Coffee Shop

Rheo

Jul 1, 2013

Mark Dice talks with California beach goers about the 4th of July and finds that many Americans simply don't know WHY we celebrate the 4th of July or what country we declared independence from.

Yes you should be having this shooting pain in your head right now.

I only hope (Please Dear God) this vid was very Heavily edited.

And the area for interviews carefully chosen. I mean, California beach goers....?

One of the things history teaches us is...Something Always Happens. 6,000 years of recorded history, all the different societies, cultures, forms of rule, none of it works, Something..Always..Happens. Some where along the line someone screws up and the whole thing collapses. A modern example the housing bubble collapsed, best of intention when the community reinvestment act started, but some where someone in 2007 said, the price of that house is too much I'm not paying that, or one loan too many was defaulted on, and the whole thing collapsed.

In this case we see the sin of Greed, greed on the part of some in government for power, by the bankers/speculators of easy profits, the buyers for more home than they could afford.

Something Always Happens. At that point Reality kicks in. As the old saying goes Reality Is A Bi*ch.

• Like 2

clearvision

Iran swimmer says record denied over unIslamic costume

7/4/13

TEHRAN (AFP) An Iranian woman has claimed that the authorities in the Islamic republic have denied her a free water swimming record after saying that her costume failed to meet the standards of sharia law.

Elham Asghari, 32, who also teaches swimming, says she swam 18 kilometres (just over 11 miles) in eight hours in the Caspian Sea in northern Iran on June 11 off a "women only" beach.

The sports ministry refused to approve the record, saying she was not wearing an approved costume under sharia (Islamic) law, Asghari said in a video posted on YouTube after the swim.

(Snip)

I was going to post a You Tube. But on second thought and given this is a family friendly site, and well let's be honest, it got my really....stimulated.

Click here But be warned.

I guess we don't have to worry about the Iranian women's swim team at the Olympics.

The Week in Pictures: Walk Like an Egyptian

Steven Hayward

7/6/13

Obama began his week at the wrong end of the African continent from where the really important action is taking place, which is emblematic of his entire presidency. Wheres his faculty room confidence about being on the right side of history now? Maybe the time has come for Americans to start to Walk Like an Egyptian.

580x382xWalk-Like-Egyptians-copy-600x396

580x468xDespots-copy-600x485.jpg.pagespe

(Snip)

496x600xObama-Returns-copy-496x600.jpg.p

(Snip)

502x309xUnserious-Obama-copy.jpg.pagespe

(Snip)

499x411xMission-Accomplished-copy.jpg.pa

Mission Accomplished?

(Snip)

521x546xUndocumented-Guns-copy.jpg.pages

(Snip)

449x600xBooze-Calculus-copy-449x600.jpg.

(Snip)

365x600xVitamin-Donuts-copy-365x600.jpg.

Proof there is a God...and he wants me to be happy.

• Like 2

clearvision

Korean airliner (777) crashed at San Francisco Airport. Appears tail hit end of runway at water's edge, broke off and plane hit hard and spun. Then there was a fire. Looks like alot of people may have got off before the fire and the rear of the passenger cabin was intact to at least right after read doors.

Korean airliner (777) crashed at San Francisco Airport. Appears tail hit end of runway at water's edge, broke off and plane hit hard and spun. Then there was a fire. Looks like alot of people may have got off before the fire and the rear of the passenger cabin was intact to at least right after read doors.

Reports: 2 dead in San Francisco airport crash

SAN FRANCISCO -- An Asiana Airlines flight from Seoul crashed on landing at San Francisco's airport Saturday, forcing passengers to escape the aircraft using inflatable emergency exit slides. Two people were reported killed and 61 injured.

Images from the scene showed smoke billowing from the plane and emergency exits open from the plane's fuselage, with the tail separated from the aircraft. Gaping holes could be seen in the roof of the plane's body, blackened by fire.

(Snip)

Poor Eddy All Dressed up and no place to go. sad.png

And me being fresh out of sympathy, wouldn't ya know it.

What a dope. It would have been so much fun to be a hero.

pollyannaish

Somebody.....'splain......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvu0sjhfTX8&feature=player_embedded

Via iOTW

That is a well acted and crafted video! Proof...do you ever see half a person on the top landing and the other half on the bottom landing?

This is a great video for illustrating how reality can be distorted on film. Thanks! I will use that in my teaching!

Edited to add: it doesn't mean that someone being in both places at the same time couldnt appear to happen by the way. It just means the editing in something like that would be intense and you'd have a very high likelihood of giving the truck away.

pollyannaish

The more I think about the more brilliant it is! I love how they call it an illusion, which it is, but try to create the illusion that it is an architectural illusion, not a filmography illusion, :)

• Like 2

SIGH And we all had such high hopes for him. Maybe he can get a job at McDonald's in Moscow.

SrWoodchuck

SIGH And we all had such high hopes for him. Maybe he can get a job at McDonald's in Moscow.

Maybe he can get a job at [ the Airport ] McDonald's in Moscow.

Maybe he can get a job at [ the Airport ] McDonald's in Moscow.

He has another option. There are I believe direct flights from Moscow to beautiful scenic Pyongyang. evil1.gif

This put a smile on my face and hope it does the same for you.

Once you get past the two DipSquat bookends in this picture...

... get a load of George HW Bush's socks!

He's obviously very proud to display them in this historic photo.

802BF5EA-C0A7-4855-B8F3-F32BA933B94A-872

This is the cover of RM's alumni magazine from SMU.

• Like 3

saveliberty

Sermon 652 : Boasting in the Cross : 14th Sunday in Ordinary Time

7/7/2013

http://63fea04d300e4558ea4c-7f2564cdb569320767c0732ede0c8483.r35.cf1.rackcdn.com/652.mp3
Please click the play button above to listen now.

St. Paul tells us in our second reading that he boasts in the cross of Jesus. To any of his hearers in the first century this would have sounded like madness. Paul can boast in this shameful thing precisely because God has raised Jesus from death and thereby placed the world-the realm of hatred, violence, and division-under judgment. Now we must have the courage to leave the world and enter into the new creation which is the body of Christ.

Download MP3 File (Right-Click, Save Link As…) | readings | podcast

@NCTexan

Thank you ever soooo much for that picture. wacko.png

@Valin

Glad I could be of assistance today. Here's an image that's guaranteed to last you though the night!

gay-pride-parade.jpg