Coffee Shop

Rheo

SrWoodchuck

@Valin! From the link & Nathan Monk's letter:

My wife and I have opened a fund on Indigogo for anyone who would like to help support us in this time of extreme uncertainty. Your prayers, positive energy, support, and love is needed now so very deeply.

Very few Catholic priests have wives....of either gender. I have the privilege of working with one in my prison ministry. Previously married and an Anglican priest....he was allowed under a John Paul II & a special program....to convert & become a Roman Catholic priest.

The principle, as you stated above....is the same. Rights not used & defended....can be lost.

Edited to add: Fr. Nathan Monk was a Catholic priest, who converted to the Russian Orthodox Catholic faith. He & his wife are pictured here:

1351746136.png

Edited by SrWoodchuck

saveliberty

I have known parts of this story, but not the full story as told by the medical doctor, who was an atheist before this started. He is now Catholic.

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

Thank You from Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus & Michelle Knight

Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight would like to say thank you to people from Cleveland and across the world who have offered support to them. They are extremely grateful for the tremendous outpouring of kindness they have received and wished to put voices and faces to their heartfelt messages with this video.

The women still maintain a strong desire for privacy and ask that everyone continue to respect their wishes in that regard going forward. Thank you.

VIDEO INFORMATION:

:00 - :33 Amanda Berry (Survivor)
:43 - :47 Gina DeJesus (Survivor)
:49 - 1:08 Felix DeJesus (Gina's Father)
1:09 -- 1:43 Nancy Ruiz (Gina's Mother)
1:48 -- 3:30 Michelle Knight (Survivor)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG0WePdZoxg&feature=player_embedded

Via iOTW

• Like 2

Thank You from Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus & Michelle Knight

Amanda Berry, Gina DeJesus and Michelle Knight would like to say thank you to people from Cleveland and across the world who have offered support to them. They are extremely grateful for the tremendous outpouring of kindness they have received and wished to put voices and faces to their heartfelt messages with this video.

The women still maintain a strong desire for privacy and ask that everyone continue to respect their wishes in that regard going forward. Thank you.

VIDEO INFORMATION:

:00 - :33 Amanda Berry (Survivor)

:43 - :47 Gina DeJesus (Survivor)

:49 - 1:08 Felix DeJesus (Gina's Father)

1:09 -- 1:43 Nancy Ruiz (Gina's Mother)

1:48 -- 3:30 Michelle Knight (Survivor)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG0WePdZoxg&feature=player_embedded

Via iOTW

These women are just amazing.

• Like 1

News You Can Use! Beans Beans the musical fruit division.

ohmy.png Did our tax dollars pay for this test?!

You're not one of those extremest anti-science right winger are you? smile.png

This is sure to go down as one of the most important discoveries in the history of science.

I mean we are talking the copernican revolution of flatulation!

Boycott Enders Game because Orson Scott Card hates gay people and want to see them all killed...or something.

OTOH

"Ender's Game is an '"unfilmable" book, not because of too much violence but because everything takes place in Ender's head."

Orson Scott Card

I strongly suspect we will see another Starship Trooper. Which is only vaguely watchable if A. you're 14 years old B. never read the book.

But that's just my opinion...even though its right, as all right thinking people must acknowledge.

Jul 8, 2013

Mark Dice asks California beach goers if they'll sign a petition showing support for Obama in his quest to repeal the Bill of Rights.

Like I tell friends and family we have no shortage of idiots. The last guy at least said no way, wonder how many he had to go through to find him

It is impossible to post anything in The Coffee Shop that would shock me anymore.

The events and people that I've seen recently convince me that The Onion is now our most reliable hard news source.

the-onion-logo.jpg

Jul 8, 2013

Mark Dice asks California beach goers if they'll sign a petition showing support for Obama in his quest to repeal the Bill of Rights.

Like I tell friends and family we have no shortage of idiots. The last guy at least said no way, wonder how many he had to go through to find him

Maybe its just me approaching geezerhood, but it appears there are more and more of them everyday.

Actor Jeff Daniels To Piers Morgan: Second Amendment Was From "A Different Time"

PIERS MORGAN: What about self-defense, guns, the right of an American to carry one in the first place in that situation and to use it, and potentially he may well walk away a freeman?

JEFF DANIELS: Yes, well, I'm one of the guys that goes back to the Second Amendment and just goes, you know what, it was a different time and now we're into the Sandy Hooks and the -- you know, all of that and whatever happened between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin that night, only they know.

(Snip)

Read some damn History you ignorant boobs!

AAGGGHHHHH wallbash.gif

• Like 1

Actor Jeff Daniels To Piers Morgan: Second Amendment Was From "A Different Time"

PIERS MORGAN: What about self-defense, guns, the right of an American to carry one in the first place in that situation and to use it, and potentially he may well walk away a freeman?

