Louisiana Primary

March 24, 2012

100% reporting (4267/4267)

Santorum 49.0% 91,305

Romney 26.7% 49,749

Gingrich 15.9% 29,655

Paul 6.1% 11,460

clearvision

Question: on any forum, how do I show the most recent posts first (instead of last)?

Thanks

The software does not have a mode to change order. But in the "topic view" (where you see topic titles in the forum) if you click on the little blue box with arrow (under name, next to time) that will take you to the last post. If you click on the blue dot/star on the far left of each topic, that will take you to your last UNREAD post.

Santorum Slams NYT Reporter: 'Stop Lying' - 'Quit Distorting Our Words' - 'It's Bulls--t!'

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum had a very testy exchange with New York Times reporter Jeff Zeleny at a campaign stop in Wisconsin Sunday evening.

In the midst of the encounter, Santorum angrily said, "Stop lying...Quit distorting our words...It's bulls--t!" (video follows with transcribed highlights and commentary):

Scissors-32x32.png

Santorum Slams NYT Reporter: 'Stop Lying' - 'Quit Distorting Our Words' - 'It's Bulls--t!'

Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum had a very testy exchange with New York Times reporter Jeff Zeleny at a campaign stop in Wisconsin Sunday evening.

In the midst of the encounter, Santorum angrily said, "Stop lying...Quit distorting our words...It's bulls--t!" (video follows with transcribed highlights and commentary):

Scissors-32x32.png

UPDATE 2 – Santorum: If you haven’t cursed out a NYTimes reporter during campaign, you aren’t really a Republican

What about those of us who have never actually met a NY Times reporter?

logicnreason

If Paul Ryan were in the mix....I'd be revving.

I'm not at this point.

Newt got me fired up and saying Hell Yeah!

Glad he is in the race.

Rick got me thinking....not there yet, but yes...over Obama.

Mitt does nothing for me....I know he is probably going to be the candidate. I'm okay with that.

Bush was just a vote for me at the time....and now, he is one of my favorite....for many reasons.

Mitt could be as well. We'll see.

Let's just get this regime out of office!!!

Hear Hear!!

I shall, with back straight, head held high, firm tread, and a willing heart, march into my polling place this November and vote AGAINST the stain the his regime. At this point, it matters little to me who runs on the right.

It only matters that the stain is eradicated once and for all. Legally, of course!

• Like 1

Ok we all agree Obama is been a real bad President. The question I'd like to see asked of all the candidates, Why should you be President and not, one of your opponents?

And now prepare yourself for a shock...A Newt Video biggrin.png

WestVirginiaRebel

Gingrich Campaign: We Need to Stay in To Prevent Romney Nomination

The campaign understands it cannot get the 1,144 delegates needed to secure the nomination, he said, but will instead focus on “key states.” The campaign will later try to convince delegates before the convention to back Gingrich. If a nominee is selected at the convention, Gingrich hopes to be the man.

“If Newt were to drop out of the race, it would actually virtually guarantee Mitt Romney the nomination,” DeSantis said. “If conservatives really want to rally around a conservative standard bearer… they need Newt to stay in to prevent a Romney nomination.”

We Will Battle Obama With The Candidate We Have – Not The Candidate We Might Want (Updated with response from a senior Gingrich advisor)

Hearing the news that conservative “rising star” Florida Senator Marco Rubio has endorsed Mitt Romney, one could now say his nomination is a “slam dunk”.

That phase, you may remember, was famously attributed to CIA Director George Tenet in 2002 as he assured President Bush about the evidence that Saddam Hussein possessed weapons of mass destruction.

Now, Mitt Romney’s presumed “slam dunk” nomination reminds me of another infamous phase from that same Iraq War era.

“You go to war with the army you have—not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time.”

That statement, uttered in 2004 by then Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, was in response to a soldier’s complaints about equipment shortages.

So now it is time for a “teachable moment”.

Take Rumsfeld’s quote, revise it slightly and apply it to Mitt Romney as the GOP 2012 nominee.

We will battle Obama with the candidate we have –not the candidate we might want or wish to have at a later time.

(Snip)

Update: In a sign that Mitt Romney’s opponents are not taking the advice I offered in this column quietly, here is an email I just received from Rick Tyler who is the Senior Advisor for Newt’s PAC Winning the Future and all around Newt cheerleader. He wrote:

To quote Rick Santorum, “Bulls—”.

