Coffee Shop

Rheo

Viguerie: Governor Rick Perry’s Friends Are The Enemies Of Conservatives

http://www.conservativehq.com/node/18132

“Tell me who you walk with and I’ll tell you who you are” is an aphorism that many movement conservatives have come to believe through the hard experience of watching establishment Republican candidates for president surround themselves with inside-the-Beltway mercenaries who despise conservatives, run content-free campaigns and lose the election.

From my email

Dear Dick

Thank you so much for your input. Rest assured I will give it all the consideration it so richly deserves.

I figured this would tweak your politico-mindset, @Valin!

Maybe you like posts better, "Dick"-less?

IMO- voting in the representation of a constituency should [ideally] be unhindered by outside influence.....whether it's double voting, dead voting, racist propaganda, paying Democrappic black voters to vote in Republican primaries; or any other underhanded attempts by Progressives, Conservatives, RINO's or Tea Partiers to influence outcomes.

The same thing occurred when Prog Billionaire Stoyer influenced the Terry McAuliffe, by funding Libertarian Sarvis to siphon off votes from Cuccinelli.

This type of politic has become "business as usual" and the decaying stench of rot in our election process is not just gagging us.....it is disenfranchising us.

The fact that Perry chooses these people that operate in this unethical way....says a lot more about him than just "wanting to win."

If it doesn't, then we're good with the lame jackass we've got as pResident now.

SrWoodchuck

IMO- voting in the representation of a constituency should [ideally] be unhindered by outside influence.

Unhindered by outside influences? Could you point to a time when something like this happened?

SrWoodchuck

IMO- voting in the representation of a constituency should [ideally] be unhindered by outside influence.

Unhindered by outside influences? Could you point to a time when something like this happened?

You pick 4 words in my reply? I stated an opinion. I don't need to provide any specifics.

Did you not see:

A.) IMO = In My Opinion

B.) [ideally].......................in my post?

ide·al adjective \ī-ˈdē(-ə)l, ˈī-ˌ\ : exactly right for a particular purpose, situation, or person

Full Definition of IDEAL

1: existing as an archetypal idea

2a : existing as a mental image or in fancy or imagination only; broadly : lacking practicality

b : relating to or constituting mental images, ideas, or conceptions

3a : of, relating to, or embodying an ideal <ideal beauty>

b : conforming exactly to an ideal, law, or standard : perfect <an ideal gas> — compare real 2b(3)

4: of or relating to philosophical idealism

Breaking: Democratic Senator Caught In A Big Scandal That Could Help The GOP Take The Senate http://www.westernjournalism.com/breaking-big-new-problem-sen-mary-landrieu-cause-nightmares-harry-reids-dems/?utm_source=MailChimp&utm_medium=email&utm_content=top-story&utm_campaign=DailyEmail08.29.14

It’s the sort of thorny political problem that’s popped the campaign balloons of other lawmakers seeking re-election — the residency question…where does the candidate actually live? It’s also the kind of issue that could help decide not only who is elected to the Senate from Louisiana, but also which party controls the upper chamber after the mid-terms.

The campaign of embattled Democrat Senator Mary Landrieu is in full damage control mode. Major news organizations — The New York Times, CNN, and USAToday–are picking up on the story first reported by the Washington Post – serious questions raised about Sen. Landrieu’s residency…does she, in fact, live in Louisiana, the state she represents?

The original Post story notes that Landrieu and her husband live in a multi-million-dollar mansion near the Capitol in Washington, D.C. — declared in regulatory documents filed by the senator. However, Sen. Landrieu’s voter registration reportedly lists as her residence a home in New Orleans owned by her parents.

Here in Louisiana, however, the Democrat does not have a home of her own. She is registered to vote at a large bungalow in New Orleans that her parents have lived in for many decades, according to a Washington Post review of Landrieu’s federal financial disclosures and local property and voting records.

On a statement of candidacy Landrieu filed with the Federal Election Commission in January, she listed her Capitol Hill home as her address. But when qualifying for the ballot in Louisiana last week, she listed the family’s raised-basement home here on South Prieur Street.

