American killed in attack on US Consulate in Libya, security official says, following Egyptian protest at US embassy

WestVirginiaRebel

Speculation, but fascinating.

http://theulstermanr...er-of-benghazi/

…Said people have forgotten that there is both a loving god and a righteous god and that it’s gonna be a righteous god America is about to meet up with.

Sort of jumps out at you, doesn't it. Something to remember. I keep reminding myself that we are not promised heaven on earth, and God is the ruler of the universe. The rest of this, at the end of the day, just noise and thrashing. I sleep well at night knowing that is the case.

Again, the lengths this administration will go to protect Obama's WH. I wonder if the emails between the participating individuals will ever be subpoenaed? Hopefully the next administration will find them.

Again, the lengths this administration will go to protect Obama's WH. I wonder if the emails between the participating individuals will ever be subpoenaed? Hopefully the next administration will find them.

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to happen.

Civil suits might be something else however.

I'm really not sure this is such a good thing. I'm of the opinion that when they're gone they're gone....move on.

Too many damn politically driven law suits as it is.

Yeah, I don't want it dragging on and on. But I do want to know some facts about this regime.

Maybe it will be in one of the many books that will probably be written.

Yeah, I don't want it dragging on and on. But I do want to know some facts about this regime.

Have no fear...books will be written, tales will be told, Dirt will be dished, fingers will be pointed!

Thus providing some many golden opportunities to say those magic words...I Told You So.

Of course people like you and I would never do anything like that, having way to much class. I won't speak about people like @pollyannaish however.

Have no fear...books will be written, tales will be told, Dirt will be dished, fingers will be pointed!

Thus providing some many golden opportunities to say those magic words...I Told You So.

Of course people like you and I would never do anything like that, having way to much class. I won't speak about people like @pollyannaish however.

I know exactly what you mean.

Hundreds of protesters angry over last week's killing of the U.S. ambassador to Libya stormed the compound of the Islamic extremist militia suspected in the attack, evicting militiamen and setting fire to their building Friday.

In an unprecedented show of public anger at Libya's rampant militias, the crowd overwhelmed the compound of the Ansar Al-Shariah Brigade in the center of the eastern city of Benghazi.

LINK

Great News!!!

Controversial 'Piss Christ' art back in NY

The controversial “Piss Christ” artwork Sen. Alfonse D’Amato once branded as a “deplorable, despicable display of vulgarity,” is coming to New York, and security is being heavily ramped- up at the gallery that will show the piece.

Andres Serrano’s work — a “photograph of the crucifix submerged in the artist’s urine” — first ignited controversy in 1989 when D’Amato complained to the US Senate that it was an “outrage,” an “indignity” and a “piece of trash” that had been funded by taxpayers. Serrano had won a $15,000 prize for his work, backed in part by the National Endowment for the Arts.

But the piece — which will be on display as part of a retrospective of the New York artist’s work at Edward Tyler Nahem gallery beginning Thursday — is still causing controversy over two decades later.

piss-204x300.jpg

Riots and murder sure to follow. rolleyes.gif

Hundreds of protesters angry over last week's killing of the U.S. ambassador to Libya stormed the compound of the Islamic extremist militia suspected in the attack, evicting militiamen and setting fire to their building Friday.

In an unprecedented show of public anger at Libya's rampant militias, the crowd overwhelmed the compound of the Ansar Al-Shariah Brigade in the center of the eastern city of Benghazi.

LINK

More Here

Libyan protesters rally against militias, storm jihadist group’s headquarters

Allahpundit

9/21/12

(Snip)

They didn’t just protest in front of the group’s headquarters. They broke in and chased the jihadis out, allegedly freeing 20 captives in the process. (“The capture of the base was celebrated elsewhere in the city by parades of cars touring the streets, honking their horns.”) Several protesters were reportedly wounded in the process. Reminds me a bit of the Awakening in Anbar province: When your “security” is being provided by jihadist mafias who are running protection rackets and killing opponents, after awhile you’re going to get fed up. Stevens’s killing (and the prospect of losing much-needed American aid) may have catalyzed a backlash, and not just in Benghazi. The AP reports that even residents in jihadist-friendly Darna are exasperated:

"The anti-militia fervor in Darna is notable because the city, in the mountains along the Mediterranean coast north of Benghazi, has long had a reputation as a stronghold for Islamic extremists. During the Gadhafi era, it was the hotbed of a deadly Islamist insurgency against his regime. A significant number of the Libyan jihadists who travelled to Afghanistan and Iraq during recent wars came from Darna. During the revolt against him last year, Gadhafi’s regime warned that Darna would declare itself an Islamic Emirate and ally itself with al-Qaida…

“The killing of the ambassador blew up the situation. It was disastrous,” said Ayoub al-Shedwi, a young bearded Muslim preacher in Darna who says he has received multiple death threats because has spoken out against militias on a radio show he hosts. “We felt that the revolution is going in vain.”…

Leaders of tribes, which are the strongest social force in eastern Libya, have come forward to demand that the militias disband. Tribal leaders in Benghazi and Darna announced this week that members of their tribes who are militiamen will no longer have their protection in the face of anti-militia protests. That means the tribe will not avenge them if they are killed.

(Snip)

Bangladesh police, prophet film protesters clash

AP

9/22/12

(Snip)

In Pakistan, where more than 20 people died Friday in clashes in cities throughout the country, a Cabinet minister offered a $100,000 reward for the death of the filmmaker.

Railways Minister Ghulam Ahmad Balor told The Associated Press that he would pay the reward out of his own pocket. He urged the Taliban and al-Qaida to perform the "sacred duty" of helping locate and kill the filmmaker.

(Snip)

Ok getting down into the tall grass of the who what why how of the Libyan attack. Just an FYI

Fatwa on the Permissibility of Killing an Ambassador

Joas Wagemakers

21st September 2012

I have to admit that it makes me feel rather uneasy choosing a title like this and writing a post about last week’s death of four staff members of the American embassy in Libya, including the ambassador himself, Christopher Stevens. Yesterday, however, a *fatwa was published on the permissibility of killing ambassadors that I think Jihadica readers should know about.

Three questions

The fatwa, published by Abu l-Mundhir al-Shinqiti, is in response to three different questions by three different people. The first question deals with the permissibility of killing an ambassador who doesn’t approve of insults against Islam and has a positive attitude towards Muslims. For those readers thinking this is a direct reference to ambassador Stevens, who was apparently known for his affection for the Libyan people, think again. The person asking the question adds that he’s not talking about the American ambassador since “targeting American embassies in all corners of the world is permissible without them having insulted the Prophet”.

The second questioner wants to know if the post of ambassador can be compared with that of “messenger” (rasul), a job specified in Islamic law that is given to a representative of a non-Muslim country to bring a message to the rulers of the abode of Islam (dar al-Islam). Such a person was given some sort of aman (temporary protection) under Islamic law so that he could do his job safely. If there is indeed a parallel between a messenger and an ambassador, this could mean the latter is not allowed to be killed.

The third question is related to the second since it deals with the concept of ‘ahd (covenant). In the course of Islamic history, Muslim scholars have come up with ways to avoid calling all non-Muslim countries dar al-harb (the abode of war; i.e., those countries with which the Muslims are at least nominally at war). One of the alternatives they chose was dar al-’ahd (the abode of the covenant), denoting countries with which the Muslim empire has a treaty. Such countries, Islamic jurists held, should not be attacked since their treaty with the Muslims forbade fighting between them. Some modern scholars have argued that a visa can be seen as a modern equivalent of such a covenant or treaty and that persons who hold a visa or are citizens of a non-Muslim country are not allowed to fight these countries. Similarly, this questioner wants to know whether the ambassador’s legal status in Libya should have protected him from being attacked.

(Snip)

*Fatwa in Arabic

Published: Sept. 21, 2012 Updated: Sept. 22, 2012 9:41 p.m.

Mark Steyn: 'Barack & Hillary at the movies'

By MARK STEYN Syndicated columnist

I see the Obama campaign has redesigned the American flag, and very attractive it is, too. Replacing the 50 stars of a federal republic is the single "O" logo symbolizing the great gaping maw of spendaholic centralization. And where the stripes used to be are a handful of red daubs, eerily mimicking the bloody finger streaks left on the pillars of the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi as its staff were dragged out by a mob of savages to be tortured and killed. What better symbol could one have of American foreign policy? Who says the slick, hollow, vapid marketing of the Obama campaign doesn't occasionally intersect with reality?

