Coffee Shop

Rheo

Young surrender-monkeys have had enough......could it be the start of a good trend in Eurostan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb8SLNMIBlM&feature=player_embedded

From the comments:

Kind of embarrassing... the French kids are ready to kick ass, the American kids are looking for handouts.

Posted by: leelu at October 9, 2012 4:48 PM

• Like 1

Young surrender-monkeys have had enough......could it be the start of a good trend in Eurostan?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb8SLNMIBlM&feature=player_embedded

From the comments:

Kind of embarrassing... the French kids are ready to kick ass, the American kids are looking for handouts.

Posted by: leelu at October 9, 2012 4:48 PM

Forget, throw away Tradition and History,(Hey Hey Ho Ho Ho western civ has got to go) and they have a tendency to come back and bite you....rather harshly. OTOH worshiping them, can (and have) lead to some very dark places.

righteousmomma

http://sn138w.snt138.mail.live.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0#n=1413257802&fid=1&fav=1&mid=5e25b29b-14a9-11e2-a0f0-002264c1c9f4&fv=1

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength," the longshoreman cum philosopher Eric Hoffer once observed. Hoffer died in 1983, so he probably wasn't referring specifically to Joe Biden's performance in last night's debate. Still, the observation is fitting.

In addition to the vice president's boorishness, a lot of observers noted that he frequently smiled and chuckled at inappropriate times--even during a discussion of Iran's pursuit of nuclear weapons. The

quickly put out an ad consisting of nearly a minute of such clips followed by the caption: "Vice President Biden is laughing . . . Are you?" If Biden finds himself out of work in January, he may have a career ahead of him as a Fixodent pitchman.Scissors-32x32.pngbiggrin.png

“That’s the terminology. At Trinity, you’re urged to ‘get with the program,’” explained a male beneficiary of the Down Low Club. “What that means is it’s OK to go ahead and have sex with men, just as long as you ‘get with the program’ and marry a woman, somebody no straight guy would want to marry.”

LMFAO.gifLMFAO.gif

The wife, the Down Low Club member explained, is “your ‘beard,’ your cover – so you can look like you’re living a straight life, even though you’re not.”

righteousmomma

Re the Obama is gay and now the godfather also - the main reason I put credence to the "gossip" is the fact that Hillbuzz is libel for one mega lawsuit if the "accused" decide to push the issue but choosing to ignore can be also taken 2 ways.

The cocaine use and other insinuations make me wonder when you think about it and all we have read of certain demeanor by the o and the O wandering to weird area of DC.

A5C3gBvCIAA0dn9.jpg

Paul Ryan posted this picture on his twitter account today, with the caption "Campaign spokesman in training, my youngest son Sam."

smile.png

H/T Rachel Lucas. Read the whole thing.

CLASSIC DALRYMPLE: The Wilder Shores of Marx, excerpt (1991)

Scissors-32x32.png

In 1989 Theodore Dalrymple managed to join up with a group of British communists on its way to the 13th World Festival of Youth and Students in North Korea:

The British 'delegation' was fixed at 100 and I was accepted as a member because, though neither a youth nor a student, I was a doctor who had practiced in Tanzania, a country whose first President, Julius Nyerere, was a close friend and admirer of Kim Il Sung, Great Leader of DPRK (as the country is known to cognoscenti). It was therefore assumed I was in sympathy with what was sometimes called, rather vaguely, 'the movement'.

The ensuing trip, one of five to communist holdouts in 1988 and 1989, was recounted in his 1991 book "The Wilder Shores of Marx" (published in the U.S. as "Utopias Elsewhere"). Throughout two weeks in July of 1989 Dalrymple witnessed an imprisoned nation, attended a mass rally addressed by Kim Jong-Il, and was transfixed by what he saw at Pyongyang Department Store Number 1...

I went several times during the festival to Pyongyang Department Store Number 1. This is in the very centre of the city. Its shelves and counters were groaning with locally produced goods, piled into impressive pyramids or in fan-like displays, perfectly arranged, throughout the several floors of the building. On the ground floor was a wide variety of tinned foods, hardware and alcoholic drinks, including a strong Korean liqueur with a whole snake pickled or marinated in the bottle, presumably as an aphrodisiac. Everything glittered with perfection, the tidiness was remarkable.

righteousmomma

I somehow missed Srwoodchuck's post here from WND about the o's wedding ring. It is a big deal. #2 a lie and a hoax have been perpetrated on the American people and #1 God has been rejected.

Somewhere I saw Rheo had posted that the lesbian, woman, actress, screwed up messthat she is Lindsey Lohan has endorsed Romney -- because of "employment"

This is also also a big deal.

• Like 1

I somehow missed Srwoodchuck's post here from WND about the o's wedding ring. It is a big deal. #2 a lie and a hoax have been perpetrated on the American people and #1 God has been rejected.

Somewhere I saw Rheo had posted that the lesbian, woman, actress, screwed up messthat she is Lindsey Lohan has endorsed Romney -- because of "employment"

This is also also a big deal.

