Primary 2012

Valin

logicnreason

If I may quote from one of my many favorite authors:

"

“The America of my time line is a laboratory example of what can happen to democracies, what has eventually happened to all perfect democracies throughout all histories. A perfect democracy, a ‘warm body’ democracy in which every adult may vote and all votes count equally, has no internal feedback for self-correction. It depends solely on the wisdom and self-restraint of citizens… which is opposed by the folly and lack of self-restraint of other citizens. What is supposed to happen in a democracy is that each sovereign citizen will always vote in the public interest for the safety and welfare of all. But what does happen is that he votes his own self-interest as he sees it… which for the majority translates as ‘Bread and Circuses.’

‘Bread and Circuses’ is the cancer of democracy, the fatal disease for which there is no cure. Democracy often works beautifully at first. But once a state extends the franchise to every warm body, be he producer or parasite, that day marks the beginning of the end of the state. For when the plebs discover that they can vote themselves bread and circuses without limit and that the productive members of the body politic cannot stop them, they will do so, until the state bleeds to death, or in its weakened condition the state succumbs to an invader—and the barbarians enter Rome.” (Robt. Heinlein)

Now...at this point in time....this day.....where are we - as the United States of Ameria - within the scenario above? How close? Can we all hear the "barbarians" at the gates? Are "they" close? And will the true cowards amongst us (as members of the current regime surely are) open the gates from within to the "barbarians"?

Is it....are we....too late?

Short answer....no.

Who is the author?

Short answer....no.

Who is the author?

Robert Anson Heinlein (11px-Loudspeaker.svg.png/ˈhnln/ hyn-lyn)[1][2][3](July 7, 1907 – May 8, 1988) was an American science fictionwriter. Often called the "dean of science fiction writers,"[4] he was one of the most influential and controversial authors of the genre. He set a standard for science and engineering plausibility and helped to raise the genre's standards of literary quality. He was one of the first science fiction writers to break into mainstream magazines such as The Saturday Evening Post in the late 1940s. He was one of the best-selling science fiction novelists for many decades. Heinlein, Isaac Asimov, and Arthur C. Clarke are known as the "Big Three" of science fiction.<<<<<<From Wiki.

What Rush is avoiding saying is that Romney has nothing else in his political quiver other than slamming other Republicans. That's it. He's spent millions and millions of dollars doing it. It is what he does best. And until he demonstrates differently...I don't think he's ready to do anything else.

WestVirginiaRebel

'Recall Walker' campaign overshadows Wisconsin presidential battle

"The presidential race essentially didn't come to Wisconsin 'till seven days ago," said Brian Schimming, vice chair of the Republican Party of Wisconsin.

The recall fever has made it difficult for the presidential candidates to make inroads with voters. By the time the ads for Mitt Romney or Rick Santorum hit the airwaves, viewers had seen their share of pro- or anti-Walker spots.

"The presidential race has had a hard time getting on the radar screen in Wisconsin. I think so much attention has been paid to the recall elections, and there has been recall fever for over a year in Wisconsin," said Mike McCabe, with the independent watchdog organization the Wisconsin Democracy Group.

Also, winning the sandwich vote?

WestVirginiaRebel

Romney sweeps primary night, wins Wisconsin contest, Fox News projects

Mitt Romney pulled off a three-primary sweep Tuesday night, bolstering his bid to quickly pivot from Republican front-runner to presumptive nominee.

The former Massachusetts governor won the contests in Wisconsin, Maryland and the District of Columbia, Fox News projects. In doing so, he left Rick Santorum an increasingly distant second while solidifying his own lead and enabling his campaign to turn toward what it hopes will be a November matchup between him and President Obama.

Romney used his victory speech in Milwaukee to map out what appeared to be his general election message. He portrayed Obama as an enemy of business, himself as its promoter. He portrayed Obama as the steward of a "government-centered society," himself as the champion of a revitalized "opportunity society."

In the most memorable line of the night, Romney accused "out-of-touch liberals like Barack Obama" of saying they want a strong economy while showing they "don't like" business.

"It's a bit like saying you like an omelette, but you don't like eggs," Romney said. He said Obama's vision would lead to high unemployment, "crushing debt" and "stagnant wages."

