Coffee Shop

Rheo

SrWoodchuck

BTW- If you are considering buying investment gold/silver to keep....it's been said that buying gold & silver rings is better....although I prefer to stock up on ammo....which will be worth more than gold as a trade commodity if TSHF. I wish I'd bought thousands of rounds of .22 caliber....as that would have been a prime opportunity. Still...12 gauge shells are good.

• Like 1

In Bridget's defense......part of the problem with gold is that.....it's been "over-sold".....meaning that unless you have it in your hand.....all you have is a "promise-to-pay" you your gold....from the "entity" that is"holding it for you." Sounds like the dollar, doesn't it?

Gold being a finite quantity....the people selling it have to make money, and if they can sell it a couple of times, without having to actually give it up....they can keep adding zeroes to their bank accounts. Several large governments {Germany especially} have requested it's stored gold back from US vaults.....only to be told, "Gee, where did we put your 54,000 gold bars?"

What got me was the question she asked..."What Backs Up Gold?" huh.png

• Like 3

SrWoodchuck

@SrWoodchuck

Freeze dried coffee might also make your barter list WTSHTF, see this guy

Bartering: Caffeine, Nicotine, and Kerosene

also see

http://rense.com/general71/100.htm

@Pepper

I'd like to find some freeze-dried water.....since it is the one thing I'm not near. In the mean time.....I still need to get some "Life-straws" for being able to drink whatever comes down or flows by......

http://www.amazon.com/Vestergaard-Frandsen-527950-LifeStraw-Personal-Filter/dp/B006QF3TW4/ref=sr_1_1

/177-1394186-8305801?ie=UTF8&qid=1396898765&sr=8-1&keywords=life+straws

41n5tg45TFL._SL160_.jpg

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

Michelle Obama's New Government Mandated "Progressive Values Meal":

mcdonalds%252520mini%252520meal%25255B6%

Pic via MichellesMirror

Edited to add: Same price....but they feel better about it!

Edited by SrWoodchuck

Rob Lowe has it really tough

I feel your pain pal!

Oh, that is sad. I feel sorry for Rob. It reminds me of the comment Gwennyth Paltrow made about how much harder her job is than women who have predictable work schedules. Those people really do live on another planet. Being a "star" means you get to say dumb things and people actually do pay attention.

• Like 1

Rob Lowe has it really tough

I feel your pain pal!

Oh, that is sad. I feel sorry for Rob. It reminds me of the comment Gwennyth Paltrow made about how much harder her job is than women who have predictable work schedules. Those people really do live on another planet. Being a "star" means you get to say dumb things and people actually do pay attention.

old_man_tattoos.jpg?w=510

I know exactly what Rob is talkin bout!

SrWoodchuck

Tuesday, April 08, 2014
Islam Is What Happens When Civilization Loses http://sultanknish.blogspot.com/2014/04/islam-is-what-happens-when-civilization.html

Saudi Arabia and Qatar aren't talking to each other. Syria and Turkey are shooting at each other. Not only are the Shiites and Sunnis killing each other in Syria, but the Sunni groups have been killing each other for some time now. There are even two or three Al Qaedas fighting each other over which of them is the real Al Qaeda while, occasionally, denying that they are the real Al Qaeda.

There's something about Syria that splits down everything and everyone. Even Hamas had to split between its political and military wings when choosing between Iran's weapons and Qatar's money. Doing the logical thing, the military wing took the weapons and the political wing took the money so that the military wing of Hamas supported Assad and its political wing supported the Sunni opposition.

It's not however money and weapons that splits Muslims over Syria. Money and weapons are only the symbols. What they represent is Islam. And what Islam represents is the intersection between identity and power.

Scissors-32x32.png

The Middle East is full of flags, but most are minor variations on the same red, green, black and white theme. The difference between the Palestinian flag and the Jordanian flag is a tiny asterisk on the chevron representing the unity of the Arab peoples.

The Iraqi, Syria and Egyptian flags differ in that the Egyptian flag has an eagle sitting on its white strip and the Iraqi flag had three green stars (now it only has Allahu Akbar) while the Syrian flag has two green stars. The Iraqi flag was originally the same as the Jordanian and Palestinian flags. So are most of the flags in the region which are based on the Arab Revolt flag which was in turn based on the colors of the Caliphates.

