Coffee Shop

Rheo

righteousmomma

Saw this on Fox and Friends this morning. On a bing search found this version of the story:

At the University of California, Irvine, the Phi Gamma Delta fraternity stands accused of anti-Pacific Islander racism because it recently hosted a charity fundraiser called the FIJI Islander party which featured students who dressed in coconut bras and grass skirts.

The kerfuffle began on May 20 when Save Gasaiwai, a UCI student of Fijian descent, complained in a statement that the charity fundraiser caused pain to “marginalized” people and reinforced “white male hegemonic structures.”

The statement endorsed by the school’s Asian Pacific Student Association accused the FIJI fraternity of “tacitly committing an act of cultural appropriation and publicly projecting their ethnographic ignorance.”

The statement also included a list of demands. This run-on sentence for example: “Tell members of your organization to stop wearing our traditional/cultural attires, they don’t know jack s^#@ about its cultural significance.”

The fraternity has been ordered to attend some sort of sensitivity training:

As a result of the event, reports Campus Reform, administrators at UCI have compelled the fraternity and other Greek organizations into “ongoing discussions” about “offending others.”

http://beforeitsnews.com/opinion-conservative/2014/06/university-of-california-fraternity-accused-of-racism-because-coconut-bras-and-grass-skirts-are-racist-2859504.html

Guess those old movies like with Hope and Crosby are now gonna be labeled racist and banned.blush.png

SrWoodchuck

June is LGBT Month! All 3.8% of those Americans [9mill+] now have a whole month to......well.....do whomever whatever they do....and.....Raise that Rainbow Freak Flag high!

This month, as we mark 45 years since the patrons of the Stonewall Inn defied an unjust policy and awakened a nascent movement, let us honor every brave leader who stood up, sat in, and came out, as well as the allies who supported them along the way. Following their example, let each of us speak for tolerance, justice, and dignity — because if hearts and minds continue to change over time, laws will too.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim June 2014 as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Pride Month. I call upon the people of the United States to eliminate prejudice everywhere it exists, and to celebrate the great diversity of the American people.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have hereunto set my hand this thirtieth day of May, in the year of our Lord two thousand fourteen, and of the Independence of the United States of America the two hundred and thirty-eighth.

BARACK OBAMA

Newsweek-Obama-Gay-President.jpg

Via WeaselZippers

The following video is Norm McDonald discussing Gay Pride with Dennis Miller.....and....uhm...it is NOT safe for work [NSFW]:

righteousmomma

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/05/30/bakery-will-stop-making-wedding-cakes-after-losing-discrimination-case/

Phillips said he doesn’t believe in gay marriage and he refused to sell them a cake.

“We would close down the bakery before we would complicate our beliefs,” Phillips said after the hearing. Phillips also admitted he had refused service to other same-sex couples.

A judge previously ruled a business owner cannot refuse service to a customer on the basis of sexual orientation. Phillips appealed to the commission, but it upheld the decision.

That prompted Phillips to decide he would no longer make any wedding cakes. He said he would be fine selling cupcakes for a birthday party for someone who is gay but added, “I don’t want to participate in a same-sex wedding.”

Well, ya just wait til Sharia law gets implemented! That'll take care of any and all complications and considerations - including idiot judges and their idiot rulings.

SrWoodchuck

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/05/30/bakery-will-stop-making-wedding-cakes-after-losing-discrimination-case/

Phillips said he doesn’t believe in gay marriage and he refused to sell them a cake.

“We would close down the bakery before we would complicate our beliefs,” Phillips said after the hearing. Phillips also admitted he had refused service to other same-sex couples.

A judge previously ruled a business owner cannot refuse service to a customer on the basis of sexual orientation. Phillips appealed to the commission, but it upheld the decision.

That prompted Phillips to decide he would no longer make any wedding cakes. He said he would be fine selling cupcakes for a birthday party for someone who is gay but added, “I don’t want to participate in a same-sex wedding.”

Well, ya just wait til Sharia law gets implemented! That'll take care of any and all complications and considerations - including idiot judges and their idiot rulings.

Sweet @righteousmomma!