Romney also crossed a symbolic threshold Tuesday night, passing the halfway mark in his march toward the 1,144 delegate needed to clinch the nomination. He now has well over 600 delegates, more than twice the number Santorum claims.

Swan song for Rick Santorum (and those other two guys)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6QC0Z-E82g

The Attacks against Romney begin

Psst did you know Mitt is a shudder Mormon!

Lawrence O’Donnell, Bigot

Kevin D. Williamson

April 4, 2012 3:59 P.M.

I am announcing the creation of a new award, which I will call the Golden Ass, to be presented to those who resort to anti-Mormon bigotry in their campaign against Mitt Romney. Today’s Golden Ass is Lawrence O’Donnell, an asinus aureus if ever there was one, an ass of exceptional asininity.

was created by a guy in upstate New York in 1830 when he got caught having sex with the maid and explained to his wife that God told him to do it. Forty-eight wives later, Joseph Smith’s lifestyle was completely sanctified in the religion he invented to go with it, which Mitt Romney says he believes.

Thanks for the Muppet News Flash, Larry. The exact nature of Smith’s polygamy is contested (his only children were from his first wife, leading some to believe that his polygamy was of a non-sexual nature), but, yes, he was a polygamist. So was Solomon. So was Abraham.

(Snip)

I am not a Romney supporter, but I do believe if I were to meet Leisure Suit Larry...well let's just say it would make the evening news. angry.png

NRO POLL

Are you excited about the prospect of Romney as the nominee?

Yes 56 %

No 44 %

11,831 votes

Draggingtree

http://www.dickmorris.com/the-polls-really-show-obama-losing-big-dick-morris-tv-lunch-alert/#commentblock

The Polls Really Show Obama Losing…Big! Dick Morris
« on: Today at 11:13:49 AM »

The Polls Really Show Obama Losing…Big! Dick Morris TV: Lunch Alert!
By Dick Morris on April 5, 2012

Dear Friend,

In this video commentary, I discuss how those who think Obama will win, or even that the race will be close, are misreading the polls. Find out why!

video at link

LMAO>>>in the video Morris looks like he just woke up

WestVirginiaRebel

Think Tank Founded by Newt Gingrich Files for Bankruptcy

The health care think tank founded by Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy.

The Center for Health Transformation (CHT), headed by chairman Nancy Desmond, filed for bankruptcy in Atlanta, according to the Atlanta Business Chronicle. Gingrich sold his share of the CHT and Gingrich Group to the CHT May 10, 2011, and relinquished any legal connection with them.

The center will go out of business in light of liabilities between $1 million and $10 million and between 50 and 99 creditors, according to the Associated Press. The group had assets of only up to $100,000, the AP reported.

One source familiar with the group told ABC News that the bankruptcy was “not surprising.” “In reality,” the source said, the group was “a personal service deal, companies paid for him, when there was no more him, no more company.”

Meanwhile, over in Santorum land:

Conservatives Meet Santorum to Pressure Gingrich to Exit

The conservative leaders met with Mr. Santorum and his top aides in northern Virginia as Mr. Santorum himself faces questions about the viability of his campaign. The conservative leaders sought the meeting, according to people familiar with it.

As the race narrows and Mitt Romney looks more and more like the inevitable nominee, several conservative leaders have said they still support Mr. Santorum. But Mr. Santorum has been losing some important states by small margins — in some cases, by the amount that Mr. Gingrich has been siphoning off.

The prospect that Mr. Gingrich might draw enough votes from Mr. Santorum in Pennsylvania — Mr. Santorum’s home state — on April 24 to cost him the primary has given new urgency to the task of getting him out of the race.

Two people close to the meeting said the discussion focused on how Mr. Santorum could win the race and what role Mr. Gingrich might play.

“The leaders told us that they wanted to stop Romney, defeat Barack Obama and unite conservatives behind Rick,’” according to an aide to the Santorum campaign who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Several weeks ago, Mr. Santorum called for Mr. Gingrich to drop out, but he has barely mentioned his name recently.

Some more on the meeting here. Plus, this.

http://www.dickmorris.com/the-polls-really-show-obama-losing-big-dick-morris-tv-lunch-alert/#commentblock

The Polls Really Show Obama Losing…Big! Dick Morris

« on: Today at 11:13:49 AM »

The Polls Really Show Obama Losing…Big! Dick Morris TV: Lunch Alert!

