Coffee Shop

Rheo

WARNING A Large Tumbler of Whiskey or 47 is recommended before hitting play.

@Valin

I'd tell him to "go fly a kite" but he did that on Labor Day & wasn't blown far enough away!

kerry-wind-kiting.jpg

• Like 1

WARNING A Large Tumbler of Whiskey or 47 is recommended before hitting play.

@Valin

I'd tell him to "go fly a kite" but he did that on Labor Day & wasn't blown far enough away!

kerry-wind-kiting.jpg

Mores the pity...mores the pity.

With all due respect, Mr. President, we do not need to make ISIS "manageable". We need to make ISIS "disappear."

But I'm not sure he's really due any respect. Actually, I am sure. He's not.

• Like 2

Hypocrisy? Joe Biden in Detroit pushing union membership while wearing a $650,000 shirt!

http://politicsandfinance.blogspot.com/2014/09/hypocrisy-joe-biden-in-detroit-pushing.html

biden%2Bsebonack.jpg

Joe Biden pandered to a union crowd in Detroit on Labor Day but must have forgotten who is audience was when he got dressed in the morning!

What Biden said on Labor Day to a pro-union crowd was of course populist in nature and spoken as if his name was Joe from Six Pack, USA.

“Why in God's name does someone who makes hundreds of millions managing a hedge fund pay only 15% in taxes, while the average GM worker pays 25% in taxes," Biden asked the thousands of union members who converged on Detroit for the Labor Day festivities. "America has always done best when we act as one America. When we do, the nation succeeds." (Source)

His shirt told a slightly different story, however, as it was from the Sebonack Golf Club in Southampton, Long Island where the initiation fee is a cool $650,000.

'Sebonack Golf Club, which opened for limited play last weekend in Southampton, New York, costs what might be a world-highest $650,000 for a membership that ensures accommodations at one of 15 four-bedroom ``cottages'' being built around the course.

It's $500,000 just for golf.
Scissors-32x32.png

Via TheoSpark

......One Nation....Under Drones.....Flipping Burgers for $10 an hour.....

one%2Bnation%2C%2Bunder%2Bdrones%2C%2Bwi

Via TheoSpark

$10 an hour! That is not a Living Wage for a 40 year old head of household!

one%2Bnation%2C%2Bunder%2Bdrones%2C%2Bwi

Via TheoSpark

@clearvision

Maybe if we flipped burgers with both hands....it'd be worth $20 an hour?

Via TheoSpark

@clearvision

Do they actually even flip burgers any more? I sort get the feeling there is just a conveyer belt moving the burgers thru flame and oil and then the former burger flipper has to actually be able to understand.... JUST MAYO AND LETTUCE and then you hear TOMATO and ONION? OR at least that is what you think you hear.... Any fast food workers are becoming customer service or keep the damn place clean employees. No cooking of any sort involved.

Via TheoSpark

@clearvision

Do they actually even flip burgers any more? I sort get the feeling there is just a conveyer belt moving the burgers thru flame and oil and then the former burger flipper has to actually be able to understand.... JUST MAYO AND LETTUCE and then you hear TOMATO and ONION? OR at least that is what you think you hear.... Any fast food workers are becoming customer service or keep the damn place clean employees. No cooking of any sort involved.

I was always...hands on. Since I "opened" the store....I had to place the frozen beef patties in a cold bin near the grill & then light the puppy up. I went & Binged this:

Does McDonald's fry or steam cook their hamburgers?

I swear, I never smell hamburgers frying on a grill at McDo's. Someone told me they steam the burgers. I have seen them pulling out the burgers out of a drawer and putting them on ...show more

Update : Ok-- so far everyone says they fry the burgers. So, they must pre-fry ...show more

Update 2: Ok, Ms Roxanne. I have ordered the new Angus burgers a few times and I ...show more

Best AnswerAsker's Choice

Roxanne answered 5 years ago

ok, im a manger for McDonald's & we do not steam them, we fry them. we also do not fry them in the am, then freeze them, then microwave them. you don't smell the fry smell because we have good exhaust systems & we steam clean the grills every 3 runs. the meat you see them pulling out is the meat we have just cooked, they are in the holding cabinet for up to 20 min, no longer than that. they are held in the cabinet to help on the service times. (it doesn't always help, but that's another question) the 40 second service time, IS the guide line for how long it should take the employee to take your order, not for you to get your food, if what your looking at is on the register, if your looking at the one that's like by the grill area, where they grab your food, then its the guide line on how long it should take the employee who's getting your food, on to the tray, once they make all your food. hope this answers your question.

