Coffee Shop

Rheo

clearvision
....that most people agree I’m presenting a fair deal, the fact that they don’t take it means that I should somehow, you know, do a Jedi mind meld with these folks and convince them to do what’s right.

Obama loses the Trekkie and Star Wars Fan vote with 3 words.

• Like 1

Ricochet: Young Women Reveal: We're Too Selfish for Children

ThePullmanns

3/1/13

"Many of those opting for childlessness have legitimate, if perhaps selfish, reasons for their decision," write Joel Kotkin and Harry Siegel for the now-only-online Newsweek. The article goes on, however, to underscore how illegitimate women's reasons are by taking a poll of twenty- and thirty-somethings at a New York hookah bar. The answers basically can be summarized by "Babies--ick!" and "I want to spend all my time on myself."

Here's a representative sample (but all the ladies appearing in the article sound like this): "Kids, they change your entire life... And that’s not something I’m interested in doing," says Jordan from South Bronx. "Jordan and Emily Wernet, a 25-year-old freelance illustrator of comics and tattoos, joked about the grotesqueness of a hand appearing inside a belly and about 'parasites,' 'popping one out,' and 'horrible little grubs' in the midst of more serious conversation about their fears of relinquishing sole ownership of one’s own body." “I kind of like to have my own time,” said Elizabeth Deegan, a 33-year-old living in Jersey City. "I feel like the responsibility of having a child is a really huge deal and the expense is out of control," says Janet Rivera, from Brooklyn.

(Snip)

That's why we named our first son Ransom. He ransomed me from sickening self-absorption, which not only hurts me, but everyone. Women don't need more hookahs and hookups, but children who can similarly ransom them from sterility into life.

I would say this same kind of out look applies to many many young men.

Smokey Behr @Smokeybehr@icwhatudo @DanRiehl @TwitchyTeam Looks like the #Maddowspambots have all been taken offline. All accounts are coming up as suspended.

My question is, is she that insecure that she feels she had to do something like this? Also did she really think this would not be found out?

Smokey Behr @Smokeybehr@icwhatudo @DanRiehl @TwitchyTeam Looks like the #Maddowspambots have all been taken offline. All accounts are coming up as suspended.

My question is, is she that insecure that she feels she had to do something like this? Also did she really think this would not be found out?

I saw another post that NBC PR is investigating and saying they didn't do it. Think maybe an over enthusiastic fan did it. Yeah right!!

I saw another post that NBC PR is investigating and saying they didn't do it. Think maybe an over enthusiastic fan did it. Yeah right!!

I'm thinking Rush Limbaugh or Glenn Beck, just to make her look bad.

rolleyes.gif

The Week in Pictures

Steven Hayward

Time for another of our periodical photo-cartoon essays of the week that was.

466x285xSequester-Hits-DC-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ih7Tf5NpI-.jpg

The sequester hits DC.

Undoubtedly the best item of the week was Obama showing his pop-culture ignorance of the crucial distinction between (and superiority of) Star Trek and Star Wars by eschewing the use of a Jedi mind-meld. (And you thought his Spock-like ears actually meant something.) This is going to cost him at least 10 points in his approval ratings. Someone needs to sit him down and make him watch the Trekkie-Star Wars gang fights with Seth Rogen in Fanboys (a much under-rated movie in my book). Bonus! It turns out the Trekkie vs. Jedi Wars gang fight is

Anyway:

320x319xObama-Mind-Meld-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.gkV26BUMjr.jpg

(Snip)

497x387xChicken-Crossing-Road-copy.jpg.pagespeed.ic.U4uJN6mtE2.jpg

(Snip)

Anyone else believe this will be the last CPAC meeting?

I suspect if the 100%ers get their way it will.

For the record I am not aware that Pam Geller was ever invited to speak there.

As always I reserve my God Given Constitutional right to be wrong.

NH Gun Store Names Obama Salesman of the Year

Heather Ginsberg

3/2/13

We must tip our hats to a gun store in Merrimack, New Hampshire who named President Obama as the ‘Firearms Salesman of the Year’. That is just too funny and spot on! The poster in the front window of Collectable Arms & Ammo has a picture of President Obama with the title as Firearms Salesman of the year and two AK-47rifles below his picture. In another poster next to this one features pictures of Adolf Hitler, Josef Stalin and Mao Zedong with a statement that reads “All Experts Agree, Gun Control Works”.

I like these guys!

The co-owner of the store makes no apologies and says, “We like to have the creative storefronts which are sort of fun in one aspect and in another aspect if we have an opportunity to make a statement we’ll do that as well”. He made sure to explain that he has made no effort to connect President Obama to the multiple dictators shown in the other poster.

(Snip)

guns.jpg

• Like 1

I read somewhere recently that Pam's speech was always SRO that past couple of years.

Question: Is it possible for Dennis Rodman to get any dumber?

Hmmm. One would like to think not, but I suspect he can.

Oh. I was going to say no, but I think you could be right, @clearvision.

Why do the words Useful Fool come to mind?