State of the Union -- Live Thread

clearvision

Thanks to all for a busy live thread!! ...Special thanks to Rheo for being able to quickly post portions of Obama's reading.

I watched the 15 minutes of Hannity where the Luntz focus group in Atlanta was truly not inclined to believe the BS that Obama had read from TOTUS. Thirteen of the group had voted for Obama but only 6 would say they would vote for him again and only a few of that 6 thought he had done a good job as president and in the reading last night.

Now a little after 0030 Wed. and I'm on CNN (replay) where they are about to show M. Bachmann's reply from the TEA Party Express site.

Night all!!

First, props to all you deranged people who are going to watch this thing! Are you CRAZY?! (Nevermind, that's rhetorical.)

By 8:15 PM I plan on being in bed. 3:30AM comes very early.

I'll bite...

What do you plan to be doing at 3:30?

Can we watch??

LOL.. funny lady.. but wait.. I want to know too Valin!

You know you big elected officials are in the public eye like it or not.. ;)

Sure if watching a guy stumble around trying to figure out A. am I alive...B. is this a good thing...C. where did I leave my face. is your thing

OK, I started reading the speech to MrChick. I got through almost half of the speech before he YELLED, "Enough! I do not need to hear more and I am NOT going to watch it." :lol:

I think I'll go fix us a light supper and we can watch recorded programming from last night or read a book or pet the cats or call the neighbors to see what they are doing or . . .

I thought I would have the courage to get through it, but I decided I am a wuss. Maybe after sustenance I'll find the fortitude. B)

BBL

:lmfao: Chickadee! Is this where I join the wuss club? I agree with you and MrChick.

I'm not sure the Dems know when to stand.

I did not hear the speech but I would not be surprised if one of the new "investments" is to get a big neon sign to flash when the President wants the audience to stand and when to applaud.

Dig Boehner's expressions!

I have to give him credit. No way I could sit behind this man and listen to these words that are not in his heart and not make stinky eye at him.

I would be sorely tempted to get a little travel can of shaving cream and draw a happy face. I wouldn't actually do it to anyone, but the temptation would be there.

Edited by saveliberty

Nice eyes, sweet smile, needs to let the hair on the side of his head grow out to minimize his ears. :bag:

I wouldn't ask him to change anything about his appearance, Chickadee! But that's just me.

John Friggin Kerry

In 2004, the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth provided a tremendous service by exposing the disgraceful Vietnam War conduct of John Kerry, the Democratic presidential nominee

The REAL story

ta-pocketa-pocketa-pocketa-pocketa-pocketa, went the the twin engines on John kill em all kerry's boat (real heros have nick names like that). It was a dark and quiet night, John kill em all Kerry turned to his first mate and (in a quiet yet confident voice) said...."it's quiet...too quiet I don't like it.

If only we can get a bit farther up river without getting spotted we'll be able to drop off secret agent x-183".

In the blink of an eye the calm of the night was SHATTERED KAPOW KAPOW WOOOOSH BLAM BLAM the night came alive with a song of DEATH! They had sailed into a clever ambush set by Charlie (John kill em all Kerry's long time foe).

The crew strickened with fear and unable to move turned as one to the one man who had the courage, the skill, the WILL to save them.

John kill em all Kerry like a coiled spring leapped into action (That's what heros like to do in these kind of situations) with a sneer on his lips John kill em all Kerry THRUST the throttle forward and mzzz teraza (hero's like john kill em all Kerry like to have names for their boats) LEAPPED like a mighty stallion BAAATTLE STATIONS he shouted! Waking as from a dream John kill em all kerry's band of brothers charged to their stations.

BUDDA BUDDA BUDDA sang the quad 50s in a tune that sang death and destruction for Charlie and his commie stooges, BRRRRAAAAAPPPP the 60's spat out a curtain of lead, BOOOOM BOOOOM the 300mm mortars adding their song to the aria of war!

Now the dirty commies would pay for DARING to attack John killl em all Kerry and his All American band of brothes! With a ferral grin John kill em all Kerry shouted DIE COMMIE SCUM! (see hero types like John kill em all Kerry say things like that, they teach them that at hero school).

Just when it looked like one more (glorious) victory for John kill em all Kerry and his gallant band of brothers, KABOOOOM sneeky underhanded commie frogmen (and they're the worst kind) had placed a mine (the dirty rotten dastardly Khmer rouge bast*rds) on the sleak and deadly mzzz teraza! In a bat of an eyelash john kill em all Kerry knew his gallant little steed was done for,

Flinging the little mzzz teraza at the nearest nest of vipers John kill em all Kerry CHARGED straight into the muzzels of death.