On the latter point, after a week and a half of peddling an utterly false narrative of what happened in Libya, the United States government is apparently beginning to discern that there are limits to what even Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton and Susan Rice can say with a straight face. The official line – that the slaughter of American officials was some sort of improvised movie review that got a little out of hand – is now in the process of modification to something bearing a less patently absurd relationship to what actually happened. That should not make any more forgivable the grotesque damage that the administration has done to the bedrock principle of civilized society: freedom of speech.

The more that U.S. government officials talk about the so-called film "Innocence Of Muslims" (which is actually merely a YouTube trailer) the more they confirm the mob's belief that works of "art" are the proper responsibility of government. Obama and Clinton are currently starring as the Siskel & Ebert of Pakistani TV, giving Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.ocregister.com/opinion/obama-372333-clinton-government.html

September 23, 2012

'Innocence of Muslims' Protesters, Toronto Edition

Raaacists!!

Thanks to Stable Hand over @ Jawa Report

Dear Neighbor,

On the eleventh anniversary of 9/11, our nation was once again attacked. In Egypt, protestors stormed the U.S. Embassy, and in Libya, our Ambassador, Chris Stephens, Air Force veteran Sean Smith, and former Navy SEALS Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods were brutally murdered. Reuters-photo-of-US-Consulate-in-Benghazi.jpgThe U.S. Embassy in Benghazi, Libya after protestors ambushed the building. Photo courtesy of Reuters.

The terrorists immediately justified the attacks by blaming a movie. Make no mistake: this is simply an excuse by those who despise Americans, our values, and human life. Anti-American protests spread to Yemen, Iraq, Pakistan, Sudan, Morocco, Tunisia, and even London. We have been tested by terrorists in the past and the United States has responded. When America is attacked, we must respond. This past week’s events remind us that Osama bin Laden may be dead, but the fight against terrorism is not.

We must bring justice to the terrorists because justice is what we do in America. The U.S. must hold those who attack us personally accountable. The message to terrorists should be clear—leave us alone. If you attack America, we will come find you.

The turmoil in the Middle East begs the question, who are our allies? It’s time that the U.S. rethinks its foreign policy with Benedict Arnold nations and rethinks its foreign aid. We should stop paying countries that betray us; they will do it for free. Along those lines, I recently introduced a bill, H.R. 6391, to remove the major non-NATO ally (MNNA) status from Pakistan. This status grants important privileges, such as certain foreign aid and defense cooperation benefits, including expedited arms sale process and a U.S. loan guarantee program to help finance arms exports.

Pakistan has proved that it is undeserving of this status and its benefits. Pakistan has cut off the supply route to our troops in Afghanistan; it harbors and cooperates with the Taliban who kill American troops; and twice, the U.S. Embassy in Kabul has been attacked by what U.S. Ambassador to Afghanistan Ryan Crocker described as “Pakistan-based insurgents.”

Why should we show favor to a country that does not deserve it? Too many of our own men and women have died because of Islamabad’s treachery.

God and Texas,

signature.jpg

TED POE

Member of Congress

TEXAS

Libya's vow to rein in militias is immediately challenged

The Libyan government promised to bring under control or disband all militias, but within hours of the announcement, one group threatened to blow up the de facto government headquarters.

Mel Frykberg

September 24, 2012

0924-world-oban_full_380.jpg

The Libyan government said Saturday that all of Libya’s militias would be brought under government control or forced to disband within 48 hours, but was quickly challenged.

“We are disbanding all armed groups that do not fall under the authority of the government,” said President of the General National Congress (GNC) Mohammed Magarief. “We are also banning the use of violence and carrying of weapons in public places. It is also illegal to set up checkpoints.”

Within hours, however, the government faced its first challenge from some of its insubordinate security forces and the extra-judicial militias.

(Snip)

CNN: Sources: 15 days after Benghazi attack, FBI still investigating from afar

9/27/12

(CNN) -- More than two weeks after four Americans -- including the U.S. ambassador to Libya -- were killed in an attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, FBI agents have not yet been granted access to investigate in the eastern Libyan city, and the crime scene has not been secured, sources said.

"They've gotten as far as Tripoli now, but they've never gotten to Benghazi," CNN National Security Analyst Fran Townsend said Wednesday, citing senior law enforcement officials.

(Snip)

"They had difficulty, and we understand there was some bureaucratic infighting between the FBI and Justice Department on the one hand, and the State Department on the other, and so it took them longer than they would have liked to get into country. They've now gotten there. But they still are unable to get permission to go to Benghazi."

(Snip)