Rick Tyler

(Mr. Tyler also gave me permission to post his email.)

Rep. Ryan: Romney is the 'right person for the job'

House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) endorsed Republican presidential front-runner Mitt Romney on Friday, saying he believed the former Massachusetts governor was the best candidate to face off against President Obama in the fall and hold the nation’s highest office.

"I am convinced that Mitt Romney has the skills, the tenacity, the principles, the courage and the integrity to do what it takes to get America back on track. So I believe he's the right person for the job," Ryan said on Fox News.

Scissors-32x32.png

pollyannaish

We were discussing this race last night at dinner with extended family. There was widespread sympathy for both Newt and Santorum previously, but now the entire group wants both of them out now. As my Stepmother said, it's time for them to shut up and let the rest of us start focusing on Obama. Consensus was that Santorum's comments last week pretty much killed any residual consideration we might have for him, and that the two of them are appearing increasingly selfish.

I know dissatisfaction over Mitt is much more intense in some regions of the country including the South, but we can't let perfect be the enemy of good. And Mitt IS better than Obama without any doubts.

Let's go change an administration.

We were discussing this race last night at dinner with extended family. There was widespread sympathy for both Newt and Santorum previously, but now the entire group wants both of them out now. As my Stepmother said, it's time for them to shut up and let the rest of us start focusing on Obama. Consensus was that Santorum's comments last week pretty much killed any residual consideration we might have for him, and that the two of them are appearing increasingly selfish.

I know dissatisfaction over Mitt is much more intense in some regions of the country including the South, but we can't let perfect be the enemy of good. And Mitt IS better than Obama without any doubts.

Let's go change an administration.

pollyannaish

So I have one question for you @Valin...I really, really wanted a good conservative. So am I now a RINO because I couldn't support either of the other candidates? As a conservative and tea party cheerleader, that the conservative side of our party couldn't offer a better candidate is a HUGE disappointment to me. If we lost in that regard, we have to take responsibility for that loss. Rush sounded good, but I think the wasn't quite right and was pandering to his audience.

The two "real conservatives" who were left standing had fatal flaws. Ones I could not get excited about. I would feel the same sense of ho hum with Santorum. And I would feel absolute dread with Newt. It's almost like claiming Duncan Hunter is the most brilliant conservative ever.

This division stuff sucks. And blaming each other for it is the worst possible thing we can do.

(Edited for clarity...since I posted from my phone and couldn't edit. Sorry!)

• Like 1

So I have one question for you @Valin...I really, really wanted a good conservative. So am I now a RINO because I couldn't support either of the other candidates?

No!

As a conservative and tea party cheerleader, that the conservative side of our party couldn't offer a better candidate is a HUGE disappointment to me. If we lost in that regard, we have to take responsibility for that loss. Rush sounded good, but I think the wasn't quite right and was pandering to his audience.

You migght have a valid point except he has been saying this same thing for quite some time. (and hammering it hard since Dec.). So is it pandering, or is it expressing his fervently held beliefs?

A couple of problems I have with Romney, A He's Bob Dole without the excitement (he talks like a CEO which is what he is), I listen to him and he tries to put passion into his speeches....badly. B. Ideas, name 3 ideas he is pushing that he talked about 10 years ago. (See Flip Flop) C. He's going to run the same old same old moderate GOP campaign, I say this based on how he's run his primary campaign and I fear, he's going to have the success that Ford, Dole & McCain had. With his large Bag-O-Money a very professionally run large organization and he can't take out Santorum and Gingrich? Two candidate without money or organization, what's gonna happen when he runs into The MSM/union/Obama Machine?

Why I support Gingrich, There is a giant tidal wave of CRAP coming our way and soon! Of the 4 candidates left only two of them have given any kind of thought over a long period of time about this...and one of them has a foreign policy that is...well insane.

This is from last Jan.

"Posted 20 January 2012 - 09:02 PM

1st let me state if Romney or Santorum is the candidate I will do everything I can to see them elected.

Now

I've been thinking about this, and I have come to a conclusion. Fine people like Krauthammer are interested in winning this election, and make no mistake that is real important, but I think that is as far as their thinking goes...(please feel free to take me to task about this). IMO that's not enough given the situation.

