State of the Union -- Live Thread

clearvision

freddoso freddoso

Schumer calls for tighter gun laws on Hardball.

didn't see that coming. :rolleyes:

Oh, Schumer. Such a nimnal. Where was he when original thought was passed out?

freddoso freddoso

Schumer calls for tighter gun laws on Hardball.

didn't see that coming. :rolleyes:

Oh, Schumer. Such a nimnal. Where was he when original thought was passed out?

Looking for a camera.

Whoa nelly, the man is serious now....

This freeze will require painful cuts. Already, we have frozen the salaries of hardworking federal employees for the next two years. I’ve proposed cuts to things I care deeply about, like community action programs.

Still, I’m willing to look at other ideas to bring down costs, including one that Republicans suggested last year: medical malpractice reform to rein in frivolous lawsuits.

"Get rid of loopholes...use the savings to lower the corporate tax rate for the first time in 25 years – without adding to our deficit."

First, props to all you deranged people who are going to watch this thing! Are you CRAZY?! (Nevermind, that's rhetorical.)

But there are already three pages to this thing. Wow! (I may or may not be back depending on how many heavy but tossable objects there are near our tv.)

First, props to all you deranged people who are going to watch this thing! Are you CRAZY?! (Nevermind, that's rhetorical.)

But there are already three pages to this thing. Wow! (I may or may not be back depending on how many heavy but tossable objects there are near our tv.)

5 pages missy. I've avoided all house work today. Yay for proms!

By 8:15 PM I plan on being in bed. 3:30AM comes very early.

GOP shoots down Democratic plan to change Senate rules

snip

Republicans, for the most part, did not participate in the debate until the very end, when Alexander objected to the unanimous-consent request. Members of leadership in the chamber, including Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (D-Ky.), have said that Democrats' attempt to change the rule is “a power grab.”

:)

NRO

On Wednesday morning, Boehner and Democratic Senator Joe Lieberman will hold a press conference to introduce the reauthorization of the school-choice legislation. To give an idea of prioritization: This is the only bill the Speaker currently plans to sponsor himself this session.

Here’s the (exclusive to NRO) list of the students, parents, and teachers who will be sitting in the Speaker’s box Tuesday night (they are all involved with the Consortium of Catholic Academies, which John Boehner has been a longtime supporter of):snip

By 8:15 PM I plan on being in bed. 3:30AM comes very early.

Sweet dreams. From the looks of the length of this speech, he could still be talking!

Excerpts from the President’s State of the Union Address

snip

This is our generation’s Sputnik moment.

NRO

As I recall, Sputnick brought New Math to our generation. Major fail!

Personally, I voted for major insurmountable gridlock in the last election.

How rude on the first date.

HeyTammyBruce Tammy Bruce

This will be the first time Smart Phones will be allowed on the floor during SOTU--so look for Member tweets