... Mitt/Cain 2012

I will be running for president...and your response. :lol:

surprise.gif

I ignored the graphic.......RHEO FOR PRESIDENT 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my opinion, Newt put on the best performance. He answered every question directly and decisively, he forcefully defended himself when challenged, but without rancor. He did not attack any of his opponents directly or philosophically, but laid points directly in the "o"'s lap. He did all of it with class.

Cain did almost as well, he is just simply not a very good speaker. Erudition is important in this level of politics and Cain just can't compete in that regard.

For these reasons, and actually in contention with my opinions prior to tonight's debate, I still stand by my pick of Newt/Cain for the dream ticket.

Tpaw blew it.......he entered the debate competing with Bauchman, and made an ass of himself in pursuing that line. Michelle, unfortunately, was left defending herself instead of advancing any agenda for herself.

The rest were good, but not exemplary. Any would make a better pair than "o"/Joe, but I stick with my choice of Newt/Cain.

In my opinion, Newt put on the best performance. He answered every question directly and decisively, he forcefully defended himself when challenged, but without rancor. He did not attack any of his opponents directly or philosophically, but laid points directly in the "o"'s lap. He did all of it with class.

Agree the Good Newt showed up. The problem is we all know the Bad Newt is lurking in the shadows ready to jump out.

I also think it was a valid question to ask him why so many of his senior staff left.

Agree the Good Newt showed up. The problem is we all know the Bad Newt is lurking in the shadows ready to jump out.

I also think it was a valid question to ask him why so many of his senior staff left.

He knew they were going to ask it and had his answer all ready in his back pocket.

At first I did not think it was too bad to rebuke Wallace after the previous gotcha question to Romney, but when he kept it up for other questions I thought he carried it too far. It was like he was using it as an excuse not to answer.

pollyannaish

I'll be honest. In the clips I saw, they all seemed small and unpresidential. Including Mitt who has the most experience. Too cool.

Please, God, can we have another option? gallery_84_4_813.gif