Coffee Shop

Rheo

The Brussels Journal

The Voice of Conservatism in Europe

From the Blog of the Last Survivor http://www.brusselsjournal.com/node/5167

The fictitious diary of a well-meaning chap.

Humor bridges the gap between reality and tragedy. In doing so, it demonstrates our ability to be amused, no matter what. This pseudo-journal is translated from Hungarian. Some inferences had to be sacrificed because of the uniqueness of the national component of humor. The piece is presented because; good irony has a point to be communicated. Alas, the original source of the text cannot be traced.

2008 04 10: Today I had an interesting experience. A Muslim couple has settled in our town. The refugee family has eighteen members. They are kind and modest and they walk the streets in a file that reminds of ducks waddling on the way to the pond.

2012 01 01: Happy New Year! These Arabs are amusing folks. There are now six families in town. They always smile. Only once, has there been trouble. They had “Wienerschnitzels”, using breaded veal, at the restaurant. Afterwards it came out, that again; the cheating cook used not veal but pork to prepare it. I have seldom seen so much barfing!

2015 03 15: The house next door has been sold. The head of the family is called Ahmed. A strange guy! He has pulled a sack over his three wives. They may toddle that way on our streets. I do wonder what might be hidden under those sacks. Another sack? Who can tell? However, they are full of money even if they do not work. There must be a remote supporter. They also use their fortune to champion new immigrants. I respect that solidarity.

2018 10 28: Our new neighbor is also a Muslim. They are a previously poor Magyar family that has been persuaded to convert. Let me admit, that aunt Gisela looks rather odd in a chador. That might be because she used a living room curtain with which we had darkened our lights so that enemy fliers would not find us.

The other day, I went to the football match. I dressed properly for the event and was well shaved. There a group of primitives dressed in nightgowns assailed me. They felt that I am a disgusting smooth faced non-believing dog. What is going on here?

2020 03 31: The Muslim Community has purchased the old movie theater. They tore it down and erected a fancy building to replace it. It might be an observatory as it has a terribly high tower. We were a little bit afraid of that one. However, the fear died down as they named it something like “Mecsek” after our local mountains. (A play on words. Mecsek is a mountain range. “Mecset” means a Mosque.) There is a good sign amidst our growing concerns! Since its erection, what must be an astronomer of theirs, they call him a moo-ze-in begins to shout at five in the morning. He might be expressing frustration because by then the moon they seem to like is not visible.

2022 05 16: Now we have Moslems living in our condominium. My wife went to ask for the recipe for “baklava”. They refused to give it to her. It was because they saw her beat a rug in the courtyard. (That way to remove dust predates vacuum cleaners.) We assured them that we have always done this. We do not use carpets for prayer, only to keep our feet from getting cold. This they refused to believe.

2024 01 08: We have removed the wall-to-wall carpets. I do not want to be assaulted because of them. Our life is becoming shittier. HBO has been proscribed. We can only receive Al Jazira 1 and Al Jazira 2.

For eight months now, my son is courting a classmate. True, he has not yet seen her face. However, her legs are terribly hairy. I am concerned.

2025 08 02: In the Capital’s zoo, “Little Raisin”, a domesticated pig, has died. This is saddening as it was the last one of the species in Europe. However, in secret, I have acquired a poster. It depicts a nice juicy pork chop.

We have discovered that “Muesli” is some priest that bellows from the Moshe so that we pray. I wonder, whether you need one in every street. Is this not exaggerated?

2027 09 02: They have released me from jail. I sat for four months because I was caught with my pork-chop poster. The only way they could be persuaded not to chop off my hand was to promise that my family and I would convert to their faith.

My son is not affected any more. After his wedding night with his wife, he escaped for Chile. The rumor is that there are still living people there the old way.

I have taken a course for muezzin training. However, since I suffer from a fear of heights, I have not received the certificate. This means that I have to continue in the shop that upgrades camel manure.

2027 11 05: Ramadan has begun in my town! We have really been anticipating that.

My daughter has married. My money was spent on the goats for the dowry. I could only afford 23 of them. As a result, my daughter is only a “wife third class”.

Scissors-32x32.png

Via iOTW

22598_060-1.jpg

Via Wirecutter

It took me a minute to figure that out. Oh, my gosh.

Sweet @nickydog!

A money wasting redistributionist engine of Progressive failure & fraud, fueled by three "baby-daddy's" behind bars....a woman that can't say no....eleven eventual wards of the state, and/or young, Democrat-voting LoFo's....and a patronage in a pear tree.

• Like 1

VIRAL SUICIDE: Obama DHS Now EXPEDITING Visa Requests From Ebola-Infected Countries http://directorblue.blogspot.com/2014/10/viral-suicide-obama-dhs-now-expediting.html

Wondering how Thomas Eric Duncan was able to enter the U.S. while suffering from Ebola? He asked for a visa and received one in August.

