I Terrorist dead, Shoot out in Watertown

righteousmomma

What is frustrating is the talking heads just keep saying the same thing over and over and over and over......

Bobbleheads.

saveliberty

What is frustrating is the talking heads just keep saying the same thing over and over and over and over......

Interviewing a resident who is relieved that they are closer to a resolution.

Be careful what you wish for. We don't know how this will end.

why don't they just lob some gas in there and force him out, certainly want the jerk alive

Tear gag grenades cause heat and fire. + it really only works in a confined space.

why don't they just lob some gas in there and force him out, certainly want the jerk alive

Tear gag grenades cause heat and fire. + it really only works in a confined space.

true I thought he was in the boat house, but outside no way for tear gas

saveliberty

Local fox is showing an aerial view of the boat, which is in the backyard.

The Boston bombers, the assimilation vacuum, and immigration reform

Paul Mirengoff

John O’Sullivan at NRO has an excellent post called “The Assimilation Vacuum and the Boston Bombers.” He writes:

The first point that strikes me is that these young men should have had every reason to be happy in the United States and grateful to the country for its giving them sanctuary. Their uncle seems to have developed just such a loyalty.

In addition, the young men were apparently well-integrated into American life locally. They had been to good schools, taken part in voluntary activities, and were regarded by Americans who knew them as bright kids and potentially productive citizens.

The easy line on the brothers is that, in spite of all these benefits, they just couldn’t assimilate. But O’Sullivan seems closer to the mark when he says they “assimilated into a nullity.”

(Snip)

I understand your frustration.