CIA Director Petraeus Resigns, Cites Extra-Marital Affair

Geee

You know he wanted out of this administration. Apparently he volunteered info about the affair? Pretty drastic measure, ended his career and marriage with one swell foop.

Well, there goes my first pick for a 2016 run. But I think there is a lot more to this. I'm going to go way out on a limb here. I suspect there was a blackmail attempt. Someone tried to shut him up and he didn't play ball. A CIA director doesn't need to resign over an extramarital affair. Only Republican political candidates have to do that. Since the start of Benghazi, I have told folks to watch Patreaus. Well...keep watching him.

• Like 1

Well, there goes my first pick for a 2016 run. But I think there is a lot more to this. I'm going to go way out on a limb here. I suspect there was a blackmail attempt. Someone tried to shut him up and he didn't play ball. A CIA director doesn't need to resign over an extramarital affair. Only Republican political candidates have to do that. Since the start of Benghazi, I have told folks to watch Patreaus. Well...keep watching him.

.....hmmmmm...........

....make room on that limb.........

Can't Congree still subpoena him to testify?

Yes they can. Congress can subpoena anyone.

That's what I thought. Would love for him to tell the truth.

Feinstein said she respects Obama’s decision to accept the Petraeus resignation, but wishes he hadn’t.

She also said Petraeus will not need to testify at Benghazi hearings she is chairing next week.

Sounds like at least part of Congress is dropping him.

I'm not near a radio. Was this affair recent? Or was he outing his only skeleton so he can tell the truth on Benghazi?

What a happy happy week in politics. Ack.

KGB tactics in the White House? Wouldn't put it past 'em for a minute. Someone was being interviewed on FNC when I was in the car and actually wondered if the White House was keeping this affair in their back pocket until needed.

I'm not near a radio. Was this affair recent? Or was he outing his only skeleton so he can tell the truth on Benghazi?

What a happy happy week in politics. Ack.

Haven't seen any answers to any of those questions @pollyannaish.

Feinstein said she respects Obama’s decision to accept the Petraeus resignation, but wishes he hadn’t.

She also said Petraeus will not need to testify at Benghazi hearings she is chairing next week.

If Feinstein feels he doesn't need to testify, what the hell is she trying to find out? If she doesn't want to hear one of the main players, her hearings are a farce.

• Like 1

If Feinstein feels he doesn't need to testify, what the hell is she trying to find out? If she doesn't want to hear one of the main players, her hearings are a farce.

These hearings are just to make us think they are doing something, they want it to go away

These hearings are just to make us think they are doing something, they want it to go away

That may be what they want, but this one, along with Fast/Furious, are here to stay until the facts are disclosed. Hopefully heads will roll, one in particular.