State of the Union -- Live Thread

clearvision

Enjoy this happy happy date night, as tomorrow, the knives come back out.

Did you watch the series, Rome? Remember that scene that started out with the Senators being all cozy?

Enjoy this happy happy date night, as tomorrow, the knivesfeathers come back out.

OMG-Boehner just kissed Bite Me and their dancing :P

It’s no secret that those of us here tonight have had our differences over the last two years. The debates have been contentious; we have fought fiercely for our beliefs. And that’s a good thing. That’s what a robust democracy demands. That’s what helps set us apart as a nation.

But there’s a reason the tragedy in Tucson gave us pause. Amid all the noise and passions and rancor of our public debate, Tucson reminded us that no matter who we are or where we come from, each of us is a part of something greater – something more consequential than party or political preference.

We are part of the American family. We believe that in a country where every race and faith and point of view can be found, we are still bound together as one people; that we share common hopes and a common creed; that the dreams of a little girl in Tucson are not so different than those of our own children, and that they all deserve the chance to be fulfilled.

That, too, is what sets us apart as a nation.

Now, by itself, this simple recognition won’t usher in a new era of cooperation. What comes of this moment is up to us. What comes of this moment will be determined not by whether we can sit together tonight, but whether we can work together tomorrow.

Yeah, and you won't.

Whole chamber stands.

Hey Rheo is just clipping and pasting from the speech.... certainly he is not just going to read it....

Her typing skills seem amazing! ;)

Ha. So far, he is reading it word for word.

It really bugs my britches that he stands up there giving this glory speech and then will turn around tomorrow and be a partisan hack.

Mixed seating -- ala date night --- dilutes the potential for showing objection.

This was a lib ploy & they were again successful

:angry:

The date night seating wouldn't really matter with this fantasy speech he is giving. Hell, I'd clap too. It means about as much as my views do. :D

It really bugs my britches that he stands up there giving this glory speech and then will turn around tomorrow and be a partisan hack.

An he'll high five Michelle as he leaves the room tonight.

So far saying how bad we are and that we are falling behind.... because of education, education, education....

wait for it.... more money for education

So far saying how bad we are and that we are falling behind.... because of education, education, education....

wait for it.... more money for education

We DON'T call it money-it's an INVESTMENT :P