The New Orleans house, which Landrieu claims as her primary residence, is a new flash point in one of the most closely contested Senate races in the country. Republicans are considering taking legal action to question Landrieu’s residency in the state, arguing that since winning her seat in 1996 she has become a creature of Washington.

Scissors-32x32.png

Via my email

Cyber_Liberty

Viguerie: Governor Rick Perry’s Friends Are The Enemies Of Conservatives

http://www.conservativehq.com/node/18132

“Tell me who you walk with and I’ll tell you who you are” is an aphorism that many movement conservatives have come to believe through the hard experience of watching establishment Republican candidates for president surround themselves with inside-the-Beltway mercenaries who despise conservatives, run content-free campaigns and lose the election.

This week conservatives got the message loud and clear that Texas Governor Rick Perry is not one of us. He joined the inside-the-Beltway political class when he hired Henry Barbour, the shadowy figure allegedly behind infamous race-baiting ads in the recent Mississippi GOP Senate runoff and Steve Schmidt, the brains behind John McCain’s disastrous 2008 presidential bid and the inside operative who trashed Governor Sarah Palin throughout the campaign – and who has made a point of attacking conservative Republicans at every opportunity since.

Here’s what Schmidt said about Mitt Romney’s failure to campaign on conservative principles:

We would have been much better off running against the real President Obama as opposed to the sinister pretend President Obama. And the total lack of credibility with some of this stuff, I think is just absolutely repellent to the middle of the electorate. And then when you look at the demographics, who is Rush Limbaugh talking to? He is talking to a demographic that's white, 65 plus, and rural. It's not what the country looks like anymore. So you have these talk radio hosts making millions and millions and millions of dollars a year driving a message of complete and total ludicrous nonsense into the electorate, a lot of it poisonous.

Steve Schmidt, a close confidant of Karl Rove's, served in the George W. Bush White House as Deputy Assistant to the President. And, in addition to running the losing campaign of John McCain, Schmidt managed the losing campaign of Kentucky Attorney General Will T. Scott, California state Senator Tim Leslie's unsuccessful race for lieutenant governor of California, and he was the communications director for California State Treasurer Matt Fong's unsuccessful campaign to unseat Barbara Boxer. In 1999 he was the communications director for establishment Republican Lamar Alexander's unsuccessful presidential run.

Henry Barbour, the lobbyist nephew of former Mississippi Governor, and RNC Chairman, Haley Barbour is helping Perry recruit staff for his upcoming presidential run. Barbour leads Capitol Resources lobbying efforts in numerous states around the country and claims as two of his areas of expertise “Appropriations” and “PAC Development.”

This no doubt explains why Barbour came to form “Mississippi Conservatives PAC “ the shadowy entity allegedly behind the recruitment of Democrats to vote in the Republican primary through race-baiting robo-calls, race-baiting radio ads, race-baiting fliers, blatant violations of Mississippi election law, improper financial transactions, and old-fashioned “walking around money,” all to benefit Thad Cochran, the likely Chairman of the Senate Appropriations Committee should Republicans recapture the Senate majority.

Barbour’s behavior was so outrageous that it prompted me and a coalition of conservative leaders to demand an investigation and censure of Barbour; among those who signed the letter were Jenny Beth Martin, Chairman, Tea Party Patriots Citizens Fund; Colin Hanna, President, Let Freedom Ring; Tony Perkins, Chairman, FRC Action PAC; L. Brent Bozell, III, Chairman, For America; Matt Kibbe, President, FreedomWorks; Ken Blackwell, Former Ohio Secretary of State and Chairman of SOS4SOS PAC and Drew Ryun Former Director of Grassroots for the Republican National Committee.

Not only has Perry recruited an anti-conservative onto his budding presidential campaign, but he has brought on one of the Tea Party movement’s chief antagonists who was the subject of a recent censure discussion at the Republican National Committee and whose role in the recent Mississippi GOP Senate primary race-baiting scandal may yet prove to be a major embarrassment to Perry as legal challenges to that election move forward.

Hiring Barbour and Schmidt is a stupid choice that we would not expect Rick Perry, the tough-talking Governor of Texas to make given the host of solid conservative political talent with Texas ties.