Say either Romney or Santorum become president, and serve out their two terms, will Washington have been really changed at the end of their term? Will the Congress still be voting to raise the debt ceiling, will the the EEOC still be telling employers who they have to hire, will the bureaucracy in EPA, Dept ED, NTSB, or any of the hundreds of panels/agencies/boards/Depts still be telling the States and you and I how we are to live our lives? Will your State government still be under the thumb of Washington DC? Will State redistricting still be held hostage to federal courts? Will 60% of American citizens still be receiving more monetary aid from the government than they pay in taxes? Will the size of the Debt/Deficit still be increasing? What concerns me is I believe nothing will really change in our political culture, even if these two fine good Conservatives win and serve two terms.

This is why I support Newt Gingrich. Because of the 4 candates left only two have really talked about how bad the situation is & and what to do about it. One of these two is clearly...reality challenged, so that leaves me with really only one choice...even with his warts issues baggage ex wives and all, because he is the only one who has (as far as I can see) spent time thinking writing speaking about what kind of nation we are.

This all came together tonight watching two older Newt Vids from 09.

&

And he has been saying these things since at least 1995.

pollyannaish

@Valin you logic is impeccable. I do not believe that Washington will fundamentally change with either Romney or Santorum as president. That is not where we disagree.

Where we disagree is that it WOULD if Newt was president. I think he has the right ideas, but from his past performance I believe he has neither the personal discipline or temperament to actually get those accomplished. That is where we disagree. Add to that the fact that I do not trust him at all, and he has lost my confidence.

A little self promotion here: I finally got my blog about why I'm behind Romney. Tepidly. It's not a strong defense in the slightest and wouldn't win any awards. But it is honest.

You are much more articulate in your defense of Newt. I wish I could get over my distrust of him, but I'm just...I can't. We are better for him on our team though. There is no doubt about that.

@pollyannaish

Past performance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS83Y5we-iM

I would not call your defence, Tepid, They same poiunts could be made for the other candidates (For the most part)

Of course on the other side of the scale we see Hugh Hewitt, who would have us believe Mitt combines the best of, George Washington, George C Marshall, and John Wayne!

Here's a small personal fact, when it comes to picking primary candidates I have an almost perfect record..my guy always lose. I went with Reagan in 1980 Bush in 04, other than that everyone a loser. Kemp in 88, Pat Buchanan, Steve Forbes in 96/2000. So I go into these races knowing without a doubt my guy hasn't got a prayer.

OTOH I've been picking the winner of the general election since JFK, and I've always been right. I'll make my prediction at the end of Sept. early Oct. but I've got to tell you (and I really really hope I'm wrong, I've got a bad feeling.

@pollyannaish

Past performance?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS83Y5we-iM

I would not call your defence, Tepid, They same poiunts could be made for the other candidates (For the most part)

Of course on the other side of the scale we see Hugh Hewitt, who would have us believe Mitt combines the best of, George Washington, George C Marshall, and John Wayne!

Here's a small personal fact, when it comes to picking primary candidates I have an almost perfect record..my guy always lose. I went with Reagan in 1980 Bush in 04, other than that everyone a loser. Kemp in 88, Pat Buchanan, Steve Forbes in 96/2000. So I go into these races knowing without a doubt my guy hasn't got a prayer.

OTOH I've been picking the winner of the general election since JFK, and I've always been right. I'll make my prediction at the end of Sept. early Oct. but I've got to tell you (and I really really hope I'm wrong, I've got a bad feeling.

ohmy.png No-o-o-o.

@nickydog

It's true. I hope "The One" has to move back to his simple little abode in Hyde Park, but (today) I

ve got a bad feeling. OTOH we need to remember 2nd terms rarely turn out well for the President, because the day after he wins reelection, he becomes a lameduck.

@nickydog

It's true. I hope "The One" has to move back to his simple little abode in Hyde Park, but (today) I

ve got a bad feeling. OTOH we need to remember 2nd terms rarely turn out well for the President, because the day after he wins reelection, he becomes a lameduck.

Which would cancel out his "flexibility"?

@nickydog

Which would cancel out his "flexibility"?

He will certainly try.

Uncommon Knowledge Special Audio Edition: Rick Santorum

3/30/12

This afternoon, Peter Robinson had the opportunity to do a quick interview with Rick Santorum as the candidate was traveling between campaign events in Wisconsin. They discuss why he's still in the race, the rights of the unborn, the Santorum tax plan, how Santorum plans to expand his appeal, the core differences between himself and Mitt Romney, and a up-to-the-minute state of the primary race from the candidate himself.