I'm willing to look the other way, if I see gay couples kissing & I'll defend their right to their own lifestyle. [Love the sinner, not the sin......and who does not have sin themselves? + Constitutional Rights to Life, Liberty & Pursuit]

I will not sit back & allow Sharia law. It is anathema to our Constitution & Republic. It is in no way "embracing of freedom." It is an abomination of God's natural law & the credo of a death cult. Not to mention: it is a way that they use to bring any & all humans in Dar al Harb*, under subjugation.

*Definition-

Dar al-Harb (دار الحرب "house of war"; also referred to as dar al-Garb "house of the West" in later Ottoman sources) is an Islamic term used for countries which are not under Islamic rule.

According to The New Encyclopedia of Islam, the dar al-harb (lit. the "abode of war") is:

the territories where Islam does not prevail. During colonial rule in India, the 'uluma decided that as long as the laws of Islam were not prohibited, or as long as the peculiar institution of Islam existed, the country could be considered to lie within dar al-islam ("abode of Islam").

Symbolically, the dar al-harb is the domain, even in an individual's life, where there is a struggle against or opposition to, the Will of God.

It’s Contest Time!
Mitch Berg
June 2, 2014

The Democrats are unveiling a new slogan, we’re told.

If they’re going for something zippy but that is still compliant with “truth in advertising” laws, I’d suggest:

Stay The Curse!

But I’m open to other suggestions.

We may have a poll on this later….

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

It’s Contest Time!

Mitch Berg

June 2, 2014

If they’re going for something zippy but that is still compliant with “truth in advertising” laws, I’d suggest:

Stay The Curse!

"What difference do YOU make?"

"You can have your own life....period!"

"Dope & Chains!"

It’s Contest Time!

Mitch Berg

June 2, 2014

Stay The Curse!

"Dope & Chains!"

bikebubba on

June 2, 2014 at 12:48 pm

said:

Mene, Mene, Tekel, Uparsin!

Mr. D on

June 2, 2014 at 1:38 pm

said:

“We’re Schumeriffic!”

“Kneel Before Reid”

“Democrats — One Every Minute”

“Avoid the Road to Serfdom — Take the Light Rail”

“You’re Getting Sleepy”

• Like 1

It’s Contest Time!

Mitch Berg

June 2, 2014

Stay The Curse!

"Dope & Chains!"

bikebubba on

June 2, 2014 at 12:48 pm

said:

Mene, Mene, Tekel, Uparsin!

Mr. D on

June 2, 2014 at 1:38 pm

said:

“We’re Schumeriffic!”

“Kneel Before Reid”

“Democrats — One Every Minute”

“Avoid the Road to Serfdom — Take the Light Rail”

“You’re Getting Sleepy”

SrWoodchuck

Illinois says, "Nyet," to 100 million dollar Obama Lie-Bury......

http://iowntheworld.com/blog/?p=237932

On April 17, the Illinois legislature floated the idea of spending $100 million in Illinois tax dollars on an Obama Presidential library, despite that the President has made no decision on where his library will be. Almost immediately the idea drew criticism. Now, as the Illinois legislative session ends, the plan is stalled.

Scissors-32x32.png

Via iOTW

{52% of US Population hoping for the Lie-Bury to be built at Guantanamo}

wpid-Obama_Library_Nothing.jpg

Veterans see red as Jane Fonda tapped to speak to UCLA grads

Vietnam veterans in California are furious all over again with Jane Fonda, after the actress was chosen to speak this month at a UCLA graduation ceremony.

Fonda, who in 1972 traveled to Hanoi, Vietnam, to meet with enemy soldiers and called American soldiers "war criminals," has been picked to be the graduation speaker at UCLA’s School of Theater, Film and Television’s commencement ceremony on June 13.

"We hate her," Nick Callas, 67, president of the Santa Clarita chapter of Vietnam Veterans of America, told FoxNews.com. "We won't ever see any of her movies or support anything she did. It makes me sick to see her get this kind of recognition.

(Snip)

_________________________________________________________________________________

I forgive but I Don't Forget. angry.png

Scooby-Doo, We’ve Got a Mystery On Our Hands
Posted by V the K at 10:22 pm - June 2, 2014.

A lefty progressive homeowner in Austin, TX can’t figure out how her taxes have gotten so darn high.

“I’m at the breaking point,” said Gretchin Gardner, an Austin artist who bought a 1930s bungalow in the Bouldin neighborhood just south of downtown in 1991 and has watched her property tax bill soar to $8500 this year.