When you hire a consultant you hire his reputation, strategy and tactics.

Scissors-32x32.png

From my email

Perry became "dead to me" the instant I heard about Steve Schmidt. It's a big "no" to him from here on out.

• Like 1

Cyber_Liberty

IMO- voting in the representation of a constituency should [ideally] be unhindered by outside influence.....whether it's double voting, dead voting, racist propaganda, paying Democrappic black voters to vote in Republican primaries; or any other underhanded attempts by Progressives, Conservatives, RINO's or Tea Partiers to influence outcomes.

In general, I'm inclined to agree with your idealism here. The problem is, the Federal Government has become such an all-encompassing, all-powerful leviathan that it matters to me who wins a US House of Representatives seat in Oregon, or a Senate seat in Louisiana.

I liked things better when I didn't have to care.

• Like 2

In general, I'm inclined to agree with your idealism here. The problem is, the Federal Government has become such an all-encompassing, all-powerful leviathan that it matters to me who wins a US House of Representatives seat in Oregon, or a Senate seat in Louisiana.

I liked things better when I didn't have to care.

@Cyber_Liberty!

It's about more than ideals. It's about conformity to law. All lawful law.

This is an area which has created a chasm between reality & the present political state.

Since the election of 43 over AlGoreManBearPig....which "was decided by the courts"....progressives have ignored the rule of law in politics.

Why are we most worried about illegal immigration/amnesty?

One, the cost of supporting them adds to the all-time high of welfare recipients; and, two, they are meant to be "undocumented Democrats." And why not? Relief from starvation & cartel danger; in exchange for the US taxpayers "free ride" for their vote?

Conservatives are also rolling in the mud of lawless & unethical behavior, too.

Enforce the rule of law at all costs. Repubs have mostly accepted & taken the hit for breaking the law, or bad behavior. Prog-Dems? Not so much. They have to be cast out....and then make their way to the lecture circuit or head of some Prog group. Hell, in Obama's lawless reign...they usually get laterally promoted, go on vacation for a few months or retired to some Political Prog fund group.

Is it "noble" to roll in the gutter & do unethical things to get your candidate elected? What type of person do we then elect to office, that knows the underhanded tactics used to gain election, and then ignores or approves of those tactics? We get the candidate we deserve. We get what we have now. JMO

SrWoodchuck

You pick 4 words in my reply? I stated an opinion. I don't need to provide any specifics.

Did you not see:

A.) IMO = In My Opinion

ide·al adjective \ī-ˈdē(-ə)l, ˈī-ˌ\ : exactly right for a particular purpose, situation, or person

Full Definition of IDEAL

2a : existing as a mental image or in fancy or imagination only; broadly : lacking practicality

b : conforming exactly to an ideal, law, or standard : perfect <an ideal gas> — compare real 2b(3)

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.'

As I have mentioned before we have Ideology and we have Politics, and they mean two different things. In attacking Rick Perry and trying to cast him out into the putter darkness, Richard Viguerie shows which side he falls on. Ideology uber alles. Rick Perry not a Conservative because he hires a guy? huh.png

Cyber_Liberty

@Valin,

In this case, it does give me pause about Perry's credibility as a conservative. This isn't a garden-variety hire, it's a VP job in the cause of electing Perry President. It matters a whole lot that he chose Schmidt, slayer of Palins. That man is poison.

• Like 1

@Valin,

In this case, it does give me pause about Perry's credibility as a conservative. This isn't a garden-variety hire, it's a VP job in the cause of electing Perry President. It matters a whole lot that he chose Schmidt, slayer of Palins. That man is poison.

You have a point. For me it is no where near a deal killer.

Being from Texas and watching Perry over the years he is mostly slick and surrounded by good PR. The Governor job requires very little in Texas and I really don't think he is qualified to be President (well, certainly more than Obama). He will be a weak choice if he gets our nomination.

• Like 3

Cyber_Liberty

@Valin,

You have a point. For me it is no where near a deal killer.

If you knew Schmidt as I know him, it would be. I encourage you to just wait and see what this mofo does. Until then, please don't get short with those of us who are furious at this hire....

