CIA Director Petraeus Resigns, Cites Extra-Marital Affair

Geee

Remember that Lockheed agreed to illegally delay layoff announcements until after the election due to White House pressure.

Excellent point.

On that note... It's a great day to be a nobody! Woot! Yay for us.

I am so unblackmailable I bore myself.

I know the feeling

Ditto, I am happy to say.

I'm not a big Jesse Ventura fan, but he was once asked by a local reporter if he ever smoked grass. His answer Oh Hell Yeah, all the time. End of issue.

• Like 1

I'm not near a radio. Was this affair recent? Or was he outing his only skeleton so he can tell the truth on Benghazi?

What a happy happy week in politics. Ack.

(It just happened once on Wednesday and was discovered by his wife last night)sarcasm

Screen-Shot-2012-11-09-at-6.06.17-PM-562x266.png?9d7bd4

Petraeus biographer, Paula Broadwell, is being investigated for “improperly trying to access his email

….Officials told The Associated Press that information about the affair surfaced over the course of an FBI probe. Meanwhile, law enforcement sources told NBC News that the FBI is currently investigating Petraeus’ biographer for improperly trying to access his email. The sources emphasized that Petraeus was not under investigation and added that they did not believe the investigation into author Paula Broadwell would result in criminal charges….”

http://gretawire.fox...%28Gretawire%29[/color]

Screen-Shot-2012-11-09-at-6.06.17-PM-562x266.png?9d7bd4

Petraeus biographer, Paula Broadwell, is being investigated for “improperly trying to access his email”

by Greta Van Susteren

NOV 9 2012 - 6:10 PM ET

Facebook

Twitter

Email

0 COMMENTS

“….Officials told The Associated Press that information about the affair surfaced over the course of an FBI probe. Meanwhile, law enforcement sources told NBC News that the FBI is currently investigating Petraeus’ biographer for improperly trying to access his email. The sources emphasized that Petraeus was not under investigation and added that they did not believe the investigation into author Paula Broadwell would result in criminal charges….”

http://gretawire.fox...%28Gretawire%29

doesn't the FBI have better things to do than investigate her trying to get into his email if it's not a crime

Is stupidity contagious? How could the Director of the freaking C...I....A, think he could have an affair, without someone noticing? Maybe with his resignation, retirement, divorce & the media scrutiny, Dave can get over the stupid bug he caught while working for the Ocrappy Administration.

@cudjo! The FBI has the responsibility for domestic surveillance & he was the Director of the CIA. They have jurisdiction for any attempt to break into his e-mails. [Embarrassing for the CIA to be investigated by the FBI, too.]

• Like 1

Ulsterman....I know..I just can't stop looking.

UPDATE: Reports now circulating that Petraeus’ scheduled testimony next week before Congress regarding the Benghazi Massacre has been cancelled.

That makes absolutely no sense. Will Congress simply subpoena Petraeus and force his testimony regardless? More importantly – why WOULDN”T Congress do just that? And would the former general participate, or would he plead the 5th? Or perhaps the Obama White House would initiate sweeping Executive Privilege as they did with Fast and Furious and dare Congressional leaders to try and force the president’s hand. He so far has successfully buried the Fast and Furious investigation – why not Benghazi as well?

At this point, obviously far more questions than answers. What seems clear for now is the resignation of a CIA Director for an affair that some are suggesting took place over a year ago. And since when do administration officials resign over alleged marital affairs? Didn’t Bill Clinton break that moral barrier down some 15 years ago?

And all of this coming after an election in which many are going back to the results and indicating the numbers just don’t add up…

Is stupidity contagious? How could the Director of the freaking C...I....A, think he could have an affair, without someone noticing? Maybe with his resignation, retirement, divorce & the media scrutiny, Dave can get over the stupid bug he caught while working for the Ocrappy Administration.

@cudjo! The FBI has the responsibility for domestic surveillance & he was the Director of the CIA. They have jurisdiction for any attempt to break into his e-mails. [Embarrassing for the CIA to be investigated by the FBI, too.]

I know they do all their surveillance but if trying to break into his email is not a criminal offense why check it out

Ulsterman....I know..I just can't stop looking.

UPDATE: Reports now circulating that Petraeus’ scheduled testimony next week before Congress regarding the Benghazi Massacre has been cancelled.

That makes absolutely no sense. Will Congress simply subpoena Petraeus and force his testimony regardless? More importantly – why WOULDN”T Congress do just that? And would the former general participate, or would he plead the 5th? Or perhaps the Obama White House would initiate sweeping Executive Privilege as they did with Fast and Furious and dare Congressional leaders to try and force the president’s hand. He so far has successfully buried the Fast and Furious investigation – why not Benghazi as well?

At this point, obviously far more questions than answers. What seems clear for now is the resignation of a CIA Director for an affair that some are suggesting took place over a year ago. And since when do administration officials resign over alleged marital affairs? Didn’t Bill Clinton break that moral barrier down some 15 years ago?

And all of this coming after an election in which many are going back to the results and indicating the numbers just don’t add up…

If this happened over a year ago was he still in the military, military frowns on affairs, not good for a General

She also sat down with Charlie Rose in February, a clip of which you can find here.

Only last week, Broadwell published her latest piece on the general, titled "David Petraeus’s Rules for Living," in The Daily Beast/Newsweek. Number five was this:

We all will make mistakes. The key is to recognize them and admit them, to learn from them, and to take off the rear­ view mirrors—drive on and avoid making them again.Scissors-32x32.png

http://www.slate.com...on_stewart.html

She was on Jon Stewart in January 2012.

So if she allegedly broke into his email...could she have not placed things there that could implicate?

I know, I know.....I don't trust anyone at this point.

I am just so sad for everyone involved. Other people who have affairs aren't in the international arena. I just can't iamgine how his wife must feel tonight.

And I'm sad for all of us, too, because as Rokke said, he would have made a good presidential candidate if he had wanted to give that a try.

So if she allegedly broke into his email...could she have not placed things there that could implicate?

Then he would not have admitted to it. He's at least stand up enough to admit it when caught. And who knows, if it was awhile ago his wife may already know. I think the important thing is that choices have consequences, whether we like it or not. People do things they shouldn't all the time, but at least he isn't running from the consequences. That's a plus.

Then he would not have admitted to it. He's at least stand up enough to admit it when caught. And who knows, if it was awhile ago his wife may already know. I think the important thing is that choices have consequences, whether we like it or not. People do things they shouldn't all the time, but at least he isn't running from the consequences. That's a plus.

I get that and agree.

What is up with all the sex scandals? This, Lockhead and the Secret Service, etc?

Diversions ?

They had a friend of his from the intelligence community on FNC [Wayne?]...didn't catch his last name, but retired CIA, and he speculated that those inside the CIA are "not shedding tears over his leaving." Wayne liked him very much, admired him, but the impression I got, was that the inside CIA clique, was not too happy @ the changes & they might have contributed to the affair being made public.

I get that and agree.

What is up with all the sex scandals? This, Lockhead and the Secret Service, etc?

Diversions ?

Note to self. Biographers are dangerous. Petraus, Kerik and Edwards are good examples. Probably a good idea that if you are in public office, you have someone of the same sex write your biography. If you are gay, then I guess you don't have to.