In fact, the Department of Homeland Security is proudly advertising its "Ebola Outbreak-related Immigration Relief Measures to Nationals of Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone Currently in the United States."

You read that right. Not only are the Obama Democrats leaving our doors wide open to those seeking entry from Ebola-infected countries, they're actually expediting visa requests!

Scissors-32x32.png

The inimitable Thomas Lifson notes that the notice "ONLY applies to nationals currently in the USA. IOW, no new arrivals. Mainly, I think to avoid kicking out people and forcing them to return to the hot zone."

Thanking him for his note, I responded that: "...the problem with this notice is that there is no cutoff date. In other words, if I make it into the U.S. today, then I presumably still qualify."

Via DougRoss@Journal

Edited to add this quote from the same link:

QOTD: "At the moment, more than 13,000 West Africans have travel visas to come to the U.S. Having just seen an Ebola-infected Liberian get $500,000 worth of free medical treatment in the U.S., the first thing any African who might have Ebola should do is get himself to America.

Of all the reasons people have for coming here -- welfare, drug-dealing, Medicare scams -- "I have Ebola and I'm going to die, otherwise" is surely one of the strongest. The entire continent of Africa now knows that this is a country that will happily spend half a million dollars on treating someone who just arrived -- and then berate itself for not doing enough.

Thomas Eric Duncan's family may be upset with his treatment, but they have to admit, the price was right. Medical bill: $0.00. Your next statement will arrive in 30 days. " --Ann Coulter

Edited by SrWoodchuck

Thoughts from the ammo line
Scott Johnson
October 17, 2014

Ammo Grrrll returns with reflections on WALMART’S [ill-timed] AMMO SALE! She writes:

Any shooter who hasn’t been in a medically-induced coma for the last two years knows that .22 ammo has been scarcer than functional hard-drives at the IRS. Given the title of my Friday guest column and my “handle,” you can guess that I am known around my Dusty Little Village (DLV) in Arizona for being keenly interested in accumulating ammo.

When it is hot in Arizona (March through November), I frequently do my daily walk at Walmart. There are multiple bathrooms, a climate controlled environment, water fountains, no mosquitoes, and doughnuts as a reward for walking for an hour. Or so. No need to keep obsessive track of the time. Do you think it is a sign of the Apocalypse or simply a sign that a person has no life if she knows the names of 42 individual Walmart employees?

On the last day of September, one of the managers (Tattoo Mike as opposed to Kneepad Mike, recovering from knee surgery) excitedly informed me that Walmart had been stockpiling cases and cases of .22 ammo and was fixin’ to have a huge sale! Color me happy! Not just any crappy old .22s either, but CCIs, the Cadillac of .22 ammo.

“OMG,” I said, in all caps. “When?”

And he said, “This coming Saturday.”

(Snip)

• Like 3

Florida man ordered to remove American flag display draws huge support
October 16, 2014
FoxNews.com

Residents of a Florida city covered their neighborhood with hundreds of American flags Monday in support of a local hardware store told to remove six American flags from its property, The News-Press reported.

The display was put up by Family Hardware employee Jeff Verzi, who was honoring six family members serving in the military, according to the paper. He was told last week to remove the flags after an anonymous complaint citing the city’s rule that prohibits placing banners in the right-of-way.

Verzi refused to remove the flags, and gained the support of Cape Coral residents, whose plan was to put more than 500 American flags in the neighborhood.

(Snip)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Anonymous complaint

Your Mama!

• Like 2

Thoughts from the ammo line

Scott Johnson

October 17, 2014

Ammo Grrrll returns with reflections on WALMART’S [ill-timed] AMMO SALE! She writes:

Any shooter who hasn’t been in a medically-induced coma for the last two years knows that .22 ammo has been scarcer than functional hard-drives at the IRS. Given the title of my Friday guest column and my “handle,” you can guess that I am known around my Dusty Little Village (DLV) in Arizona for being keenly interested in accumulating ammo.

When it is hot in Arizona (March through November), I frequently do my daily walk at Walmart. There are multiple bathrooms, a climate controlled environment, water fountains, no mosquitoes, and doughnuts as a reward for walking for an hour. Or so. No need to keep obsessive track of the time. Do you think it is a sign of the Apocalypse or simply a sign that a person has no life if she knows the names of 42 individual Walmart employees?

On the last day of September, one of the managers (Tattoo Mike as opposed to Kneepad Mike, recovering from knee surgery) excitedly informed me that Walmart had been stockpiling cases and cases of .22 ammo and was fixin’ to have a huge sale! Color me happy! Not just any crappy old .22s either, but CCIs, the Cadillac of .22 ammo.

