Coffee Shop

Rheo

Israel on alert as locusts hit neighboring Egypt

APNews

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel is on a locust alert as swarms of the destructive bugs descend on neighboring Egypt ahead of the Passover holiday.

Israel's Agriculture Ministry set up an emergency hotline Monday and is asking Israelis to be vigilant in reporting locust sightings to prevent an outbreak.

Locusts have a devastating effect on agriculture by quickly stripping crops.

(Snip)

APNews

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israel is on a locust alert as swarms of the destructive bugs descend on neighboring Egypt ahead of the Passover holiday.

Israel's Agriculture Ministry set up an emergency hotline Monday and is asking Israelis to be vigilant in reporting locust sightings to prevent an outbreak.

(Snip)

APNews

(Snip)

Sounds Biblical doesn't it? What comes next?

APNews

(Snip)

Sounds Biblical doesn't it? What comes next?

Not sure, but I'd keep an eye out for frogs.

APNews

(Snip)

Now that kind of alert would definitely get my attention. Eeew!

Psalm 23, Newly Revised According to Modern Principles

Proverbial wisdom for the Age of Obama.

MARK HELPRIN

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of debt, I fear no bankruptcy, for Obama is my shepherd. He prepareth a table of food stamps before me, and maketh me lie down beside waters He hath cleansed and seas He hath made recede, even though the bad Republicans wisheth the earth to be burnt unto a cinder, and will not buy the electric car that is good, for it hath zero emissions, and receiveth its power from a power plant, which hath not zero emissions, but the ways of the President are mysterious.

He hath told the stubborn Israelites, evil builders of apartments, that they know not their own interests and He does, and know not what they do, when they fear the nuclear weapon of the Persians. The ways of the President are mysterious. He alloweth the Persians to get the nuclear weapon (unless He hath something up His sleeve), for He knoweth that when they behold Him they will stay their hand, and not burn the Israelites unto a cinder, as they pronounce.

Yea, though Bernanke maketh funny money that will not compute, Obama prepareth a statistical table in front of the bad Republicans that showeth it will, if only they have faith. Fear not the Hellenes and the path they have trod. Though for sure we shall follow them, the President will be our sword, and our shield. His Hillary Rodham and his staff, they comfort us.

(Snip)

Amen.

H/T Power Line

5003388186_57891af421.jpg

LMFAO.gif "Verily, we should be like the meek of the earth, and follow the commands of the President, the Amalikites, the EPA, and the IRS, which taketh our money , which is good, for we know not what to do with it. And Obama does, for you did not buildeth that."

You have started my day with hearty laughing, @Valin. Thank you! That was really clever.

LMFAO.gif "Verily, we should be like the meek of the earth, and follow the commands of the President, the Amalikites, the EPA, and the IRS, which taketh our money , which is good, for we know not what to do with it. And Obama does, for you did not buildeth that."

You have started my day with hearty laughing, @Valin. Thank you! That was really clever.

4 more years. So we might as well have fun, otherwise.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPL7nN99jno

The Book Rakes Boffo Bux

Rob Long

3/4/13

That's how they'd say it in the pages of the old Variety. In today's language, we'd just say this, from Deadline Hollywood:

It was a big night for History [Channel], whose 10-hour miniseries The Bible opened with 13.1 million viewers...

That's a lot of eyeballs for a book that's pretty old. It even took the History Channel by surprise, according to their press release:

(SWnip)

th_Thinking.gif Wonder how they are going to handle The Begets?

The Book Rakes Boffo Bux

Rob Long

3/4/13

That's how they'd say it in the pages of the old Variety. In today's language, we'd just say this, from Deadline Hollywood:

It was a big night for History [Channel], whose 10-hour miniseries The Bible opened with 13.1 million viewers...

That's a lot of eyeballs for a book that's pretty old. It even took the History Channel by surprise, according to their press release:

(SWnip)

It's not the whole Bible word-for-word. biggrin.png

The Book Rakes Boffo Bux

Rob Long

3/4/13

(SWnip)

Oh darn! That's my favorite part! Well that and Leviticus. biggrin.png

The Book Rakes Boffo Bux

Rob Long

3/4/13

(SWnip)

I wonder if they'll cover Revelation. That would be intresting.

I wonder if they'll cover Revelation. That would be intresting.

I skipped to the end....We Win!

• Like 1

clearvision

Luckily no one shot him or sprayed them with mace. I assume about 1/2 just walked away from the video, but you don't know from it if they called for help or not.

Luckily no one shot him or sprayed them with mace. I assume about 1/2 just walked away from the video, but you don't know from it if they called for help or not.

Point taken.

Kerry Stammers: 'Can't Answer' Why No One Allowed To Interview Benghazi Survivors

ROSEN: Two quick questions on Benghazi, sir, if you would. First: Why have we not heard from any of the Benghazi survivors?

KERRY: [Pause] Well, I – I mean, I can’t tell you the answer to that. I can tell you that I have visited with one of the survivors at Bethesda hospital, who is a remarkably courageous person, who is doing very, very well. And I’ve called his wife and talked to her.

(Click on Link for Vid)

Donald Trump to address CPAC

Chris Moody

3/5/13

Television personality and real estate mogul Donald Trump will be a featured speaker at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) next week, the largest annual gathering of conservatives in the country.

“Donald Trump is an American patriot and success story with a massive following among small government conservatives,” American Conservative Union Chairman Al Cardenas said in a Tuesday press release announcing Trump's involvement. “I look forward to welcoming him back to the CPAC stage next week. Mr. Trump’s previous CPAC appearance was hugely popular among our attendees and we expect it will be even more popular this year.”

The ACU's decision to bring Trump back to the annual conference—he also spoke in 2011—comes after the group said it would not invite New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, one of the nation's most popular Republican governors, according to public opinion polls.

(Snip)

wallbash.gif