Every time you see the Al Qaeda "black flag" of Jihad, it's already represented in the black stripes on the flags of every Arab nation. What Al Qaeda has done is strip out the other colors representing the various succeeding caliphates and gone back all the way to the black of Mohammed's war flag.

(Mohammed hadn't originated the black flag. Like the rest of Islam, it was a tribal adaptation. Black had been the color of the headdresses worn into battle. It symbolized revenge. As a warlord, Mohammed often wore black. Black came to symbolize Islam, the color which does not change, for the religion that does not change. Impermeable, offering no illumination or light.)

Scissors-32x32.png

The rise of Islam is a striving for an era before nations and before whatever remnants of civilization accreted to the Mohammedan conquerors over the years. It's a desire for pre-civilization, for the raid, the noble savage and the twilight of morality. It's a heroic myth dressed up as a religion cloaking the naked savagery of it all.

Islam rose out of the death of the Roman Empire. It's rising now out of the death of the West, but it would be a mistake to call that a clash of civilizations when it’s civilization succumbing to barbarism. Western civilization has grown degenerate and the only things resembling civilization that the other side has, it has borrowed from the same civilization that it is preying on.

Scissors-32x32.png

Islam can't unite Syria. It can't even unite Sunni Islamists. It can't even unite those Salafis who identify with Al Qaeda.

It can't unite, because Islam is a disruptive force that achieves its unity through violence. It's a supremacist ideology whose final solution is always the sword. Mohammed won his debates by killing his enemies. A rising Islam is forcing Christians out of the Middle East while obsessively hurling its force against the Jewish State. But it doesn't end there. A religion that can't co-exist with other religions... also can't co-exist with itself.

How do Muslims settle religious arguments with each other? The same way they settle them with Jews and Christians. That is what we are seeing in Syria.

Scissors-32x32.png

Islam is the conscious abandonment of civilization and co-existence for the nomadic life of the Jihadi who drifts from place to place, his weapons on his back, destroying cities and farms, taking anything and anyone he likes, and moving on to the next fight and the next burning city.

The Jihadist is at war with civilization, with the city, the family and the settled way of existence. He is a nomadic raider rolling back time to pre-history.

Scissors-32x32.png

Kirsten Dunst's gender roles comments spark controversy: ‘You need a man to be a man and a woman to be a woman’
The ‘Spider-Man’ actress’s comments have been slammed by pro-feminist thought websites such as Jezebel, The Gloss and Uproxx.
Chiderah Monde
April 8, 2014

Kirsten Dunst isn't exactly waving the feminist flag — and apparently that makes some people angry.

The "Spider-Man" actress, 31, graces the cover of Harper's Bazaar UK for its May issue and offered her take on traditional gender roles during an interview with the mag.

"I feel like the feminine has been a little undervalued," she said, according to Us Weekly.

"We all have to get our own jobs and make our own money, but staying at home, nurturing, being the mother, cooking — it's a valuable thing my mom created."

Dunst added that sometimes "you need your knight in shining armor."

(Snip)
ohmy.pngSomething Must Be done about this sort of evil thought!

CNN Breaking News...

Must be big ... 72 point HEADLINES

Plane detects possible signal

(CNN's close air support for a failing president and administration)

• Like 1

Video: Illinois Democrat dismisses GOP colleague as “half” a black person
Guy Benson
April 10, 2014

The context for this little chestnut of racial nastiness was a heated floor debate in the Illinois legislature over a proposed education reform bill. The fireworks started when Democratic Representative Linda Chapa LaVia, who is Hispanic, delivered a speech criticizing charter schools. Ms. Chapa LaVia was no doubt casting aspersions on behalf of teachers unions — who’ve contributed heavily to her campaigns, are bankrupting the state, and don’t much care for competition. In defense of the status quo — which traps far too many children, especially children of color, in failing public schools — Chapa LaVia appealed to her fellow minorities within the chamber. In doing so, she took a racial shot at her Republican colleagues, pointedly noting that “we’re all over on this side [of the aisle], right?” That didn’t sit well with some people, including State Representative John Anthony, who is a black Republican (via Champion News):

(Snip)