“OMG,” I said, in all caps. “When?”

And he said, “This coming Saturday.”

(Snip)

@Valin!

The "holy grail" of .22 ammo is CCI Mini-Mags.

I bought 4 [100r@d.] boxes online for $5.99@....before the .22 ammo shortage. Inside of a month....the boxes were selling for $17.00@...if you could get them. Last time I checked, they were over $25@...and no one could supply them.

I was really sorry I didn't buy enough to supplement my retirement.

When TSHTF....22 rounds might be used to barter for medicine or food.

A nice thing happened, though. I went to put them in my safe....and found about 2,000 rounds of other .22 ammo that I'd put back for a "rainy day." Boxes of Stingers & Winchester HP[333 units].

Now my dilemma:

I have two rifles that use .22....[Ruger 10/22 & an antique Savage semi-auto]. One eats anything you put into it [10/22] and the Savage needs low power [old-style-not HP]....but one of my pistols will only shoot CCI. I can't afford to shoot anything because my ammo is now part of my "investment portfolio."

CCI%20mini%20mag%2022%20LR%20HP%20100rd-

The Week in Pictures: Quarantine Edition
Steven Hayward
October 18, 2014

* Here’s a thought: how about we quarantine the entire Obama Administration until January 2017?

(Snip)

xEbola-TV-copy.jpg,qresize=548,P2C402.pa

(Snip)

xDenyong-Obama-copy.jpg,qresize=551,P2C4

(Snip)

xCDC-Ebola-copy.jpg,qresize=534,P2C377.p

(Snip)

xEbola-Obama-copy.jpg,qresize=559,P2C409

(Snip)

xForgetting-Obama-copy.jpg,qresize=551,P

(Snip)

xWhite-House-Trick-or-Treat-copy.jpg,qre

(Snip)

xIce-Age-Ending-copy.jpg,qresize=429,P2C

(Snip)

xLeast-Bacon-copy.jpg,qresize=478,P2C600

(Snip)

xJason-Crock-copy.jpg,qresize=580,P2C575

(Snip)

Boothless-Superman-copy.jpg,qresize=422,

(Snip)

Switch-Insurance-copy.jpg,qresize=444,P2

And finally, new and improved with no trigger control issues, and special for Halloween!

xBarbara-Eden-copy.jpg,qresize=465,P2C60

Okay, okay, if you must have real firearms, then let’s have one more salute to the ladies of the IDF:

IDF-Chicks-copy.jpg,qresize=580,P2C434.p

* I'm thinking Ft. Dodge Ks.

• Like 2

I must Share The pain!

Ferguson Protesters & Allies Describe ‘American Horror Story’ They’re Experiencing in Open Letter
Kevin Gosztola
Friday October 17, 2014

[Editor's note: The following is an open letter written by protesters and allies in Ferguson, Missouri, where the unarmed black teenager named Michael Brown was gunned down and killed by a white Ferguson police officer named Darren Wilson on August 9. Since then, community members have been taking action. They have demanded justice, especially that Wilson be arrested. In response, police in St. Louis County have responded many times with aggressive force to suppress people assembling on the streets.

After a "weekend of resistance" from October 10-13, where multiple direct actions and marches took place in the St. Louis area, the prevailing message is that the protests are making people in the community uncomfortable. They make Caucasians feel intimidated. They are inconvenient. They are just shouting when there needs to be rational discussion. They are not patient enough because there are city officials working on the very issues, which are making protesters upset.

This is their response to that particular sentiment, as well as an eloquent articulation of what has happened over the past 70 days.

It is reprinted with permission and was originally posted here.]

We are living an American Horror Story.

The unlawful slaughter of black bodies by the hands of power has continued day after day, year after year, century after century, life by precious life, since before the first chain was slipped around black wrists.

Black youth, brimming with untapped potential, but seen as worthless and unimportant. Black activists, stalwart in pursuit of liberation, but perceived as perpetual threats to order and comfort. Black men, truly and earnestly clinging to our dignity, written off as the ravenous, insatiable black savage. Black women, always unflinchingly running toward our freedom, dismissed as bitter and angry after long denial and suffering.

Not one group of us has been spared from the bullet or the beating, too many armed only with our Blackness, left to live this American Horror Story.

The story has come alive once again in Ferguson. Ours were the bodies, the strange fruit that swung from the poplar trees. Ours were the bodies, the motionless forms stretched out in the street for 4.5 hours. Ours were the bodies, left to be seen to rot as warnings against being too uppity, too confident, too bold, too free. Ours were the bodies, served up as notice to remain humbly and quietly in our place, never to awaken America’s fear of Blackness.

(Snip)

And on...and on....and on...and on...and on....

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My calender must be wrong. It says Oct. 18 2014, when it must be Oct. 18 1914.

• Like 1