Coffee Shop

Rheo

He's doing more than decry "unfair" practices. Holder is investigating (with an eye to prosecuting) the disparate impact of our racist laws.

Are Cops Racist?

How the War Against the Police Harms Black Americans

Heather Mac Donald

Paperback

• Like 1

Cyber_Liberty

Interesting book. Pity it's not in the Kindle store. Holder's campaign to protect black malefactors is making everything she is writing about much worse.

• Like 1

Speaking of the Jay Carney resignation... I read a quote from The Zero, "Obama said he is putting the 'flak jacket' for dealing with the press on another friend in Earnest"

Oh yea! The press have been brutal to Jay-Boy, Obama and the whole administration. Right.

Better quote, "We will a need new catcher's mitt for Ernest since Jay wore his out catching all the "soft ball" questions thrown his way during the last three years." (slow pitch I might add)

• Like 3

The Week in Pictures: Waitlist Edition

We thought about outsourcing our Week in Pictures feature to the VA, but discovered that you wouldnt get to see this weeks photos, memes, and cartoons until about Labor Day. And then wed have to resign. And speaking of Jay Carney, it appears hes gotten tired of lying every day.

580x413xCarney-2-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.E

(Snip)

580x278xCarney-1-copy-600x288.jpg.pagesp

580x283xClift-copy-600x293.jpg.pagespeed

Those with a strong stomach click here....You've Been Warned

(Snip)

580x376xObama-Godzilla-copy-600x389.jpg.

(Snip)

592x397xCover-Ups-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.

(Snip)

361x401xZen-GPS-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.H4

(Snip)

486x361xGuitars-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.4n

580x381xAc-DC-copy-600x395.jpg.pagespeed

And because some of our readers have asked for equal time:

297x321xMen-Guns-1-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic

And finally. . .

580x385xHot-88-copy-600x399.jpg.pagespee

Thank you for the equal time! smile.png

• Like 1

Thank you for the equal time! smile.png

I am all about equality...everyone must be equal at all times, otherwise someone might feel bad....and we can't have that now can we?

• Like 2

When Pigs Fly, and Other Animal Rights and Wrongs

Steven Hayward

May 31, 2014

I managed to provoke fury in a graduate student earlier this semester when I expressed skepticism about animal rights by observing that Id take the idea more seriously when we entered into labor contracts with our horses and livestock, and asked our pets for informed consent statements before subjecting them to the ministrations of a veterinarian. Expressing such distinctions between human beings and other animal species is nearly as politically incorrect as questioning gender theory, gay marriage, climate change orthodoxy, etc.

A typical click-bait story bearing on this subject crossed the wires today:

(Snip)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Head Hurts....Bad

Cruz wins presidential straw poll at GOP summit

NEW ORLEANS (AP) Texas Sen. Ted Cruz has won the latest 2016 presidential straw poll at a conservative summit in Louisiana.

Cruz took 30 percent of the vote at the Republican Leadership Conference in New Orleans. He edged out conservative speaker and author Ben Carson.

Organizers at the annual conference say about a third out of 1,500 delegates voted in the straw poll. Delegates had to pay to register for the conference and vote in the straw poll.

(Snip)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

That and $1.50 will buy you a cup of coffee.

Sangeang Api volcano (Sunda Islands, Indonesia): eruption continues, ash spreads to Australia

Saturday May 31, 2014

Eruptions continue at the volcano after yesterday's major explosion. Dense ash plumes rising from the summit crater can be seen on this morning's satellite images, and a MODIS hot spot is visible on the latest satellite data, suggesting fresh magma continues to arrive at the volcano's summit crater.

In the meanwhile, the ash and SO2 plume has drifted and spread over more than 3000 km to the E and SE, covering a vast area that includes parts of northern and eastern Australia. All flights from Darwin airport have been cancelled because of the hazardous ash cloud.

(Snip)

sangean-api-pf.png

H/T and more photos at Dr. Roy Spencer

Warning: if you click on this link you will confirm that you are an ignorant anti-science fanatic who whats to take mankind back to the middle ages, destroy all the rivers cut down all the trees, and in general make a nuisance of yourself....and you probably leave the toilet seat up.

• Like 2

Cyber_Liberty

I wonder how many fights will have to be grounded to offset that carbon footprint? All of them?

I wonder how many fights will have to be grounded to offset that carbon footprint? All of them?

A Buddy of mine is really into geology. He says volcano's are erupting all the time and putting out Greenhouse Gases. 1991 Eruption of Mount Pinatubo

(Snip)

Nearly 20 million tons of sulfur dioxide were injected into the stratosphere in Pinatubo's 1991 eruptions, and dispersal of this gas cloud around the world caused global temperatures to drop temporarily (1991 through 1993) by about 1°F (0.5°C).

(Snip)

So, where's the EPA on this?

State fish and wildlife officials say much of the marijuana being grown in northern counties under the state's medical pot law is not being used for legal, personal use,

Well I am shocked...yes Shocked I say! rolleyes.gif

In Norfolk, evidence of climate change is in the streets at high tide

NORFOLK — At high tide on the small inlet next to Norfolk’s most prestigious art museum, the water lapped at the very top of the concrete sea wall that has held it back for 100 years. It seeped up through storm drains, puddled on the promenade and spread, half a foot deep, across the street, where a sign read, “Road Closed.”

The sun was shining, but all around the inlet people were bracing for more serious flooding. The Chrysler Museum of Art had just completed a $24 million renovation that emptied the basement, now accessible only by ladder, and lifted the heating and air-conditioning systems to the top floor. A local accounting firm stood behind a homemade barricade of stanchions and detachable flaps rigged to keep the water out. And the congregation of the Unitarian Church of Norfolk was looking to evacuate

“We don’t like being the poster child for climate change,” said the Rev. Jennifer Slade, who added that the building, with its carved-wood sanctuary and soaring flood-insurance rates, would soon be on the market for the first time in four decades. “I don’t know many churches that have to put the tide chart on their Web site” so people know whether they can get to church.

(Snip)

ohmy.pngWE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!! rolleyes.gif

SrWoodchuck

Daletoons Serving all your moronic 100%er fringe I'm Mad as hell and I'm not gonna take it needs since 2008.

Yes @Valin......it's why they appeal to me.

If that comment was specific to Rove & the RINO's....I'll wear your slur as a badge of honor.

BTW.....humor can prevent unnecessary injury & death to real morons...by allowing the pressure of their unrelenting progressive transgressions to be lightly lifted.