Coffee Shop

Rheo

I did not know they even had colleges for union training.

National Labor College Will Sell Its Campus

The National Labor College, facing financial difficulties, has decided to sell its entire campus (located in the Washington suburbs), but officials insist that the institution has a viable future. The college -- the academic arm of the labor movement -- offers degree and certificate programs for leaders and future leaders of unions. Most programs are distance, but involve residencies, which have taken place on the campus.

Scissors-32x32.png

The campus also includes a conference center, which will be sold, and the AFL-CIO archives, which are used by scholars of labor history. Peinovich said that the AFL-CIO owns the archives, and that the college is in discussion with the AFL-CIO about where the collections will go.

The National Labor College had thought it would gain a secure financial partnership through a partnership with the Princeton Review (a partnership some in academic labor questioned because of the concerns of many faculty members in the union movement about for-profit higher education). But the Princeton Review pulled out of that partnership in November.

LiveLeak-dot-com-271158c9d532-article-2138308-12e21cfe000005dc-453_233x423.jpg.resized.jpg?d5e8cc8eccfb6039332f41f6249e92b06c91b4db65f5e99818bad4904d42d8dfc3ab&ec_rate=300

Boy made honorary Marine before death

12-year-old Cody Green has always admired the strength and courage of the marines. At 12:35 Saturday afternoon, it was the Marines admiring the strength and courage of Cody.

Cody had leukemia since he was 22 months old, but beat the disease three times. Although he was cancer-free, the chemotherapy lowered his immune system and Saturday afternoon, he died from a fungus that attacked his brain. Members of the Marines decided to step in and do something.

"They decided Cody, with the strength and honor and courage he showed through the whole thing, he should be a Marine," said Cody's father David Snowberger.

Cody was given Marine navigator wings and was made an honorary member of the United States Marine Corps. For one Marine, that wasn't enough, so he did even more.

"The night before Cody passed, he stood guard at Cody's door at the hospital all night long for eight hours straight," said Snowberger.

Scissors-32x32.png

wub.png

May 3, 2012

House GOP releases draft of contempt of Congress citation for Eric Holder over Fast and Furious

House oversight committee chairman Rep. Darrell Issa has taken the first formal step in holding Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt of Congress over Operation Fast and Furious.

On Thursday, Issa distributed a both briefing paper laying out the case for holding the Attorney General in contempt and a lengthy draft of the contempt citation to Democrats and Republicans on his House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.

Scissors-32x32.png

Memoradum

Isn't it strange that all of a sudden we now have 2 old girlfriends of BO's coming forward, I'm assuming to ungay him. ha

The NY times has the article that BO wrote in 1983, Breaking the War Menatality.

In 1983, at the height of the cold war, Barack Obama, then a senior at Columbia University, wrote in a campus newsmagazine about the vision of "a nuclear free world." The article in the Sundial profiled two campus groups: Arms Race Alternatives and Students Against Militarism.

Maybe I just hadn't realized he had actually written something. blink.png

Ever here of ghost writers? Not that the more bestest president we've ever had would do something like that!

BTW did you know he was raised by a single mother? That's why he relates to we little people so well.

SrWoodchuck

Isn't it strange that all of a sudden we now have 2 old girlfriends of BO's coming forward, I'm assuming to ungay him. ha

The NY times has the article that BO wrote in 1983, Breaking the War Menatality.

In 1983, at the height of the cold war, Barack Obama, then a senior at Columbia University, wrote in a campus newsmagazine about the vision of "a nuclear free world." The article in the Sundial profiled two campus groups: Arms Race Alternatives and Students Against Militarism.

@Rheo

Bengay_06b62b_2144356.jpg

I'm prrbably not going to give a damn, but What is this all about...and why should I care?

It is about an article in Vanity Fair that wrote about Obama's early love life and found that the girlfriend that he'd written about denied the story. Then it came out that in the first edition of the book, he'd written that his characters were composites, hence the composite girlfriend.

