Coffee Shop

Rheo

FYI

TV Newser: Hannity Gets First Interview with George Zimmerman

Sean Hannity has secured the first interview with George Zimmerman, the man accused of killing Florida teenager Trayvon Martin. The hour-long exclusive will air on Hannity’s Fox News Channel program tonight at 9pmET.

Zimmerman will discuss what happened on the night of Martin’s death. His attorney, Mark O’Mara, will also participate in the interview and will address rumors circulating about bail donations and hidden money, FNC says.

Received this in my email today. It is primarily a fund-raiser, but it has an interesting video attached. 'We dig 'em and fill 'em.'

O'Keefe's latest project.

http://hosted.vertic...513/f22ef89661/

James O'Keefe Fails To Find A Scandal, Union And Public Works Edition

In the latest of his heavily edited, deceptive videos, discredited conservative activist James O'Keefe claims that he found "union bosses" who "loved the idea" of a company that does nothing but dig holes in the ground and fill them again -- and that those union men said "public officials" would fund such projects. The unedited video, of course, shows nothing of the sort.

The edited video shows workers from the fictional company Earth Supply and Renewal (ESR) meeting with New York union leaders John Hutchings and Anthony Tocci and former NY state assemblyman Ronald Tocci (Anthony's brother). The faux-ESR employees explain that workers at their company dig ditches and then "put [the dirt] right back in the ground," then ask if the union leaders can help them get public funds for their hole-digging, hole-filling operation.

In a series of fast cuts, the union leaders are shown advising the supposed ESR employees to "just call it a jobs program for workers," explaining how they lobby officials, and saying that they are "good with [sens. Kirsten] Gillibrand and [Charles] Schumer." The video repeatedly shows Hutchings saying, "It's awful hard for anybody to vote against a jobs bill right now" -- the implication being, apparently, that anyone will vote to fund any kind of jobs, even useless ones like repeatedly digging and filling holes.

(Snip)

Media Muttters says who you gonna belive me or your lyin eyes!

Have any of you been following the Bill Whittle drama?

?

Bill Whittle FB page

He was accused by a couple of posters on Kyle Becker's FB page, after Bill credited Kyle with something he used, that Bill plagiarized. Bill was steamed and rightfully so, then he wrote another post today. Go Bill!

A FEW WORDS ABOUT YESTERDAY'S DRAMA...

First, Kyle wrote me to apologize for the Facebook comments. I declined to accept the apology on the grounds that he did not owe me one. He personally never accused me of plagiarism or even ingratitude. He is, as I suspected, a fine, stand-up, patriotic young man with excellent character.

So why the nuclear reaction to a few comments on a Facebook thread?

Well, I defended George Bush and the Iraq War for eight years. I watched as baseless charges went unanswered long enough to turn into accepted truth. I watched as Sarah Palin got mobbed with corruption charges until people came to believe she was corrupt. And I had someone on the Herman Cain campaign ask me for advice regarding the infidelity charges, and my response was, you must not only deny the charges, you must DISMANTLE and DESTROY them. You must leave burning rubble in the place where those charges once stood, and you must do it so thoroughly that people will think twice before they try it again. And you must do it in a tone of barely controlled righteous outrage, which is the perfectly natural tone of an innocent man who has been falsely accused.

Charges of intellectual laziness, uncredited lifting of ideas, plagiarism and content theft go directly to the one and only essential thing that I have in my toolbox: my credibility. My messages are credible only to the degree that I am PERSONALLY credible. Once that charge is made, if it is not immediately and devastatingly destroyed it sits there... a data point. If it is made twice, even causally, there is a line. Three times and you are suspect, even among your friends. So I intend to destroy those points ON CONTACT.

Mark Twain wrote of a man he knew of, a big tycoon of the Gilded Age, a man who made and lost millions of dollars. This man, wrote Twain, could write off business losses without a second thought, but he would spend $10,000 (1880's dollars!) to recover ONE PENNY that he had been cheated of. I think that is a good bargain. All we really have in life are our honor and our reputations, and when we are gone, only our reputations remain. Kyle Becker's reputation is spotless in my eyes, and I am doing my best to keep mine as polished as I can manage.

---

It started with this.

• Like 1

Have any of you been following the Bill Whittle drama?

?

Bill Whittle FB page

He was accused by a couple of posters on Kyle Becker's FB page, after Bill credited Kyle with something he used, that Bill plagiarized.

Some people should look up what plagiarism actually means.

OTOH they could be opening themselves up to a libel charge

• Like 1