Afraid? Not he, John kill em all Kerry didn't know the meaning of fear

{fear(Function): noun Etymology: Middle English fer,

from Old English f[AE]r sudden danger; akin to Latin

periculum attempt, peril, Greek peiran to attempt

Date: 12th century

1 a : an unpleasant often strong emotion caused by

anticipation or awareness of danger

b (1) : an instance of this emotion

(2) : a state marked by this emotion

2 : anxious concern :

SOLICITUDE

3 : profound reverence and awe especially toward God

4 : reason for alarm : DANGER synonyms FEAR, DREAD, FRIGHT, ALARM, PANIC, TERROR, TREPIDATION mean painful agitation in the presence or anticipation of danger. FEAR is the most general term and implies anxiety and usually loss of courage .

DREAD usually adds the idea of intense reluctance to face or meet a person or situation and suggests aversion as well as anxiety .

FRIGHT implies the shock of sudden, startling fear .

ALARM suggests a sudden and intense awareness of immediate danger .

PANIC implies unreasoning and overmastering fear causing hysterical activity .

TERROR implies the most extreme degree of fear.

TREPIDATION adds to DREAD the implications of timidity, trembling, and hesitation.}

The mortally wounded boat rammed into the den of inequity, and leapping from the galllant but doomed craft a 50cal in his right hand his (trusty) M-16 in his left a 5in. cannon strapped to his back John kill em all Kerry LEAPPED into the very heart of the enemy AAAAHHHHHH he cried all the while dealing death to the left and right (hero types do stuff like that all the time, that's why they're hero types)

The (dirty) commies quaked in fear at this (magnificent specimen) All American hero type in a blood lust cried "It's kill em all Kerry! Please don't kill us, John kill em all Kerry would have none of that! Not after their dastardly attack and mortal wounding of his (beloved) mzzz teraza, DIE YOU DIRTY COMMIE RATS, I'LL TEACH YOU TO MESS WITH MASSACHUSETTS!

And oh the carnage the ensued, So terrible was his (awesome but sensitive) wrath that soon after those above him (being jealous of his superior combat skills and the love his band of brothers had for him) sent him back to the good old US of A.

More coming John Kerry and the River of DOOM.

WestVirginiaRebel!

I expect that online information will be placed in the same area as the continuous 24x7 transparent open CSPAN hearings on health care that Obama promised

- and Obama failed.

Okay, the fish joke wasn't bad.

Wants to reorganize government. Says people will be able to get information about government spending online, says he'll veto earmarks.

Ghost!

What's wrong with Poke a stan??

don't you all always say Pa-ree instead of Paris?

/ NOT

Poke a stan

Rheo!

Chickadee!

You know, I think he basically missed his true calling. He is a preacher. charlatan as well as flim flam man, BS artist and race hustler.[ /u]

And I edited your post...just a an additional tweaking.

-- Pepper

:D

Rheo!

"Starting this year, no American will be forbidden from serving the country they love because of who they love. "

" It is time to leave behind the divisive battles of the past. It is time to move forward as one nation." -- Zero Obama

No, under this new plan, some will move to the rear.

:rolleyes:

Our troops come from every corner of this country – they are black, white, Latino, Asian and Native American. They are Christian and Hindu, Jewish and Muslim. And, yes, we know that some of them are gay. Starting this year, no American will be forbidden from serving the country they love because of who they love. And with that change, I call on all of our college campuses to open their doors to our military recruiters and the ROTC. It is time to leave behind the divisive battles of the past. It is time to move forward as one nation.

clearvision!

I thought the exchanges on this thread were uplifiting, plus I saved at least 50 minutes of my time so I could watch paint dry.

Well I still think it was very flat. Like reading a grocery list.

Pinz!

I am going to do something else and review TRR

Bachman will be streaming on FNC website.

Ok thanks. Not sure how much more excitement I can take tonight. :D

I'm content to read the revues and maybe catch it on youtube. ;)

They all apply!

Rheo!

Chickadee!

You know, I think he basically missed his true calling. He is a preacher. charlatan as well as flim flam man, BS artist and race hustler.[ /u]

And I edited your post...just a an additional tweaking.

-- Pepper

:D