At least 26 dead in shooting at Connecticut elementary school

Valin

police-respond-to-shooting-at-connecticut-elementary-schoolFox News:

12/14/12

DEVELOPING: Authorities say at least 26 people, including 18 children, were killed Friday when a gunman opened fire inside a Connecticut elementary school.

A law enforcement official said the shooter, who is dead, is believed to be a father of one of the students at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.

An official with knowledge of the situation told the Associated Press that the man apparently had two guns.

(Snip)

This is unbearable. The depths of human depravity and evil knows no bounds. My prayers are with the families and those children. I just have no words.

• Like 2

It is appalling that they jump right to the political on this. Lets consider the incredible loss of life for awhile and wait for the facts.

It is appalling that they jump right to the political on this. Lets consider the incredible loss of life for awhile and wait for the facts.

Never let a crisis go to waste.

AP source: Suspect in US school shooting is 20-year-old, had ties to school

Pete Yost

WASHINGTON — A law enforcement official says the attacker in the U.S. school shooting is a 20-year-old man with ties to the Connecticut school.

The official said that a gun used in the attacks is a .223-calibre rifle. The official also said that New Jersey state police are searching a location in that state in connection with the shooting.

(Snip)

CGP

Suzan

Originally Posted by Valin

Do you have a link for this? Thanks.

I don't, sorry. I heard it on CNN.

Apparently the gunman's mother was a teacher at the school and the massacre may have been of a kindergarten class.

It sounds like his father has been found dead at their home in Hoboken, N.J. Perhaps his mother as well.

None of the above may be accurate. I hope it isn't. The more I hear the more deeply disturbing this is. I'm not going to be able to listen to any more of it.

HuffPo: Ryan Lanza Identified By Police As Gunman In Deadly Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

David Lohr

The suspect in one of the the deadliest school shootings in history has been identified as Ryan Lanza, authorities said Friday.

According to police, Lanza, 24, is suspected of killing 27 people -- 8 adults and 18 children -- at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn.

(Snip)

just saw that he was 24 yrs old and killed his mom at the school, she was a teacher, another report said his father had been found dead at home.

just saw that he was 24 yrs old and killed his mom at the school, she was a teacher, another report said his father had been found dead at home.

Right now it is all confusing as to the details.

Obama wastes no time saying we have to do "something" about this kind of things and need to set politics aside.

Question: What?

Evidently the school had good security. So my question is....why. Why do we need metal detectors, guards, security in schools?

(I'm about to go into full geezer mode)

When I was a kid (See I told you geezer mode) we didn't have all these measures, because none was needed. Now I grant you this was Duluth Mn. not NY City, but something has changed in society in my life time, and has not changed for the better. I don't really know what or what to do, but something bad is going in our society.

That being said, this is what Presidents do in situations like this.