Coffee Shop

Valin

GOP congressman takes down colleague's sponsored 'art' depicting police as pigs

Judson Berger, Malia Zimmerman

January 06, 2017

A Republican congressman took matters into his own hands Friday and personally removed a painting depicting police officers as pigs that a colleague had allowed to be displayed at the U.S. Capitol complex.

“I was angry,” Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., told FoxNews.com. “I’ve seen the press [reporting] on this for about a week or so. … I’m in the Marine Corps. If you want it done, just call us.”

Hunter said he walked over to the artwork Friday morning with a few colleagues and unscrewed it. He then delivered it to the office of Rep. Lacy Clay, D-Mo., the congressman whose office had allowed the piece to be displayed. The painting was done by a high school student and had won Clay’s annual Congressional Art competition in May.

(Snip)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Boys & Girls (and whatever gender they call themselves) at DU are outraged.

• Like 1

The Week in Pictures: Countdown Edition

Steven Hayward

January 7, 2017

Less than 14 days until Obama leaves the White House. So this week we feature lots of happy photos of moving vans showing up on the grounds. They may as well pack up Obamacare while they’re at it. And can it really be true that Hillary is thinking of running for mayor of New York City? Can we really be so lucky? And has she never pondered how well that run for governor of California worked out for Richard Nixon in 1962? I know she’s very Nixonian and all, but does she have to take the emulation all the way?

More-MOving-Vans.jpeg?resize=580%2C326

(Snip)

Hillary-Popular.jpeg?resize=580%2C419

(Snip)

Trump-knock-knock.jpeg?resize=580%2C552

(Snip)

Tune-Up.jpeg?resize=580%2C373

Ddath-from-Chicago.jpeg?resize=580%2C379

(Snip)

10-Guns.jpeg?resize=580%2C568

(Snip)

Kerry-Moron.jpeg?resize=580%2C437

Tucker.jpeg?resize=580%2C570

(Snip)

Prius-Fail.jpeg?resize=580%2C464

(Snip)

IMG_0248.jpg?resize=432%2C600

(Snip)

James-Brown-List.jpeg?resize=529%2C600

(Snip)

Jesus-Be-Like.jpeg?resize=570%2C600

Statham-Gun.jpeg?resize=580%2C389

And Finally....

GunGirl6006.jpeg?resize=580%2C582

• Like 1

GOP congressman takes down colleague's sponsored 'art' depicting police as pigs

Judson Berger, Malia Zimmerman

January 06, 2017

A Republican congressman took matters into his own hands Friday and personally removed a painting depicting police officers as pigs that a colleague had allowed to be displayed at the U.S. Capitol complex.

“I was angry,” Rep. Duncan Hunter, R-Calif., told FoxNews.com. “I’ve seen the press [reporting] on this for about a week or so. … I’m in the Marine Corps. If you want it done, just call us.”

Hunter said he walked over to the artwork Friday morning with a few colleagues and unscrewed it. He then delivered it to the office of Rep. Lacy Clay, D-Mo., the congressman whose office had allowed the piece to be displayed. The painting was done by a high school student and had won Clay’s annual Congressional Art competition in May.

(Snip)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Boys & Girls (and whatever gender they call themselves) at DU are outraged.

• Like 1

BREAKING: MOSQUES RAIDED, WAR-GRADE WEAPONS SEIZED AND ARRESTS MADE http://www.usanewsflash.com/breaking-mosques-raided-terrorist-arrest/

Posted Image

A portion of weapons seized during raids on French mosques and homes,

As long as ISIS is “indirectly-supported” by the world leaders, they will continue to spread terrorism. As the massive terrorist attack happened in Paris, France which 130 people lost their lives, French authorities quickly reformed their police organization since they realized this is a very HUGE problem. Unlike America, France quickly took the things in their own hands, and immediately started raiding Islamic mosques to see what they could find threatening in order to keep their citizens safe.

Upon raiding several mosques, French authorities found a massive collection of weapons along with boxes of Islamic State (ISIS) propaganda videos. Hundreds of rifles, explosives, and other resources that would allow them to re-do a Paris-style attack.

Since France felt the pain on their own skin, they started to take terrorists very serious. They’ve arrested more than 230 Muslims and collected more than 324 weapons, many others banned and house arrests. Three mosques were shut down, and more than 2300 homes raided.

• Like 1

• Valin unpinned this topic