“It’s not because I don’t like paying taxes,” said Gardner, who attended both meetings [of "irate homeowners"]. “I have voted for every park, every library, all the school improvements, for light rail, for anything that will make this city better. But now I can’t afford to live here anymore.

And Conservatives are called the stupid ones! LMFAO.gif

• Like 4

SrWoodchuck

VA Chaplain Says Officials Ordered Him To Cover Christian Symbols In VA Chapel, “Stop Talking About Jesus Out Loud”… http://weaselzippers.us/188085-va-chaplain-says-officials-ordered-him-to-cover-christian-symbols-in-va-chapel-stop-talking-about-jesus-out-loud/

chapel-550x283.png

I went to the VA Hospital in Iron Mountain today on business. While there I stopped at the Chapel and found pinky-purple curtains with mesh at the top, covering the altar. (You know the type. They use them between sick patients in the hospital).

I stopped in my tracks, shocked at what I saw. I peeked behind the curtain, and found what used to be the welcoming part of the chapel, the Cross, a picture of Jesus, and other Christian icons familiar to the majority of Americans.

I found Chaplain Bob Mueller, to ask what the meaning was of this change.

This is what he told me:

A couple of months ago, an order came down from Washington DC to cover all things associated with Christianity in the VA. Their solution is to cover everything in all the VA Chapels across the country.”

Chaplain Bob went on to say, “A few weeks ago an official from the Madison VA came down here to tell me to ‘stop talking about Jesus, and to stop reading Scripture out loud.’”

Chaplain Bob also said that the rest of the Obama plan is to send more curtains to cover the rest of the stained glass windows, because there are Christian symbols on the stained glass.

Scissors-32x32.png

Via WeaselZippers

righteousmomma

Just a butt in here - but Greta had the best news tonight AND TADA !!!! I actually agreed with the blow hard egotist O'Reilly on Fox. Credit where credit is due.

• Like 1

righteousmomma

VA Chaplain Says Officials Ordered Him To Cover Christian Symbols In VA Chapel, “Stop Talking About Jesus Out Loud”… http://weaselzippers.us/188085-va-chaplain-says-officials-ordered-him-to-cover-christian-symbols-in-va-chapel-stop-talking-about-jesus-out-loud/

chapel-550x283.png

I went to the VA Hospital in Iron Mountain today on business. While there I stopped at the Chapel and found pinky-purple curtains with mesh at the top, covering the altar. (You know the type. They use them between sick patients in the hospital).

I stopped in my tracks, shocked at what I saw. I peeked behind the curtain, and found what used to be the welcoming part of the chapel, the Cross, a picture of Jesus, and other Christian icons familiar to the majority of Americans.

I found Chaplain Bob Mueller, to ask what the meaning was of this change.

This is what he told me:

A couple of months ago, an order came down from Washington DC to cover all things associated with Christianity in the VA. Their solution is to cover everything in all the VA Chapels across the country.”

Chaplain Bob went on to say, “A few weeks ago an official from the Madison VA came down here to tell me to ‘stop talking about Jesus, and to stop reading Scripture out loud.’”

Chaplain Bob also said that the rest of the Obama plan is to send more curtains to cover the rest of the stained glass windows, because there are Christian symbols on the stained glass.

Scissors-32x32.png

Via WeaselZippers

Not good. In fact downright terrifying.

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

Sweet @righteousmomma!

I agree.

It won't be happening at St. Anthony's where I volunteer.....but Christianity is no longer the religion of America, according to the progressive masters that are currently in charge.

Time for them to come to Jesus.

SrWoodchuck

Three men die and are waiting at the Pearly Gates when St. Peter tells them that there will be a slight delay but not to worry that he will have Albert Einstein visit with them during their wait. Albert arrives and introduces himself to the first man and asks, “What is your IQ?” to which the first man answers, “241″.

“That is wonderful!”, says Albert.

“We will talk about the Grand Unification Theory and the mysteries of the Universe. We will have much to discuss!”.

Albert introduces himself to the second man and asks, “What is your IQ?” to which the second man answers, “144″.

“That is great!”, responds Albert.

“We can discuss politics and current affairs. We will have much to discuss!”

Albert goes to the third man and asks, “What is your IQ?” to which the third man answers, “51″.

“How's Obama doing eh?”, says Albert.

Via TheFeralIrishman

• Like 3