2012 Presidential Election part 4

Valin

Pollyannaish, it is great isn't it. I like it for the news and it is fast, always a new post to read.

Anyway, I saw this from a reporter for the Las Vegas Sun.

Anjeanette Damon

@AnjeanetteDamon

Senior politics editor for the Las Vegas Sun, political analyst for KRNV News 4 in Reno and host of To the Point.

Anjeanette Damon@AnjeanetteDamon

Reid on Romney deciding to release 2011 returns: "He's hiding something. He's hiding something! It is so evident he's hiding something!"

It is so ridiculous I wondered if Reid actually said it? Since she is a reporter I guess he really did, or am I being gullible? I really want to believe it. smile.png

Pollyannaish, it is great isn't it. I like it for the news and it is fast, always a new post to read.

Anjeanette Damon

@AnjeanetteDamon

Senior politics editor for the Las Vegas Sun, political analyst for KRNV News 4 in Reno and host of To the Point.

Reid on Romney deciding to release 2011 returns: "He's hiding something. He's hiding something! It is so evident he's hiding something!"

It is so ridiculous I wondered if Reid actually said it? Since she is a reporter I guess he really did, or am I being gullible? I really want to believe it. smile.png

I know. It keeps me laughing and that's what I like best. Politics is such serious and depressing business.

Anjeanette Damon

@AnjeanetteDamon

I know. It keeps me laughing and that's what I like best. Politics is such serious and depressing business.

It appears mainly what he's hiding is the the amount of money he has given to charity. Of course it needs to be asked, were the Correct Charities?

DNC Literally in Hock to SEIU

DNC owes millions to union-owned bank, records show

Andrew Stiles

September 21, 2012

The Democratic National Committee (DNC) owes at least $8 million to a bank owned by one of the largest unions in the country, according to the committee’s most recent financial report.

The DNC initiated an $8 million loan with the Amalgamated Bank of New York on Aug. 10, the report shows, accounting for the majority of the committee’s overall debt of $11 million.

Amalgamated Bank, often described as “America’s Labor Bank,” is a national entity, the majority of which is owned by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), a politically active union with deep ties to the Democratic Party. The SEIU is also involved with the Democracy Alliance, a shadowy group of wealthy left-wing donors founded by billionaire investor George Soros

(Snip)

Nothing to see here...move along now.

I wonder if giving details on things like this are tough on a guy like Romney. That's not an excuse, but maybe an explanation. His word is sacred to him, and he doesn't like making promises without knowing all the facts. This is typical of a good CEO isn't it? I wonder if once he has access to solid information he will analyze what is really there, figure out what can be done and then provide details. Until then ne only has vague sweeping principles.

I don't see him as either naive or lacking in forethought. I guess I see him as fiscally conservative but very practical and not particularly partisan.

Romney Can Still Overcome Obama's Dishonest, Divisive Campaign

He can get by his '47 percent' problem and beat Obama by outlining how he will get America back to work

By MORTIMER B. ZUCKERMAN

September 21, 2012

The problem for Mitt Romney right now is that he has put his entire candidacy at risk to the point where he may not even qualify for the dismissive equation of Barack Obama that Marco Rubio formulated for the Republican faithful: "Our problem is not that he's a bad person. Our problem is that he's a bad president." Is Romney also "not a bad person, just a bad candidate"? With his "47 percent" remarks at a Republican fundraiser in May, he has given his opponent evidence to initiate a new line of attack. Scissors-32x32.png

"It's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustration."

