Coffee Shop

Rheo

SrWoodchuck

Video: Illinois Democrat dismisses GOP colleague as “half” a black person

Guy Benson

April 10, 2014

The context for this little chestnut of racial nastiness was a heated floor debate in the Illinois legislature over a proposed education reform bill. The fireworks started when Democratic Representative Linda Chapa LaVia, who is Hispanic, delivered a speech criticizing charter schools. Ms. Chapa LaVia was no doubt casting aspersions on behalf of teachers unions — who’ve contributed heavily to her campaigns, are bankrupting the state, and don’t much care for competition. In defense of the status quo — which traps far too many children, especially children of color, in failing public schools — Chapa LaVia appealed to her fellow minorities within the chamber. In doing so, she took a racial shot at her Republican colleagues, pointedly noting that “we’re all over on this side [of the aisle], right?” That didn’t sit well with some people, including State Representative John Anthony, who is a black Republican (via Champion News):

(Snip)

Why @Valin.....that's half-racist!

Video: Illinois Democrat dismisses GOP colleague as “half” a black person

Guy Benson

April 10, 2014

The context for this little chestnut of racial nastiness was a heated floor debate in the Illinois legislature over a proposed education reform bill. The fireworks started when Democratic Representative Linda Chapa LaVia, who is Hispanic, delivered a speech criticizing charter schools. Ms. Chapa LaVia was no doubt casting aspersions on behalf of teachers unions — who’ve contributed heavily to her campaigns, are bankrupting the state, and don’t much care for competition. In defense of the status quo — which traps far too many children, especially children of color, in failing public schools — Chapa LaVia appealed to her fellow minorities within the chamber. In doing so, she took a racial shot at her Republican colleagues, pointedly noting that “we’re all over on this side [of the aisle], right?” That didn’t sit well with some people, including State Representative John Anthony, who is a black Republican (via Champion News):

(Snip)

Why @Valin.....that's half-racist!

So does that mean when we criticize Glorious Leader we are only 1/2 racist? biggrin.png

• Like 1

As some may know, DIRECTV got rid of Weather Channel for a while and substituted Weather Nation. Weather Nation went on and The Weather Channel left, despite The Weather Channel owners asking subscribers to please tell their congress critters how valuable their channel was.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/04/08/news/companies/directv-weather-channel/index.html

The Weather Channel had lots of complaints deservedly for not showing weather and instead showing Bull Sh&T shows about nothing.

Now the Weather Channel is back as well, their whining must have worked or else someone posted a three some of Al Roker and Pelosi and Reid.

Anyway, this was the weather menu yesterday around 8 pm:

Weather Nation on 361 had guess what:

Real Weather information with real temperatures and radar etc

And the New and Improved Weather Channel on 362 had:

wait for it,

drum roll please,

a documentary from 2008, Locusts gone wild.

• Like 2

clearvision

As some may know, DIRECTV got rid of Weather Channel for a while and substituted Weather Nation. Weather Nation went on and The Weather Channel left, despite The Weather Channel owners asking subscribers to please tell their congress critters how valuable their channel was.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/04/08/news/companies/directv-weather-channel/index.html

The Weather Channel had lots of complaints deservedly for not showing weather and instead showing Bull Sh&T shows about nothing.

Now the Weather Channel is back as well, their whining must have worked or else someone posted a three some of Al Roker and Pelosi and Reid.

Anyway, this was the weather menu yesterday around 8 pm:

Weather Nation on 361 had guess what:

Real Weather information with real temperatures and radar etc

And the New and Improved Weather Channel on 362 had:

wait for it,

drum roll please,

a documentary from 2008, Locusts gone wild.

At least it was not another global warning piece....

I saw this article this morning. My first thought was " No wonder he acts like Bahgdad Bob"

press secretary's tie costs ($135). huh.png I'm sorry (actually I'm not sorry) I have a problem with this. Why would anyone with an IQ 4 points higher than a flatworm pay $135.00 for A tie? OTOH I may just have answered my question.

• Like 1

The Week in Pictures: Names, Claims, and Autonubiles

Steven Hayward

4/12/14

A few readers haveshall I sayobserved that while this humble weekly feature ends with armed cheesecake, we arent offering up any gender balance, which is only right to correct since indeed we dont want to be known as just a laddies site, as theyd say in the UK. So were going to start fixing this asymmetry. And since its the Masters tournament this weekend, we can begin by following up on last weeks parting pic:

580x297xGolf-Digest-Parody-copy-600x308.

(Snip)

461x324xObamacare-Recall-copy.jpg.pagesp

(Snip)

478x600xCar-on-Wire-copy-478x600.jpg.pag

Somehow, Im sure, Obamacare caused this.