Serious article

FROM WAP

Game changer: Lindsay Lohan has endorsed Mitt Romney

Scissors-32x32.png

While most would, at first glance, write this off as gossip, it's the latest instance of an evolving trend that jeopardizes President Obama's chance at winning the White House. Lohan, by all accounts, is a typical low-information voter. And low information voters, like it or not, will decide this election.

The first person to pick out this trend was Dave Weigel at Slate after sportswriter Buzz Bissinger endorsed Romney after his positive debate performance. Bissinger, Weigel notes, was a low information voter. He ignored the election, watched the debate, took everyone's word for it on the facts, and backed Romney.

As Weigel notes, it's not like either side was falling over themselves to score the lusted-after and enviable Bissinger endorsement.

But Bissinger is emblematic of millions of Americans. These people don't follow politics, don't understand the issues with depth, and plan to vote based on what little information they've gleaned.Scissors-32x32.png

Dr. Strangelaugh

Or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Iranian Bomb.

By JAMES TARANTO

Scissors-32x32.png

(Best of the tube tonight: Catch us on "Lou Dobbs Tonight," 7 p.m. ET on Fox Business, with repeat showings at 10 p.m. and 4 a.m. ET.)

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength," the longshoreman cum philosopher Eric Hoffer once observed. Hoffer died in 1983, so he probably wasn't referring specifically to Joe Biden's performance in last night's debate. Still, the observation is fitting.

In addition to the vice president's boorishness, a lot of observers noted that he frequently smiled and chuckled at inappropriate times--even during a discussion of Iran's pursuit of nuclear weapons. The

quickly put out an ad consisting of nearly a minute of such clips followed by the caption: "Vice President Biden is laughing . . . Are you?" If Biden finds himself out of work in January, he may have a career ahead of him as a Fixodent pitchman.
  • Like 1

"but what is government itself, but the greatest of all reflections upon human nature," james madison .... just what in the hell are we talking about in these debates?

http://wintersoldier2008.typepad.com/summer_patriot_winter_sol/2012/10/but-what-is-government-itself-but-the-greatest-of-all-reflections-upon-human-nature-james-madison-ju.html

i don't know the history of debate in the united states, but the bits of it i have been exposed to suggest that political debate is cheapened, debased and a very dim shadow of its former robust appearing self.

now, back when i thought to be a high school teacher i got an ed certificate (license to teach) from eastern oregon state college, after having previously received a bachelor of arts from whitman college, walla walla, washington and a law degree (doctor of jurisprudence, doncha know) from the university of oregon. suffice it to say that the curriculum at eastern oregon was not particularly challenging.

so, that winter i read carl sandburg's multiple-volume biography of abraham lincoln in eastern's library, to keep warm over the winter, to stave off terminal boredom, and because sandburg's prose writing is as good as anything in the english language, imho. i believe it was in the appendices to these volumes that i read the complete texts of one or more of the debates between stephen douglas and abraham lincoln held as they vied for a seat in the united states senate.

Scissors-32x32.png

these discussions were not held in closed rooms between erudite elites, away from the roiling masses.

in those day the tools of mass communication we "enjoy" and which "serve us" were not available. so, the debates were held before great jostling crowds, and the skills of the public orator were honed to a razor's edge by zeal, ambition, and, oddly enough, great learning and skill with the language.

the human voice carries only so far, and those at the outer edges of the throngs sometimes could not hear what was said, and those removed from the vicinity obviously could not avail themselves of the benefit of the sharply crafted argument.

but, they had the news papers of the day. the texts of the debates that i read in sandburg's volumes (if my memory serves me) were printed in the great and small news papers of the day. the texts that i read included the entire debates, and covered the entire front page and several leafs deep, the entire page filled with print, and no pictures and no advertisements.

Scissors-32x32.png

.....the writing had something else in it, which is totally lacking in the "debate" of our day, and which has been totally lacking in the argument in which obama and romney are locked.

intelligence. identification of the issues to be argued. and, an identification and parsing out of matters of first principles, upon which the details and subtlety of fact surrounding the issues devolved.

a person reading those texts understood what was being talked about, what was at issue, and the importance of it to him and his fellows. to be sure, the race for the senate seat sought by lincoln and douglass was full of personal ambition, zeal, ego and rancor and partisanship were not absent from the contest.

Scissors-32x32.png

what in the hell are the debates between our candidates all about?

well, i think that has yet to be clearly enunciated, by anyone. we talk of budgets and public spending, but we fail to do so in a context which considers the consequences of spending, and we fail to talk about the benefits and burdens of spending, and whether spending even advances those principles and aims of governance to which we can all adhere, or at the very least, respect and obey.

we have the great issues of liberty and freedom, which are thrust to the forefront because of barack obama's pronounced affection towards and probable muslim's allegiance to islam, yet the core issues of islams compatibility, or in my view, absolute incompatibility, with the institutions of our government and the substance of our law, legal institutions and way of life are not discussed. some sort of supercilious probity prevents us from openly discussing this very central issues pertaining to our political existence, and the threat to it posed by obama's personality, allegiances and beliefs.

pick your issue.

Scissors-32x32.png

Long article, but thought provoking.....especially after the free-for-all of the VP debate & what I think will be even more absurd next Prez debate....[read where Candy Crowley has already given the questions to the Obama campaign ]

• Like 1