CIA Director Petraeus Resigns, Cites Extra-Marital Affair

Geee

Petraeus’ ‘other woman’ reportedly a married mother of two, under FBI investigation

The woman with whom former CIA Director David Petraeus had an affair has been identified as Paula Broadwell, the co-author of a recent biography about the retired four-star general.

Broadwell is currently under FBI investigation for improperly trying to access Petraeus’ emails and possibly gaining access to classified information, NBC News reported Friday, the same day Petraeus resigned from his post as director of the top U.S. intelligence agency. He cited the extramarital affair as his reason for stepping down.

Holly Petraeus, the general’s wife, is employed in the Obama administration’s Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Her work involves advocating on behalf of military veterans and their families.Scissors-32x32.png

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/09/petraeus-other-woman-a-married-mother-of-two-under-fbi-investigation/

5 Possible Picks for Director of the CIA

Heather Ginsberg

11/10/12

With the Director of the CIA, General David Petraeus, stepping down yesterday after admitting to an extra-marital affair, it is time for the Obama administration to look for a new director. What we know for sure, is that whoever the President chooses to take this post must be prepared to come into the office amid a scandal on Capitol Hill over the Benghazi attacks in September.

It is possible that President Obama could go with someone who has no CIA experience, like he did with Leon Panetta. But here is a list of possible picks for Obama to look at.

(Snip)

"Whoever the president picks, it will surely be someone who not only is qualified for the position, but also plays to the president’s agenda for his second term."

....with the latter, of course, being FAR more important than the former..........

• Like 1

"Whoever the president picks, it will surely be someone who not only is qualified for the position, but also plays to the president’s agenda for his second term."

....with the latter, of course, being FAR more important than the former..........

Let that goes without saying. Of course that can be said of all administrations.

David and Bathsheba

November 9, 2012 - 6:42 pm - by Michael Walsh

Ever since the September 11 attack on our consulate and CIA station in Benghazi, “the dog in the night-time” of the scandal the media did its best to bury during the election campaign has been David Petraeus, the Iraq War commander turned spook-in-almost-chief. Throughout the orgy of misinformation, disinformation, finger-pointing, blame-shifting and general confusion, Petraeus remained adamantly silent, a hostage to fortune somewhere within the bowels of the CIA building in Langley. The one man who could have cut through the administration’s fog machine said nothing substantive as ambassador Chris Stevens and three others were laid to rest.

And now, just a couple of days after the election that returned Barack Hussein Obama II to executive power in Washington, he’s gone — resigned in the wake of an affair that likely occurred more than a year ago, apparently with his biographer, Paula Broadwell — who herself is under FBI investigation, reportedly for trying to access the general’s classified emails. Further, Petraeus will now not testify before the Senate Intelligence Committee about Benghazi next week.

And that, if Congress acquiesces and does not immediately subpoena Petraeus and.Scissors-32x32.png

http://pjmedia.com/michaelwalsh/2012/11/09/david-and-bathsheba/

I like Trey Gowdy more every time I see him..............

How much would you want to be a fly on the wall during the closed hearings? Trey will crucify some of the witnesses. I hope the leaks are plentiful.

• Like 1

Rep. King: Petraeus Must Answer Questions on Benghazi

11/11/12

Rep. Peter King reiterated Sunday that General David Petraeus, who stepped down as head of the CIA following revelations of an extramarital affair, will very soon have to answer congressional questions about the Obama administration's handling of the Sept. 11 terror attack in Benghazi, Libya.

"My strong recommendation is Gen. Petreaus has to testify," the New York congressman told Fox News. "We can’t find out what happened in Benghazi unless David Petreaus testifies. He was at the center of it all. He is an absolutely essential witness."

On Saturday King said that Petreaus has to testify, "if not this week, then the following week or sometime very soon because it's not the CIA director who has to testify, it's the person who was involved at the time of Benghazi. And that was David Petreaus." according to The Washington Times.

(Snip)

Petraeus, Clapper and Timing

November 11, 2012 | Filed under CIA | Posted by Lady Liberty

Does anyone else find it a bit weird Clapper urged him to resign but yet ‘official sources’ are saying there was no evidence of blackmail or related vulnerability?

Clapper still has to testify and apparently, so will Petraeus if we go by Rep. Gowdy’s statements. So, why urge him to resign? Clinton went through an impeachment and didn’t resign. There has to be more to it.

Reuters via Yahoo:

Director Clapper, as a friend and a colleague and a fellow general officer, advised Director Petraeus that he should do the right thing and he should step down,” the official said.

Clapper is a retired Air Force lieutenant general; Petraeus served nearly four decades in the U.S. Army.

On Wednesday, Clapper notified the National Security Council at the White House that Petraeus was considering resigning and President Barack Obama should be informed, the official said.

U.S. law enforcement and intelligence officials agreed Scissors-32x32.png

FBI Agents “Outraged” That Compromised CIA Director Was Left In Place For Months, To Avoid Political Problems

Impeachment is a matter of time.

I realize that will be unsuccessful, as far as removal from office. But at some point you have to make the point.

Still, the White House, with concurrence by the FBI and Justice Department[go figure on that-- ace], held off on asking for Petraeus’ resignation until after the election.Scissors-32x32.png

http://wizbangblog.com/2012/11/11/petraeus-clapper-and-timing/

I realize that will be unsuccessful, as far as removal from office. But at some point you have to make the point.

Still, the White House, with concurrence by the FBI and Justice Department[go figure on that-- ace], held off on asking for Petraeus’ resignation until after the election.Scissors-32x32.png

wallbash.gif Impeachment is NOT going to happen! I really wish people would stop bring it up!!! All they do is make themselves look like nutters!

wallbash.gif Impeachment is NOT going to happen! I really wish people would stop bring it up!!! All they do is make themselves look like nutters!

Thank you and I agree. The important thing is that we remain adults, get a good handle on what happened and treat this like grown ups. I'm so tired of the childishness of politics I could scream. We need serious discussion of real issues, not just a series of threats and counter threats.

Thank you and I agree. The important thing is that we remain adults, get a good handle on what happened and treat this like grown ups. I'm so tired of the childishness of politics I could scream. We need serious discussion of real issues, not just a series of threats and counter threats.

Remember BDS? What we IMO seeing with some is ODS. This is understandable given who Obama is, where he has came from, but still.......

Remember BDS? What we IMO seeing with some is ODS. This is understandable given who Obama is, where he has came from, but still.......

Exactly. The problem with derangement is that it completely clouds your own moral compass. And understanding of the issues at hand.

Obama is one man, with a good machine. The war is not against him personally. It is against a philosophy of government. There are many, many people who will step up if he is gone, so this whole line of attack is ridiculous.

We need to put much, much less emphasis on people and focus on ideas- otherwise we are simply caving to the celebrity culture and we will never win that game.

• Like 1