What I found interesting was the point that so much was a focus on himself.

Here's a link to the story. I thought that I had posted it, but I didn't.

This story in the UK Telegraph had two interesting points:

- Obama's girlfriend was a composite of the "many" girlfriends that he had.

- Obama ate dogs

One of the reader comments at the end of the article had me rolling on the floor:

"Can I assume that the dog was a composite of the many dogs that he ate?"

UK Telegraph

SrWoodchuck

New Panthers Stadium Retractabl​e Roof in time for Dem Convention..........

Reports now indicate this modification to the Panther Stadium is right on schedule and will be finished in time for the Democratic Convention.

New stadium retractable roof just in time for the DNC & Obama's speech.

ATT00019.jpg

H/T:TheoSpark / H/T: Doverthere

• Like 1

saveliberty

The Lonely Life of Julia

In Obama's ideal world, men are replaced by bureaucrats.

By JAMES TARANTO

Scissors-32x32.pngBarack Obama has a new composite girlfriend, and her name is Julia. Her story is told in an interactive feature titled "The Life of Julia" on the Obama campaign website. Julia, who has no face, is depicted at various ages from 3 through 67, enjoying the benefits of various Obama-backed welfare-state programs.

As a toddler, she's in a head-start program. Skip ahead to 17, and she's enrolled at a Race to the Top high school. Her 20s are very active: She gets surgery and free birth control through ObamaCare regulations, files a lawsuit under the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, and pays off her student loans at a low interest rate. We get updates at age 31, 37 and 42--and then the narrative skips ahead 23 years when she enrolls in Medicare. Two years later, she's on Social Security, at which point she can die at any time.

In a column amusingly titled "Who the Hell Is 'Julia' and Why Am I Paying for Her Whole Life?" David Harsanyi raises an obvious objection to the story: "What we are left with is a celebration of a how a woman can live her entire life by leaning on government intervention, dependency and other people's money rather than her own initiative or hard work. It is, I'd say, implicitly un-American, in the sense that it celebrates a mindset we have--outwardly, at least--shunned."

The Lonely Life of Julia

In Obama's ideal world, men are replaced by bureaucrats.

By JAMES TARANTO

Scissors-32x32.pngBarack Obama has a new composite girlfriend, and her name is Julia. Her story is told in an interactive feature titled "The Life of Julia" on the Obama campaign website. Julia, who has no face, is depicted at various ages from 3 through 67, enjoying the benefits of various Obama-backed welfare-state programs.

As a toddler, she's in a head-start program. Skip ahead to 17, and she's enrolled at a Race to the Top high school. Her 20s are very active: She gets surgery and free birth control through ObamaCare regulations, files a lawsuit under the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, and pays off her student loans at a low interest rate. We get updates at age 31, 37 and 42--and then the narrative skips ahead 23 years when she enrolls in Medicare. Two years later, she's on Social Security, at which point she can die at any time.

In a column amusingly titled "Who the Hell Is 'Julia' and Why Am I Paying for Her Whole Life?" David Harsanyi raises an obvious objection to the story: "What we are left with is a celebration of a how a woman can live her entire life by leaning on government intervention, dependency and other people's money rather than her own initiative or hard work. It is, I'd say, implicitly un-American, in the sense that it celebrates a mindset we have--outwardly, at least--shunned."

Go to http://www.barackoba...m/life-of-julia site here and mouse over GROUPS. Look at the selections. We're not all Americans living by a constitution... We're targeted groups told what will be done for us if we vote for Him. I didn't see "fat white guys" under GROUPS, so I guess he doesn't want my vote.

clearvision

@Valin Everything should be free, car house, school, etc. Wow

NYPD brought in rapists, trouble makers and other violent offenders to infiltrate the Occupy Movement and give them a bad name.....

He was "paper clip marketing executive" (I guess someone has to do it) and now lives off student loans.

kboom.gif