Rebelcopter covers truckers freedom convoy in Calgary

Valin

Just now, Valin said:

And Speaking of Nonsense. From The Clown News Network Comes this

Truckers and protesters against Covid-19 mandates block a border crossing and flood Canada's capital

Paula Newton and Holly Yan, Certainly Not News

Updated 1:06 PM ET, Mon January 31, 2022

(Commies New Agers Nutball)  What started as a truckers' protest against Covid-19 mandates has snowballed into a blockade in the Canadian capital and gridlock at a US-Canada border crossing.

But now, criminal investigations are underway after the alleged "desecration" of a Canadian landmark and other weekend incidents during protests that have spilled into Monday.
(Snip)
One photo retweeted by James Moore, Canada's former minister of innovation, science and industry, showed the statue holding an upside-down Canadian flag and a sign that read, "Mandate Freedom."
Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson called the display "completely unacceptable," and said he'd asked for the sign and flag to be taken down.
"This kind of stunt by protesters does not help their cause," the mayor said.

(Snip)

Second Trucker Protest Convoy Blocks Canada-U.S. Border, Police Tactical Units Dispatched

John Rigolizzo

Jan 31, 2022 

GettyImages-1238063169.jpg?fit=crop&ar=1

A second convoy of truckers has assembled in support of the “Freedom Convoy” currently protesting Canada’s vaccine mandates in Ottawa, the capital city of Canada.

The blockade began Saturday, when drivers began to assemble on Highway 4 in Coutts, Alberta, on the border of Canada and the United States. The protest blocked travel completely on both sides of the Coutts border crossing, the Western Standard, an Alberta-based news site, reported Saturday. “Nothing is moving on either side of the border. They have blocked the shoulders now in both directions, too. You can’t get by at all now,” said reporter James Finkbeiner.

The Royal Canadian Mounted Police issued a traffic advisory shortly afterward, according to Global News Canada. Coutts Mayor Jim Willett said that as of Saturday, the protest had been peaceful.

(Snip)

RCMP begin ‘enforcement operation’ on 4th day of Coutts border protest

Jessika Guse Global News

February 1, 2022

As the Coutts border crossing protest reached its fourth day, some protesters began leaving Tuesday afternoon as RCMP started its “enforcement operation.”

70c8fc80

After engaging with protesters at the border and trying to “find a peaceful and safe resolution for all involved,” Alberta RCMP said they will start enforcing the law.

“Persons participating in this blockade can also expect enforcement of any contraventions of the Criminal Code of Canada, the Traffic Safety Act and Use of Highway and Rules of the Road Regulations at this location and area roadways,” the news release stated.

(Snip)

_________________________________________________________________________________

American Truckers Plan ‘Convoy To DC’ To Protest Vaccine Mandates

Sarah Weaver

January 31, 2022

Thousands of American Truckers plan to take part in a nation-wide convoy to protest COVID-19 vaccine mandates.

U.S. truckers are planning the convoy after 50,000 Canadian truckers made their way to Ottawa in protest of their own country’s mandate. The U.S. truckers will drive from California to Washington D.C.

According to the Facebook group “Convoy to DC 2022,” created to organize the protest, the truckers describe themselves as “part of many large groups who believe in our founding fathers.” The group has more than 95,000 members as of Monday.

(Snip)

Winner of the Stupid Moronic 3 IQ points dumber than a retarded flatworm statement, of the day...

Today in the House, Members of Parliament unanimously condemned the antisemitism, Islamophobia, anti-Black racism, homophobia, and transphobia that we’ve seen on display in Ottawa over the past number of days. Together, let’s keep working to make Canada more inclusive.

...of course its is early in the day, so we'll have to see what happens.

1 minute ago, Valin said:

Winner of the Stupid Moronic 3 IQ points dumber than a retarded flatworm statement, of the day...

...of course its is early in the day, so we'll have to see what happens.

The kind of freedom you're after would ideally be found on a deserted island without any governance whatsoever.
The kind of freedom evidenced in Lord of the Flies. Perhaps that can be arranged.
Win-win for all!

Mid-Week in Pictures: Convoy Edition

Steven Hayyward

Fec. 2 2022

The regular Saturday edition of the Week in Pictures has been growing so long (and thank you to our many fantastic contributors who send me great material each week—the volume is more than I can use but please keep it coming!) that I’ve been debating starting a second regular Mid-Week in Pictures feature. I’m undecided about making it regular, in part because I don’t want to overdo a good thing, and also because the middle of many weeks I’m often traveling or insanely busy, unlike Friday nights when I can relax and assemble a gallery from a full week’s inventory. I may put up a reader poll on the question.

But this week is a special case: it is not enough that we have 1970s-style inflation again: it seems we have the long-awaited sequel to Convoy. Only up in Canada. I used to joke that if Captain Bligh had commanded a Canadian warship, the movie would have been Strong Disagreement on the Bounty. But I may have to rethink my views of our friends up in the Great White North. And how to you say “Let’s go Brandon” in Quebecois?

(Snip)

download-22.jpg?resize=768,892&ssl=1

(Snip)

g3ryg11wjte81.png?w=640&ssl=1

(Snip)

rb1yfg9oese81.jpg?w=500&ssl=1

(Snip)

Screen-Shot-2022-02-01-at-8.56.25-PM.png

(Snip)

Canadian protesters say no 'hatred' or violence here, they'll be reported to police: 'All on same page'

'All we know is love, the language of love,' one protester said

Emma Colton , Jon Michael Raasch | Fox News

OTTAWA, Ontario – Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and other liberal Canadian leaders have slammed the trucking "Freedom Convoy" as spreading "hateful rhetoric" and expressing "violence toward fellow citizens." But protesters on the ground say that’s not the case at all. 

"I have not seen one negative flag here. No Nazi flags or anything like that," one woman protesting in Ottawa, who has been in the capital since Friday, told Fox News Digital. 

"The truckers and supporters here have made an effort to say that we will call out any violence or hatred that we're seeing, and we'll report it to the police," the woman continued. "So we're all on the same page here. We don't want to see any violence. They didn't drive all this way to promote any violence or hate. They've come here to make a very peaceful statement that we would like to stop mandates and we're supporting free choice."

(Snip)

Look at all this Hatred and Violence!

Feb. 1 2022