• Like 1

Cyber_Liberty

Being from Texas and watching Perry over the years he is mostly slick and surrounded by good PR. The Governor job requires very little in Texas and I really don't think he is qualified to be President (well, certainly more than Obama). He will be a weak choice if he gets our nomination.

Ooops. :)

Ooops. smile.png

Its a long race.

SrWoodchuck

Did you not see:

A.) IMO = In My Opinion

Full Definition of IDEAL

"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.'

As I have mentioned before we have Ideology and we have Politics, and they mean two different things. In attacking Rick Perry and trying to cast him out into the putter darkness, Richard Viguerie shows which side he falls on. Ideology uber alles. Rick Perry not a Conservative because he hires a guy? huh.png

I know you're not being obtuse. We just believe different things.

Politics "as usual" [which you evidently support] will lead to several outcomes....none of which are healthy for us "subjects" of our former Constitutional Republic. At best, we get our twisted jerk elected. That doesn't seem like such a great thing to me.

Ethics in politics is a huge joke.

Accepting your mindset and palliate ethos, doesn't make it right or healthy for America...but maybe it makes it easier for people who feel disenfranchised, to believe that they can trade honor & right living.....for "winning."

If we don't insist on being ethical & obeying the rule of law....it will never happen. Your acceptance is the same as your approval.

There are still only four boxes that matter: Soap, Ballot, Jury & Ammo.

I'll be hoping for Barbour to get tangled in the court challenge in Mississippi....and cause the scandal that drops Perry down the rabbit hole.

WVR!

From the link:

Grill thin slices of pineapple and substitute chocolate for the sweet, warm fruit,” it reads. “You will still get a tasty treat but by substituting with fruit, it is healthier – as long as you watch the amount of marshmallows used. If you want to cut down even more on calories, try using slices of angel food cake instead of graham crackers.”

It offers several other ideas, a possible sign that even the U.S. Forest Service has been caught up in First Lady Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move” campaign.

I thought marshmallows were on the Verboten list from Mooches Mandate for Mankind.....

Illegal Aliens in Boats Storm the Beach in San Diego http://toprightnews.com/?p=5434

Nearly two dozen illegal aliens successfully landed on a San Diego beach in a panga boat on Monday and ran to shore

Around 7am Monday morning, a horde of illegal aliens stormed a San Diego beach after coming ashore in a panga boat. They sprinted across the beach and climbed over a wall, entering the city.

After eyewitnesses called police, seven of the illegal aliens were spotted by helicopter and later apprehended several blocks from the beach. Border agents are still looking for at least ten more who remain at-large, NBC7 in San Diego reported.

They tried this again the very next day, Tuesday, but this time thanks to the photos in the report above, U.S. Customs and Border (CBP) agents were waiting for them.

12 of the first wave of illegals are still unaccounted for, and many residents were asking why it took eyewitness photos and TV report to get border agents to act:

“How many of these boats may have landed in the past weeks or months who haven’t been caught?” one resident asked. “How do we know these are just illegal aliens? What if terrorists are coming in at night? Is there no one to stop them?”

On Tuesday morning, the second panga boat filled with 20 illegal aliens was intercepted about off the coast of San Diego County by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents.

The panga and passengers were taken to the Oceanside Harbor where they were turned over to the U.S. Border Patrol for processing. There were 20 illegal aliens on board, all Mexican nationals except two men from Guatemala and one man from El Salvador.

TopRightNews via iOTW

DIANNY RANTS: Insanity http://alltherightsnark.org/dianny-rants-insanity/

There is a saying oft attributed to Albert Einstein, “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.”

And herein lies the fundamental problem with the Republican Establishment who live by the old childhood bully question, “Why ya hittin’ yerself?! Why ya hittin’ yerself?!”

The GOP Establishment doesn’t need an opposition party. They are more than happy beating up on themselves.

Talk about insanity.

There’s been a lot of talk lately from people like Karl Rove and even the once conservative Congressman Paul Ryan that Mitt Romney should be the 2016 Republican Nominee.

You know. If I need knew tires, I don’t buy retreads.

And Romney is a retread of a retread.

Or, to put it in a Tea Party way of thinking, “Don’t Retread on Me.”

