Coffee Shop

Rheo

OMG! Lombard street (San Fran) is going to be closed on weekends to normal people.

There are normal people in SF? Cite your source! tongue.png

• Like 1

OMG! Lombard street (San Fran) is going to be closed on weekends to normal people.

There are normal people in SF? Cite your source! tongue.png

biggrin.png Good point.

The Week in Pictures: The Dog Ate My Trademark Edition

Steven Hayward

June 21, 2014

The Week in PicturesTM is wondering when the U.S Patent and Trademark Office will get around to reviewing other potentially disparaging trademarks such as Harry Reid, which clearly disparages the U.S. Senate, let alone Democratic Party, whose disparagement of democracy goes back at least to Andy Jackson. And dont even get me started on the trademarks Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Meanwhile, where was the IRS when I needed an excuse for my undone homework in school? And hows that smart diplomacyTM working out for Obama over in the Middle East? I hear the White House is going to send over its best drone, but can John Kerry really do anything about Iraq? Its almost enough to make you pine for the days of Hillary at Foggy Bottom (though I hear putting Hillary and Foggy Bottom in the same sentence is sexist or something). Also, I heard a rumor that theres some kind of sporting event going on down in Brazil? I cant seem to find out anything about it, though.

556x369xRedskins-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.E

552x435xIRS-again-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.

(Snip)

548x413xIRS-emails-5-copy.jpg.pagespeed.

(Snip)

551x422xObama-cramps-copy.jpg.pagespeed.

(Snip)

551x420xAfghan-Withdr4awal-copy.jpg.page

551x413xKerry-Drone-copy.jpg.pagespeed.i

(Snip)

399x555xCircus-Pants-copy.jpg.pagespeed.

(Snip)

735x734xBatman-Dog-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic

640x580xBoring-Soccer-copy.jpg.pagespeed

(Snip)

182x258xGuys-Guns-3-copy1.jpg.pagespeed.

And finally. . .

494x741xHot-3-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.TzdX

Observations from this mornings Wisconsin TV viewing: After days of pounding by media of Governor Walker over the allegations and not mentioning they were in fact thrown out by two different courts, 'Friends of Scott Walker' are running ads reminding everyone how bad our finances and job situation were before he was Governor and his opponent was lieutenant governor.

Koch Industries are running ads informing people what they actually make in this country and giving a website where you can get more info and possibly even apply.

Judy Woodruff of Fox News Sunday????????

Not Iraq

Not Bengazi

Not the Ukraine

Not our failing economy

Not the VA

Not the IRS

Not the Open Border Invasion

None of these are CNN Breaking News today....

Rather....

cnn_zps73a1d7ad.jpg

There is not a PR Agency in the world that could work harder to cover for a failing president than CNN.

• Like 2

Kerry: 'I'm Working Hard to ... Have Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Ambassadors'
JERYL BIER
Jun 23, 2014

With much of the Obama administration's foreign policy in tatters, John Kerry is clear on at least one goal he hopes to achieve by the end of his time as secretary of state: having lesbian, bisexual, and transgender ambassadors representing the United States. In remarks to a GLIFAA (formerly Gays and Lesbians in Foreign Affairs Agencies) Pride event in the Ben Franklin Room at the State Department, the secretary ran through a litany of accomplishments by the Obama administration that benefit the "LGBT/gay community." During his speech, Kerry said that, if confirmed, Ted Osius (nominated by President Obama for the post in Vietnam) would be the sixth openly gay U.S. ambassador currently in service:

So I am very proud of the progress that we are now making even in appointing LGBT ambassadors. I worked with the committee here at the State Department – with the D Committee, and I worked with the White House. And as a result, Ted Osius, sitting here, whom I’ve known a long time, and his family I know, will be the first openly LGBT officer nominated to serve as an ambassador in Asia. And on confirmation, he’s going to join five openly gay ambassadors who are now serving their country. I’m working hard to ensure that by the end of my tenure, we will have lesbian, bisexual, and transgender ambassadors in our ranks as well.