This week, Jay Carney, the White House spokesman, dismissed the condescension as something from the mythic past, not to be compared to the furor over Romney's "47 percent" remark. Yet even now, fully armored and protected by four years of 24/7 press scrutiny and an army of verbal bodyguards, the president stumbles. "You didn't build that" Scissors-32x32.png

As Embassies Burned, Obama More Interested in Interviews and Photo Ops

September 21, 2012 | Filed under 2012 Presidential Race,Asshats,Attention Whores,Barack Obama,corruption,Culture Of Corruption,Deaths,Democrats,Foreign Affairs,Liberals | Posted by Warner Todd Huston

Even as President Obama’s flacks are telling the media that he is too smart to attend daily intelligence briefings, we are finally finding out what he did on that volatile Friday morning last week when our embassies were burning and 21 countries were erupting in anti-American protests. Instead of worrying about all that, Obama was giving puffball interviews to entertainment magazines and having photo ops.Scissors-32x32.png

http://wizbangblog.com/2012/09/21/as-embassies-burned-obama-more-interested-in-interviews-and-photo-ops/

Obama permanently out to lunch

By: Dan Spencer (Diary) | September 22nd at 01:13 PM | 0

When even the media is starting to point out that the incumbent president is too busy campaigning for re-election to govern, you know you have a problem. Yet that’s precisely what the Associated Press noticed in a new report this morning. The first line: “It’s awfully quiet at the White House these days.” Sure, when you have a president who spends most of his time Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.redstate.com/2012/09/22/obama-permanently-out-to-lunch/

Romney the giver

The big news from tax returns

• By JOHN PODHORETZ
  • Last Updated: 12:35 AM, September 22, 2012
  • Posted: 11:23 PM, September 21, 2012

We learned yesterday that last year Mitt Romney paid $1.9 million in taxes on an income of $14 million — and gave $4 million to charity.

The year before, he made $21.6 million, paid $3 million in taxes and gave $3 million to charity.

So, to recap: Mitt Romney has, in the past two years, paid almost $5 million in taxes while giving away $7 million. And, as he said, he has paid the taxes he was supposed to pay according to the laws of the United States, which is all that is required — legally, morally and practically — of anyone. Scissors-32x32.png

But the release of these tax records leaves no doubt about one thing: Mitt Romney is an extraordinarily, remarkably, astonishingly generous man. A good man. Maybe even a great man.

That is all. There is no “but.” Anyone who says otherwise is ignorant, stupid or a liar.

It’s important to talk about how charitable deductions work, because there is great confusion about them and their effect on the amount people pay in tax as a result.

You will hear it said, by people who are either ignorant or have an Scissors-32x32.png

Two footballs spiked before the game was over

Posted by William A. Jacobson Saturday, September 22, 2012 at 12:14pm

From The Washington Examiner, Al Qaeda is alive and GM is half-dead:

“Bin Laden is dead and General Motors is alive.” That was Vice President Biden’s answer to the question of why President Obama should be given a second term.

To this bumper-sticker slogan, the demonstrators who sacked the U.S. embassy last week in Cairo delivered their reply for the world to hear: “Obama! Obama! There are still a billion Osamas!”

Yes, Osama bin Laden is dead, but recent events confirm that al Qaeda is alive and well. It launches new attacks on American targets Scissors-32x32.png

r620-5efbc00455a23d77e6d3ecccd3362d39.jpg

Scissors-32x32.png

http://legalinsurrection.com/2012/09/two-footballs-spiked-before-the-game-was-over/

The Issue with the Issues [Reader Post]

By: Paul Acosta

The word issue, as it pertains to political campaigns, means a point in question or a matter that is in dispute, as between contending parties. Therefore when you say that we should take care of our elders, support our military, provide high quality education, give people access to healthcare, and insure equal rights for all, you are not talking about issues of contention, we all want to see these things addressed, the contention lies in how to best achieve them, and on that, history is on our side. Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://floppingaces.net/2012/09/22/the-issue-with-the-issues-reader-post/

Is this even legal? Campaign of desperation.

https://store.barack...SA_POSTER_MERCH

One example:

Posted Image

United States Code Title 4 Chapter 1 — The Flag

§3. Use of flag for advertising purposes; mutilation of flag

Any person who, within the District of Columbia, in any manner, for exhibition or display, shall place or cause to be placed any word, figure, mark, picture, design, drawing, or any advertisement of any nature upon any flag, standard, colors, or ensign of the United States of America; or shall expose or cause to be exposed to public view any such flag, standard, colors, or ensign upon which shall have been printed, painted, or otherwise placed, or to which shall be attached, appended, affixed, or annexed any word, figure, mark, picture, design, or drawing, or any advertisement of any nature; or who, within the District of Columbia, shall manufacture, sell, expose for sale, or to public view, or give away or have in possession for sale, or to be given away or for use for any purpose, any article or substance being an article of merchandise, or a receptacle for merchandise or article or thing for carrying or transporting merchandise, upon which shall have been printed, painted, attached, or otherwise placed a representation of any such flag, standard, colors, or ensign, to advertise, call attention to, decorate, mark, or distinguish the article or substance on which so placed shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine not exceeding $100 or by imprisonment for not more than thirty days, or both, in the discretion of the court. The words "flag, standard, colors, or ensign", as used herein, shall include any flag, standard, colors, ensign, or any picture or representation of either, or of any part or parts of either, made of any substance or represented on any substance, of any size evidently purporting to be either of said flag, standard, colors, or ensign of the United States of America or a picture or a representation of either, upon which shall be shown the colors, the stars and the stripes, in any number of either thereof, or of any part or parts of either, by which the average person seeing the same without deliberation may believe the same to represent the flag, colors, standard, or ensign of the United States of America.

• Like 2

Barack Obama: A President for “100% of the People” (–Unless You Live in One of the 11 States He’s Never Even Visited)

By: conservativecurmudgeon (Diary) | September 22nd, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Obama’s self-delusion was in high dudgeon the other day, when he let loose with a sanctimonious homily on Letterman about how a guy elected president represents “100% of the American People”. The subtext, of course, was that Mitt Romney –the cad– is only casting about trying to snare the 53% of Americans that might pay taxes, but only because they are millionaires and billionaires.

But what of this President? Certainly, I’ve never felt the man has represented me. Scissors-32x32.png

A quick look-see at these Official Trips draws the curtain back on who Mr. Obama thinks he “represents”:

(Blue = Traditional Democrat Stronghold, Red = Traditional Republican Stronghold, Green = Battleground State) Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://www.redstate.com/conservativecurmudgeon/2012/09/22/barack-obama-a-president-for-100-of-the-people-unless-you-live-in-one-of-the-11-states-hes-never-even-visited/

President Dukakis

September 22, 2012 - 6:28 am - by Roger Kimball

How often have you heard a variation on this story? You’re sitting in the bar car of the train back from Washington to New York and bits of a conversation among some beautiful people waft their way across your double bourbon. Obama, they assure one another gleefully, has it “in the bag.” The campaign, they tell another another, is essentially over: it’s just a matter of hopping on the Hope & Change express and riding it — Forward! — to victory in November. It’s a nuisance that we even have to bother with the formality of voting, their conversation seems to suggest: the polls, the emotional weather of the country, God himself (except of course that there is no God) have ordained that Obama must win, has already really won, can you believe what a terrible campaign Mitt Romney is running? What a loser! Alienating 47 percent of the population by reminding them that they pay no income tax and are beneficiaries of government largess: what a moron! Imagine, telling people the truth about the Entitlement State! The man is a gaffe machine. Boy are we going to town on these losers when Obama starts his second term. . . .

Et very much cetera. I ran into an old Yale friend the other night who told me about a party he attended among what he called the bien pensant elite of New Haven. The conversation drifted to the election, and that febrile Scissors-32x32.pnghttp://pjmedia.com/rogerkimball

New Romney ad released today:

H/T Hot Air

Pelosi responds:

"As speaker and as Democratic leader, any call from the president would treated with great formality and respect," Pelosi said. "There was absolutely no situation in which either President Bush or President Obama were cut off from speaking. I respect the office of the President and the office of the Speaker, including the historic nature of any communication between these two offices."

"There was absolutely no situation in which either President Bush or President Obama were cut off from speaking."

Did anyone say they were 'cut off' from speaking"? Does Nancy understand the word or function of 'mute'?

60 minutes had both on. Pretty softball on both, seemed a little tougher on Romney. Mitt did fine. I can't stand Obama, so can't really say how he did as I'm too biased.