(Snip)

599x456xProgressive-Free-Speech-copy.jpg

550x395xMozilla-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Uz

(Snip)

454x355xMagnesium-Dating-copy.jpg.pagesp

580x387xSelfie-World-copy-600x401.jpg.pa

(Snip)

597x558xDrunk-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ucRp

(Snip)

401x291xRude-Bikers-copy.jpg.pagespeed.i

And finally. . .

404x600xHot-87-copy-404x600.jpg.pagespee

• Like 1

This is old--from August, 2012--but is still good! Dr. Bellar was running again for state senate in Illinois and spoke at a Romney rally. She released the one-sentence diatribe on Obamacare on YouTube which which has had 3.6 million views.

Her contract was not renewed by her employer, MetroSouth Medical Center in Chicago which she believes was a direct result of her anti-Obamacare video.

IMO, she certainly has an impressive biography.

• Like 3

This is old--from August, 2012--but is still good! Dr. Bellar was running again for state senate in Illinois and spoke at a Romney rally. She released the one-sentence diatribe on Obamacare on YouTube which which has had 3.6 million views.

Her contract was not renewed by her employer, MetroSouth Medical Center in Chicago which she believes was a direct result of her anti-Obamacare video.

RACIST! SEXIST! SPECIESIST! tongue.png

• Like 1

Because 12-Year-Olds Really Need to Know This Stuff

Part of a Sex Education Conference for Middle Schoolers brought to you by the State of Oregon and Planned Parenthood*

adolescent_sex_conference.jpg

(Snip)

At the risk of sounding like a prudish old geezer....I've got some problems with this!

for middle school I've got a whole lot of problems with this

• Like 1

Because 12-Year-Olds Really Need to Know This Stuff

Part of a Sex Education Conference for Middle Schoolers brought to you by the State of Oregon and Planned Parenthood*

adolescent_sex_conference.jpg

(Snip)

At the risk of sounding like a prudish old geezer....I've got some problems with this!

for middle school I've got a whole lot of problems with this

Planned Parenthood Baby killers trolling for business.

• Like 3

FYI She Got fired

Her contract was not renewed by her employer, MetroSouth Medical Center in Chicago which she believes was a direct result of her

FYI She Got fired

Yep, I know she was fired, she knows she was fired, but MetroSouth said, "her contract was not renewed." That way they believe they are legally safe. I could not find anything further as to whether she followed up with litigation.

Her contract was not renewed by her employer, MetroSouth Medical Center in Chicago which she believes was a direct result of her

FYI She Got fired

Yep, I know she was fired, she knows she was fired, but MetroSouth said, "her contract was not renewed." That way they believe they are legally safe. I could not find anything further as to whether she followed up with litigation.

I did a quick look and could not find out what she is up to now.

• Like 1

FYI

Free Mafia Books Available Now on Amazon Kindle

Sunday, April 13, 2014

As of now, the below listed Kindle ebooks were available from Amazon.com for free. But please double check that they are still free before you purchase:

Mobsters, Gangs, Crooks and Other Creeps-Volume 1 - New York City

Collection of true crime stories dating back to 1800s

R.I.C.O.

When 12-year-old Dmitri Burkes father is murdered, he provides a steady income for his family by running numbers for Mafia boss, Paul DAnnunzio. His plans to establish his own crime family are derailed when he takes a murder rap for his boss.

Night of the Assassin

Framed against the backdrop of present-day Mexico's brutal narco-trafficking violence, Night of the Assassin chronicles the making of a monster - a cold-blooded, ruthless killing machine. Raw, disturbing, edgy and unflinching, this epic saga defies convention to create a roller-coaster of intrigue, suspense and thrills that will leave even the most jaded thriller aficionados gasping for breath.

Malavita (Blood and Honor)

Enrico Lucchesi never wanted anything to do with the Mafia. But when his brothers were murdered, he accepted that he would someday be the next don. However, he doesnt accept that he must marry the daughter of the man who killed them. Enrico will never trust an Andretti, never mind love one. The Andrettis are up to something with their so-called truceand Enrico must avenge his siblings. But will his dark secret spell the end of his vengeanceand possibly the Lucchesis?

After Antonella Andrettis father tries to destroy the Lucchesis, she persuades him that an allianceachieved by her marriage to Enrico, the golden boy shes loved from afarwould be in everyones best interests. As her wedding day approaches, people close to her father start dying, and her fiancés behavior is suspect. When she learns Enricos true feelings about herand what her fathers actual plans arewill Antonella damn their families to eternal war, or will she broker a peace that might destroy her heart?

(Snip)

Free Books, are a good thing!

• Like 1