(Snip)

Kerry: 'I'm Working Hard to ... Have Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Ambassadors'

JERYL BIER

Jun 23, 2014

With much of the Obama administration's foreign policy in tatters, John Kerry is clear on at least one goal he hopes to achieve by the end of his time as secretary of state: having lesbian, bisexual, and transgender ambassadors representing the United States. In remarks to a GLIFAA (formerly Gays and Lesbians in Foreign Affairs Agencies) Pride event in the Ben Franklin Room at the State Department, the secretary ran through a litany of accomplishments by the Obama administration that benefit the "LGBT/gay community." During his speech, Kerry said that, if confirmed, Ted Osius (nominated by President Obama for the post in Vietnam) would be the sixth openly gay U.S. ambassador currently in service:

So I am very proud of the progress that we are now making even in appointing LGBT ambassadors. I worked with the committee here at the State Department – with the D Committee, and I worked with the White House. And as a result, Ted Osius, sitting here, whom I’ve known a long time, and his family I know, will be the first openly LGBT officer nominated to serve as an ambassador in Asia. And on confirmation, he’s going to join five openly gay ambassadors who are now serving their country. I’m working hard to ensure that by the end of my tenure, we will have lesbian, bisexual, and transgender ambassadors in our ranks as well.

(Snip)

@Valin

Let's show some real commitment to the GLBT movement and appoint RuPaul as the new SEC of STATE.

gty_rupaul_ll_120109_wmain.jpg

He / She's obviously more qualified and talented than John F'ing Kerry (who served in Viet Nam).

Just look at RuPaul's experience and credentials:

RuPaul often performed at the Celebrity Club (managed by Larry Tee) as a bar dancer or with his band, Wee Wee Pole.

• Like 1

Let's show some real commitment to the GLBT movement and appoint RuPaul as the new SEC of STATE.

gty_rupaul_ll_120109_wmain.jpg

He / She's obviously more qualified and talented than John F'ing Kerry (who served in Viet Nam).

Just look at RuPaul's experience and credentials:

RuPaul often performed at the Celebrity Club (managed by Larry Tee) as a bar dancer or with his band, Wee Wee Pole.

blink.png AHHHHHH Thank you....I think blink.png

@Valin

I misread the above quote earlier... I didn't catch that was his "band"....

I thought the he had performed with the current inhabitant of the Oval Office.

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

Obama Bux.....being made for the Lo-Fo-Mo-Fo's & unfortunately........us!

Good_To_Be_Rich.jpg

Via TheFeralIrishman

140621-strike-back2.jpg

Via TheoSpark

GREAT FANTASTIC NEWS! When were the Democrats routed? I am so glad to know now that the likes Harry Reid & Nancy Pelosi have been driven from the field of battle, never to be heard from again, we can concentrate on fighting those who are not ideologically pure enough. Let the purges begin.

SrWoodchuck

140621-strike-back2.jpg

Via TheoSpark

GREAT FANTASTIC NEWS! When were the Democrats routed? I am so glad to know now that the likes Harry Reid & Nancy Pelosi have been driven from the field of battle, never to be heard from again, we can concentrate on fighting those who are not ideologically pure enough. Let the purges begin.

Satirical, biting, crappy comments like that......are exactly what is going to get the "Lovable"....stricken from your nom-de-plume...."Lovable Curmudgeon."

Take that.

Playwright David Mamet Halts Play over Gender-Bending Casting

Austin Ruse

23 Jun 2014

Influential playwright David Mamet told a theater company in Milwaukee it must cease and desist production of his play Oleanna because the company cast a man to play the female lead.

The play was performed for one show only at the Alchemist Theater before the production was shut down. The letter to the theater company from Mamets representatives has not been made public.

The producers issued a statement on Friday:

We excitedly brought this story to the stage because even though it was written years ago, the unfortunate story that it tells is still relevant today. We auditioned for this show looking for the best talent, not looking for a gender. When Ben Parman auditioned we saw the reality that this relationship, which is more about power, is not gender-specific but gender-neutral.