If at first you don’t succeed, do the same thing over and over again and expect different results.

Romney is a dead letter, folks.

The 2012 Presidential Election should have been an easy win for a Republican nominee willing to actually run to win.

Romney was far too timid to call Obama out for the destruction his policies wrought on the nation. He didn’t run to win.

Scissors-32x32.png

What the Republican Establishment fails to grasp is that we actually do have a very nice bench from which to draw our next nominee. Solid, principled Republicans who would have absolutely no problem articulating conservatism. Men and women who could successful exemplify the distinct differences between a Conservative President and whatever Leftist kook the Democrats nominate.

Actually, let me clarify.

The Republican Establishment knows there are men and women who could do that.

But they don’t want it done.

The Republican Establishment has declared war on the GOP base. And, lest we forget, during the 2012 Primaries, Romney used nasty, hateful, slanderous tactics to defeat the other Republican candidates. He did on a national level what Establishment Republicans in the Senate and House have been doing when someone has the audacity to primary them.

And the mean streak of the Establishment has gotten deeper and more overt since then.

Romney would run in the 2016 primaries like a ruthless asshole in order to destroy any other GOP candidates just like he did in 2012, but only worse. Then, whatever Leftist kook the Democrats nominate will be treated with kid gloves by Romney in the General election.

Doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results.

Romney needs to go away and live a quiet life of anonymity.

His time has come and gone. He failed to seize the moment. He failed to make the case.

Honestly, the entire Establishment needs to be sent packing.

The Republican Establishment, like its darling Romney, is rapidly decomposing, rotting from the inside out, becoming useless and irrelevant when the nation is in dire need of conservative leadership and governance.

If we really want to turn this ship of state around and navigate it away from the cliffs Obama and the Democrats have steered it toward for eight years, the very last person we should ask to captain the vessel is a the man whose own ineptitude and timidity ensured four more years of disaster.

That would be insanity.

DiannyRants via iOTW

• Like 1

The Week in Pictures: Strategery Edition
Steven Hayward
August 30, 2014

Yeah, go ahead and mock George W. Bush for his “strategery.” At least he had one—however it was pronewnced. The Chicago Tribune‘s John Kass thinks Obama’s “killer rabbit moment” is surely nigh upon us. May I just point out that Power Line was way ahead of Kass on this one—more than once. But since Obama golfs instead of fishing—playing the angles instead of angling you might say—I’m predicting he’ll get swallowed by a giant Dune-like sandworm emerging from a sand trap out on the course.

By the way, when Jimmy Carter came down from Camp David in 1979 after retreating there for over a week to get his head together, reporters noticed he was parting his hair on the other side of his head, fueling rumors that Carter was suffering nervous exhaustion or something. I think Obama’s fashion-felony tan suit is a signal that he really has packed up his presidency.

xWar-Strategery-copy.jpg,qresize=580,P2C

xObamas-national-securuty-copy.jpg,qresi

(Snip)

xObamas-Evil-copy.jpg,qresize=580,P2C418

xBush-v-Obama-copy.jpg,qresize=402,P2C60

xWho-Crashed-Economy-copy.jpg,qresize=58

(Snip)

xTaxes-My-Way-copy.jpg,qresize=534,P2C37

(Snip)

xClimate-Shaming-copy.jpg,qresize=552,P2

(Snip)

A special feature: our news media at its finest:

xFlying-Bugs-copy.jpg,qresize=449,P2C231

(Snip)

xDiana-Alive-copy.jpg,qresize=497,P2C565

(Snip)

xChick-Assuses-Sexism-copy.jpg,qresize=4

(Snip)

xLoren-Ice-Bucket-1959-copy.jpg,qresize=

Doing the ice bucket challenge before it was cool.

(Snip)

Hot-Coffee-copy.jpg,qresize=505,P2C421.p

(Snip)

Chthuhlu-and-kinkade-copy.jpg,qresize=58

H.P. Lovecraft Meets Thomas Kinkaide

* And finally, by popular request. . .

Hot-Cardinale2-copy.jpg,qresize=407,P2C5

* It is still unclear just who is requesting these.

• Like 4