JEFF DANIELS: Yes, well, I'm one of the guys that goes back to the Second Amendment and just goes, you know what, it was a different time and now we're into the Sandy Hooks and the -- you know, all of that and whatever happened between George Zimmerman and Trayvon Martin that night, only they know.

(Snip)

Read some damn History you ignorant boobs!

AAGGGHHHHH wallbash.gif

History? Those were different times. blink.png

DON'T get me started!!! smile.png Unless you want a 40 page rant!

I wonder if Jeff has ever heard of Northfield Mn., Coffyville Ks., El Paso Tx., Tomstone Az.....etc. The wild west was called the wild west for a very good reason, and there were excellent reasons why so many towns at that time banned the carrying of firearms inside town limits.

What Piers Morgan doesn't know, but insists on talking about, would fill a very large book...small print.

• Like 3

SrWoodchuck

DON'T get me started!!! smile.png Unless you want a 40 page rant!

I wonder if Jeff has ever heard of Northfield Mn., Coffyville Ks., El Paso Tx., Tomstone Az.....etc. The wild west was called the wild west for a very good reason, and there were excellent reasons why so many towns at that time banned the carrying of firearms inside town limits.

What Piers Morgan doesn't know, but insists on talking about, would fill a very large book...small print.

@Valin! How about the "Battle of Athens, Tennessee?" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Athens_%281946%29

It's where we're headed if we can't vote out the corruption [iMO]

BTW: The Four Boxes of Liberty are......Soap, Ballot, Jury & Ammo.

Edited by SrWoodchuck

@SrWoodchuck

Guns are not the problem, firearms are things...objects. they can (and have) been used for good (stopping a robbery or rape, or Battle of Athens, Tennessee, protecting our freedom) or bad things (committing the same), this is what the gun control crowd can't seem to get their (so called) minds around. The problem is and has been since the beginning time history, bad people doing bad things to other people. What we see in cases like Sandy Hook is a person who everyone around him (it is generally young males) knew this person was nuts and a ticking time bomb, and no one could do anything to stop him.

IMHO

There is only one solution. I refer of course to the "Comprehensive Bi-Partisan Anti-Bad Things Bill of 2013". In addition I think we should get the United Nations and the world community involved. Just think Bad Thinks outlawed all over the world! rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

SrWoodchuck

Interesting info on the man running for NY Comptroller:

SPITZER'S OTHER CRIMES http://stonezone.com/

Eliot Spitzer has decided to jump back into the political arena. This calls for a review of his entire record of illegal activities far beyond his dalliance with call-girls. Far from being the "Sheriff of Wall Street" Spitzer was a bully and blackmail artist who abused his power to destroy his enemies while major Spitzer donors engaged in illegal Wall Street antics but were given a pass. Spitzer has neither the temperament or honesty to be trusted with public office.

Spitzer financed two campaigns for Attorney General with more than $9 million in illegal loans from his billionaire father. He lied to the New York Times and the New York Daily News repeatedly denying the existence of the loans. He also perjured himself in a civil suit in which he denied the existence of the loans under oath. He ultimately admitted the illegal transactions but only after obtaining the shield of the New York Attorney's office.

Spitzer clearly also ordered the use of State resources in his effort to utilize the state police to spy on former Republican Senate Majority Leader Joe Bruno and fabricate documents to discredit the Republican. The use of State's resources for political purposes is a felony.

Spitzer violated the Mann Act transporting a prostitute over five state lines for a tryst at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington, DC. Evidentially, there are no hookers in the District of Columbia. In 2009, a Republican New York State Supreme Court Judge was convicted of violating the Mann Act when he transported a hooker from Buffalo to a judicial conference in Frankfort, KY. While I understand the need to import amusement to a town like Frankfort, I must question why the Judge went to prison and rich boy Eliot Spitzer walked.

Spitzer also blackmailed executives at Marsh McLennan into acquiring Spitzer's private investigative firm Kroll and Associates at an inflated price many of millions of dollars more than it true value as a condition of settlement of charges against them and hiring Spitzer crony Michael Cherkasky as their new CEO. Cherkasky, a bungler bereft of insurance industry experience, bailed out with a $30 million golden parachute, which seems funny when you consider that Spitzer pursued NYSE Chair Grasso for excess compensation.

Spitzer also violated Federal money laundering laws....Scissors-32x32.png

Reveling in his reputation as "Sheriff of Wall Street," Spitzer excelled only at blackmailing businessmen into guilty pleas with the threat of ruining their company's stock value through leak and investigation. When it came to going to court, Spitzer was not so good - he lost more than 80% of his prosecutions against those stout enough to go to trial in the face of his bully tactics.

Scissors-32x32.png