Oleanna tells the story of a female undergraduate student who seeks the help of her professor, then accuses him of sexual harassment. He loses his tenure and his family, and it is obvious that others the young woman refers to as her group are directing her actions.

(Snip)

SrWoodchuck

@SrWoodchuck

Hate to break it to you but John Boehner, Mitch McConnell.....etc are not the enemy. There are those who apparently don't understand that.

@Valin

You're not "breaking" anything to me.

Boehner is the reason that Pelosi is now less relevant, and often appears to be a barking moonbat.

Hopefully, Boehner can....someday....in the near future......be retired as the tanned, crying, irrelevant golf hack in Obama's "fearsome" foursome.....that he is today.

He, like you.....believe in operating by nuanced degree....and thereby have allowed the "Hopeful Changers" to implement their radical agenda.....and not jeopardize his holy office....while appearing to oppose that agenda.

He's the Speaker of the House.

The House has the power of the purse....for a reason....that reason being that the people, should be able to use "their" House to starve these egregious federal entities [esp. IRS/EPA] into submission & blunt the power of our dear Imperial pResident.

He has done nothing of the kind.

The establishment GOP is much the same as Obama's cadre.....regarding their power & being able to hold onto it, at all cost.

They don't want the power balance upset.They don't like to make waves. They do not act as representatives of the people....they act as professional political sovereigns....separated by mountains of money, power & influence over their electorate.....and they turn into deaf-eared elitists.

You may like that old and distant accrued power, because it makes you feel safe.

They, and the Progressives on the left....are two sides of the same coin.

I refuse to agree with....or, go along with GOP progressive-lite.

I don't need you to chastise me for my beliefs, or denigrate my postings. Thank you.

SrWoodchuck

The Establishment’s Conspiracy to Silence Conservatives Could Destroy Our Country http://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2014/06/23/the-establishments-conspiracy-to-silence-conservatives-could-destroy-our-country-n1854056/page/full

Kurt Schlichter | Jun 23, 2014

The establishment – defined less by party than by power – is using every weapon it has to shut you up, to marginalize you, and to beat you into submission. In the short term it may work. In the long term it promises disaster.

The key to any democratic republic is legitimacy.

If the system allows a full and fair airing of different views before a decision is made, groups that lose the debate will accept the decision. You are disappointed if the other side won fair and square. But you are furious if the other side cheated.

And all the other side does today is cheat.

Worse, it does so with a mindless cynicism, having discovered that if other elements of the establishment play along – like a mainstream media that refuses to perform its accountability function – then there are no immediate consequences. Over time, this risks of alienating nearly half of our citizens.

Scissors-32x32.png

Don’t think it’s only the leftist establishmentarians doing it. John Boehner felt secure enough to mock the majority of his own party for daring to have doubts about the wisdom of importing 30 million new Democrat voters. Shut up and stop being crybabies, chided the famously tan crybaby.

They love to deploy baseless slanders to figuratively ball-gag you and drive you out of the debate.

Scissors-32x32.png

Conservatives are actively marginalized, socially and politically, but is it realistic to think we will simply throw in the towel and obey? Destroying our political norms won’t silence the establishment’s foes; it will radicalize them.

Your opponents are not going to play by the rulebook you’ve just thrown out.

Is that what you establishment types want? What goes around comes around – hard. Europe’s elite’s similar disenfranchisement strategy is giving rise to nontraditional parties, both sensible ones like UKIP and scary ones like Greece’s Golden Dawn. When you make a conscious decision to deprive people of their voices, you may not like who they choose to speak for them.

Here, our ex-majority leader’s fate is a stark warning of what happens when the people you have been taking for granted take you for a ride.

You better start listening to what we keep telling you.

The Tea Party shook you up, but you told yourself that the madness had all blown over.

Eric Cantor? Oh, uh, well, it couldn’t possibly have been caused by his amnesty fetish because if it were you might have to change what you’re doing and your Chamber of Commerce pals would totally be mad!

Scissors-32x32.png

Via DougRoss@Journal