Coffee Shop

Rheo

Obama: I Can Do Every Job Better Than Those I Hire to Do It

By Jim Geraghty

You can't make this stuff up fast enough! If he is reelected, The Onion is going to go out of business!

Just fits into the personality disorder he clearly has.

Politicians have egos, and Presidents and major egos. But they're supposed to pretend they're humble, they're not supposed to say things like this. This takes Tone Deafness to a whole new level.

The Interview of the Year

Alex Massie

Friday, 27th April 2012

Since I discovered this interview on Armando Iannucci's Twitter feed I wondered if it was actually a spoof. But no, it seems Bill Shorten really is an Australian politician and not an Ocker Chris Morris. Anyway, for the time being it is my new favourite political interview...

Now That Is Political Loyalty!

pollyannaish

Completely off topic vanity post regarding my snicker of the day:

The news in the hypocrisy of Obama does not lie in the fact he is a hypocrite. We all know that. (See using Osama for political gain, v. Clinton doing the same via Drudge). It is that he is so naive he thinks that the American people were snookered by it and that is the only reason is why people chose previous leaders to lead the country.

He is now using tactics he despised because he believes that is why others won. Not because they actually are more capable with better ideas, and people therefore trust them more. Our president, like many of his followers, can not handle the notion that the results are not bearing his theories out, and that his ideas may not be correct. So it must be something else.

Perhaps he is not the messiah after all.

It would be funny if it were not so dangerous.

Ok, this is weird if true...

Breitbart's coroner poisoned to death?

Medical examiners in Los Angeles are investigating the possible poisoning death of one of their own officials who may have worked on the case of Andrew Breitbart, the conservative firebrand who died March 1, the same day Sheriff Joe Arpaio announced probable cause for forgery in President Obama’s birth certificate.

Michael Cormier, a respected forensic technician for the Los Angeles County Coroner died under suspicious circumstances at his North Hollywood home April 20, the same day Breitbart’s cause of death was finally made public.

“There are mysterious circumstances surrounding his death,” said Elizabeth Espinosa, a news reporter for KTLA-TV. “We’re told detectives are looking into the possibility that he was poisoned by arsenic.”

Scissors-32x32.png

Ok, this is weird if true...

Breitbart's coroner poisoned to death?

Medical examiners in Los Angeles are investigating the possible poisoning death of one of their own officials who may have worked on the case of Andrew Breitbart, the conservative firebrand who died March 1, the same day Sheriff Joe Arpaio announced probable cause for forgery in President Obama’s birth certificate.

Michael Cormier, a respected forensic technician for the Los Angeles County Coroner died under suspicious circumstances at his North Hollywood home April 20, the same day Breitbart’s cause of death was finally made public.

“There are mysterious circumstances surrounding his death,” said Elizabeth Espinosa, a news reporter for KTLA-TV. “We’re told detectives are looking into the possibility that he was poisoned by arsenic.”

Scissors-32x32.png

ohmy.png

Did he not become a R to run for mayor and was once a D, or am I mistaken?

He switched from D to R in 2001.

I had no idea he was the 11th richest person in the US, with 22 billion. ohmy.png

Well obviously being rich he is by default an evil Republican. Thank God for those selfless caring poverty stricken Democrats/Leftists like Michael Moore, Barbara Boxer, Barbra Streisand, Al Gore.

Did he not become a R to run for mayor and was once a D, or am I mistaken?

He switched from D to R in 2001.

I had no idea he was the 11th richest person in the US, with 22 billion. ohmy.png

Well obviously being rich he is by default an evil Republican. Thank God for those selfless caring poverty stricken Democrats/Leftists like Michael Moore, Barbara Boxer, Barbra Streisand, Al Gore.

And Nancy Pelosi.

@nickydog

Nan is rich!!! ohmy.png But how can that be? Don't you know only (evil greedy) Republicans are rich?

You mean like you and me?

@nickydog

Nan is rich!!! ohmy.png But how can that be? Don't you know only (evil greedy) Republicans are rich?

You mean like you and me?

Yup! wink.png

John Hayward

The tyranny of Piers Morgan’s clichés

Jonah Goldberg of National Review has a new book, The Tyranny of Cliches: How Liberals Cheat in the War of Ideas. Rather than merely discuss its premise, he decided to go on Piers Morgan’s CNN show for an interactive demonstration.

Authors go on talk shows to discuss their books all the time. In this case, discussing Goldberg’s book takes about 30 seconds. Morgan then launches into a 10-minute tirade about the negative reactions to Barack Obama’s despicable “Romney wouldn’t have killed bin Laden” political ad.

Morgan is apparently very upset about the blowback his beloved President has been receiving. CNN’s health insurance must be rather sketchy, because instead of sending him to see a therapist, they decided to let him work out his issues on the air.

Goldberg is a full-time pundit as well as an author, so he might reasonably expect to chat about the issues of the day when appearing to discuss his book… but Morgan was astonishingly unprofessional to hijack the interview for a long harangue about a single, largely unrelated topic. CNN owes Jonah Goldberg a heartfelt apology, and should probably consider releasing Morgan so he can follow his heart and join the Obama 2012 campaign full time. Well, fuller time.

(Snip)

Hey...this is what the left does.

Oh joy, BO will address the nation tonight from Afghanistan.

(CNN) — President Obama made a surprise visit to Afghanistan today on the one year anniversary of the raid that killed Osama bin Laden. While in country Obama and President Karzai signed the Strategic Partnership Agreement which provides the framework for U.S.-Afghanistan partnership after transition and the draw down of U.S. forces. The president will also address the nation live from Afghanistan at 7:30pm ET.Scissors-32x32.png