the angus meat is a better quality meat, its from the angus breed of cow, <that sounds kinda funny> so thats why it tates more, meatier<?> & why they are more expensive. its like the price difference of a cavalieror the malibu. its an 'upgrade'. so to speak. it also has a garlic seasoning that we put on just for those sandwiches only, its supposed to bring out the flavor. we season the other meat too, just not the garlic. you could ask for the garlic seasoning, it would not be a problem, if you do, dont say garlic, because most 'crew' people dont know whats in it, they just do it, ask for the angus seasoning.

Source:

i have been a mcdonalds employee since 96 & amanger since 97. i think thats reference enough

I did not know it was so hard being a burger flipper..... I would want $20 hour to do what she did... OK actually you couldn't pay me, I'd rather just draw welfare/social security.

I did not know it was so hard being a burger flipper..... I would want $20 hour to do what she did... OK actually you couldn't pay me, I'd rather just draw welfare/social security.

It's amazing....in 1968....I was making the top wage for an "opener" @ McDonalds @ $2.85 an hour...[$2.65 + 20 cent premium]....and the managers were making around $4.00 to [$5.75 an hour-owners son]. The summer before that, I'd worked as a cowboy/line-man on a horse boarding ranch....taking down 100 year old barb wire & putting up new wire over a small foothill called Mt. Vernon. My pay was $.75 [cents] an hour & I worked 10-12 hour days.....but I got to drive a 49 Chevy pickup all over....on the ranch & I ate all my meals at the ranch house. I've never had welfare, assistance...or even gubmint cheese. I may have missed the boat.....

• Like 1

It's amazing....in 1968....I was making the top wage for an "opener" @ McDonalds @ $2.85 an hour..

That was pretty good money in 68...as a starting job.

• Like 1

The Week in Pictures: Obama Gets a Henge Edition

Steven Hayward

September 6, 2014

So Obama visited Stonehenge after his NATO summit in Wales. About time the guy gets down with a henge, don’t you think? Actually, it seems only fitting that this absurd “Spinal Tap” presidency should finally link up with the spot that, as cultural anthropologist Nigel Tufnel put it, surely presages what historians of the far distant future will say about the Obama Administration: “No one knows who they were or what they were doing.”

Obama-stonehenge-copy.jpg,qresize=535,P2

xStartegery-copy.jpg,qresize=580,P2C379.

(Snip)

xObama-Media-copy.jpg,qresize=580,P2C391

(Snip)

xOppose-Sharia-copy.jpg,qresize=580,P2C3

(Snip)

xHillary-Great-Pumpkin-copy.jpg,qresize=

(Snip)

xharmist_denier.jpg,qresize=580,P2C261.p

xGore-Flamethrower-copy.jpg,qresize=580,

(Snip)

xJesus-and-Hipsters-copy.jpg,qresize=391

xDont-zshoot-Foot-copy.jpg,qresize=252,P

(Snip)

xKings-First-Story-copy.jpg,qresize=487,

(Snip)

xVowell-Movement-copy.jpg,qresize=511,P2

(Snip)

xCorrect-a-Woman-copy.jpg,qresize=578,P2

(Snip)

UFO-Caught-on-Tape-copy.jpg,qresize=580,

UFO caught on tape

(Snip)

Coexist-copy.jpg,qresize=580,P2C299.page

All this needs to be perfect is a Firefly/Serenity reference.

Speaking of which:

Jayne-7-copy.jpg,qresize=580,P2C432.page

And finally:

Hot-90-copy.jpg,qresize=406,P2C600.pages

• Like 1

It's amazing....in 1968....I was making the top wage for an "opener" @ McDonalds @ $2.85 an hour..

That was pretty good money in 68...as a starting job.

@Valin

I started at 3:30-4AM every morning....alone.....and I had to stock everything....clean, cut, blanch & store 80-100# of taters....light the grills & the fry oil tanks....mop inside & out....and about 3 of those mornings....I had to jump into the owners car....push him over to the passenger side [he was dead drunk] and park it, take the keys after locking him in....and at 6AM call his son [my manager] to come and get him.