2012 Presidential Election part 3

Valin

xxxxxx,

At the Democratic National Convention, former President Bill Clinton told America that his solution to joblessness and budget deficits was one word -- arithmetic. I couldn’t agree more. Let’s take a look at Barack Obama’s record these last four years -- I think you’ll agree the numbers just don’t add up:

• 23 million Americans are out of work, have stopped looking for work, or are underemployed• $16 trillion national debt (that’s $50,000 for every American)• 43 straight months of 8% or higher unemployment• 4 straight trillion dollar budget deficits in a row -- more than any other president combined

Ultimately, it’s simple arithmetic -- the policies of Barack Obama just don’t add up to the kind of future America deserves.

My economic plan creates 12 million new jobs. Jobs that will help middle class families move forward again. Jobs that will help restore the American Dream.

With your support, we can put Americans back to work. It's simple arithmetic.

Donate today to help the Republican team and me put Americans back to work.

Sincerely,

Mitt Romney

Is Romney Giving Up in Michigan and Pennsylvania?

Rick Moran

The headline at Talking Points Memo yesterday was an eye-opener:

Romney, GOP Groups Pull Ads From Michigan and Pennsylvania

The story was based on an article in the Detroit News.

Mitt Romney’s conservative allies are bypassing Michigan with their advertising while stepping up efforts in other battleground states — suggesting campaign strategists don’t believe his road to the White House leads through his native state.

The pro-Romney groups American Crossroads and Americans for Prosperity are pouring nearly $13 million into advertising in key states, indicating they remain eager to lend considerable financial muscle to Romney in states viewed as truly competitive.

There are no presidential campaign ads of any kind airing in Pennsylvania and Michigan, according to information provided by media trackers to the Associated Press.

One reason the Romney forces may have pulled money out of Michigan is Scissors-32x32.png

http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/09/08/is-romney-giving-up-in-michigan-and-pennylvania/

Posted on Friday, September 7, 2012

John Kass: The trouble with Obama's rhetoric it bites the man who reads it

By JOHN KASS | Chicago Tribune

Once it was all about "hope and change."

Now it's "we hope he changes."

Barack Obama was marketed in 2008 as some kind of messianic political god, leaving the enraptured throngs unshaken in their faith that every word from his mouth was pure gold.

And now the multitudes are out of work. Reality trumps rhetoric. The president's hair has turned from dark to gray under the weight of his first executive position.

He still has a record to run on. He pulled our troops out of Iraq, ordered the killing of Osama bin Laden and passed that massive expansion of federal power called Obamacare. I still think he'll win re-election. But at bottom he remains a man of rhetoric.

And Americans can't use rhetoric to pay their bills.

Political rapture is wonderful indeed, but Scissors-32x32.pngread more http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/09/07/167745/john-kass-the-trouble-with-obamas.html