By Dick Morris on April 5, 2012

Dear Friend,

In this video commentary, I discuss how those who think Obama will win, or even that the race will be close, are misreading the polls. Find out why!

video at link

LMAO>>>in the video Morris looks like he just woke up

I read somewhere a couple of weeks back that Morris got suspended from Fox for selling tours of the stationrolleyes.gif

Think Tank Founded by Newt Gingrich Files for Bankruptcy

The health care think tank founded by Republican presidential candidate Newt Gingrich has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy.

The Center for Health Transformation (CHT), headed by chairman Nancy Desmond, filed for bankruptcy in Atlanta, according to the Atlanta Business Chronicle. Gingrich sold his share of the CHT and Gingrich Group to the CHT May 10, 2011, and relinquished any legal connection with them.

The center will go out of business in light of liabilities between $1 million and $10 million and between 50 and 99 creditors, according to the Associated Press. The group had assets of only up to $100,000, the AP reported.

One source familiar with the group told ABC News that the bankruptcy was “not surprising.” “In reality,” the source said, the group was “a personal service deal, companies paid for him, when there was no more him, no more company.”

Meanwhile, over in Santorum land:

Conservatives Meet Santorum to Pressure Gingrich to Exit

The conservative leaders met with Mr. Santorum and his top aides in northern Virginia as Mr. Santorum himself faces questions about the viability of his campaign. The conservative leaders sought the meeting, according to people familiar with it.

As the race narrows and Mitt Romney looks more and more like the inevitable nominee, several conservative leaders have said they still support Mr. Santorum. But Mr. Santorum has been losing some important states by small margins — in some cases, by the amount that Mr. Gingrich has been siphoning off.

The prospect that Mr. Gingrich might draw enough votes from Mr. Santorum in Pennsylvania — Mr. Santorum’s home state — on April 24 to cost him the primary has given new urgency to the task of getting him out of the race.

Two people close to the meeting said the discussion focused on how Mr. Santorum could win the race and what role Mr. Gingrich might play.

“The leaders told us that they wanted to stop Romney, defeat Barack Obama and unite conservatives behind Rick,’” according to an aide to the Santorum campaign who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Several weeks ago, Mr. Santorum called for Mr. Gingrich to drop out, but he has barely mentioned his name recently.

Some more on the meeting here. Plus, this.

IMO it doesn't matter who wins in Nov. (Assuming it is Obama v Romney) because neither one as far as I can see is really looking at this what what it (the major changes coming) will mean.

Obama, cut defense spending and raise taxes on the (evil) rich...been there...done that...got the T shirt.

Romney, nibble around the edges of the problem and attempt to manage the situation...Bold...Exciting..Forward Thinking! rolleyes.gif

Here endth rant # 817,336

I completely think it matters that Romney wins should he be the candidate. I'm terrified of an 0bama that doesn't have to face a re-election. Romney will be ineffective, and I will take that over outright destructive and divisive. It's completely sad and pathetic, but there it is. I have two hopes: We take the senate, and Romney (again, assuming he wins) picks an actual conservative running mate to set up as a possible future president. I think he will, because of his perception of being too moderate/liberal. I think if there's a Republican controlled house and senate, we'll have a "Shut up and pass/repeal this, Mitt" situation. He'll say "Oh yeah, I'm a conservative now." <rubber stamp> With all the RINO's, it won't keep us from going over the cliff, but it won't be turning on the afterburners to get us there.

I completely think it matters that Romney wins should he be the candidate.

What I am talking about is affecting the change that is coming, actually what we are in the middle of.

I'm terrified of an 0bama that doesn't have to face a re-election.

What he will want to do, and what he will be able to do...are two different things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbJoI6yToc4

Sample opening 10 minutes from the best movie ever made on American national politics, finally available on DVD!

The Best Man is a 1964 film written by Gore Vidal based on his play of the same title. Starring Henry Fonda, Cliff Robertson, and Lee Tracy, the film lays bare the seamy political maneuverings behind the nomination of a presidential candidate. Directed by Franklin J. Schaffner.