Coffee Shop

Rheo

gallery_3_6_6541.jpg

Join us daily to chat about news and the candidates, post snippets, video's, what you heard on tv or at the grocery store.

This is a no host thread so wash your cups when you are done and have a great day. wink.gif

Previous Thread

I just had a thought...(Yes we should all be concerned, and I will be seeking proper medical care)

nation-WH_spokesman_Jay_Carney-300x253.png

Jay Carney looks like a nerdy 5th grader in his first suit.

A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life and how things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it and wanted to give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as one problem was solved, a new one arose.

Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water and placed each on a high fire. Soon the pots came to boil. In the first she placed carrots, in the second she placed eggs, and in the last she placed ground coffee beans. She let them sit and boil; without saying a word.

In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl.

Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl. Turning to her daughter, she asked, "Tell me what you see."

"Carrots, eggs, and coffee," she replied.

Her mother brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they were soft. The mother then asked the daughter to take an egg and break it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard-boiled egg.

Finally, the mother asked the daughter to sip the coffee. The daughter smiled, as she tasted its rich aroma the daughter then asked, "What does it mean, mother?"

Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same adversity: boiling water. Each reacted differently. The carrot went in strong, hard, and unrelenting. However, after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak. The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior, but after sitting through the boiling water, its insides became hardened. The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling water, they had changed the water.

"Which are you?" she asked her daughter. "When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg, or a coffee bean?

Think of this: Which am I? Am I the carrot that seems strong, but with pain and adversity do I wilt and become soft and lose my strength?

Am I the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the heat? Did I have a fluid spirit, but after a death, a breakup, a financial hardship or some other trial, have I become hardened and stiff? Does my shell look the same, but on the inside am I bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and hardened heart?

Or am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water, the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it releases the fragrance and flavor. If you are like the bean, when things are at their worst, you get better and change the situation around you. When the hour is the darkest and trials are their greatest, do you elevate yourself to another level? How do you handle adversity? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human and enough hope to make you happy.

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything that comes along their way. The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past; you can't go forward in life until you let go of your past failures and heartaches.

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was smiling. Live your life so at the end, you're the one who is smiling and everyone around you is crying.

Enjoy your coffee!

• Like 2

What we see today with our vast social safety net is a growing and frightening dependency on the federal government, which is increasingly replacing our important local and private charitable efforts. The Heritage Foundation’s newly released 2012 Index of Dependency on Government show some stark details about a nation of reliance and how it’s devastating our nation’s fiscal future.

I see it everyday when I look out my window.

Steel yourselves for some shocking news!

Ready?

ACLU: Catholic religious liberty is not at risk

I...I...I am just left speechless. I never in a thousand years expected this. You know, when I see things like this it causes me to begin to doubt the sincerity of the ACLU when it come to defending the constitution. I'm starting to think there might be some people there that may not see things the way I do...there may even be a leftest or two.

WestVirginiaRebel

Poll: 30 percent of South Carolinians can’t identify Biden as vice president

Nearly 30 percent of adults in South Carolina have no idea, according to a poll released Wednesday by Winthrop University. 29.3 percent of adults polled in the Palmetto State could not identify the current vice president — Biden. (RELATED: Full coverage of Joe Biden)

Almost a quarter of those surveyed had no answer to the question, three percent provided the wrong name and another three percent identified Dick Cheney.

WestVirginiaRebel

Sales Soar For Controversial Obama Painting After Story Goes Viral

Sales soared for a painting depicting Obama trampling on the Constitution after a story CBS Las Vegas produced last weekend went viral.

John McNaughton’s “The Forgotten Man” sold in one day “what we would sell in three months.”

The amount of traffic the story generated even crashed his website.

“I hate to think of the sales I lost with the site being down, but I’m pleased that the message got out,” he told CBS Las Vegas.

His webmaster needed to increase the amount of bandwidth for the site four times before it went back up Saturday night.

gleam.gif

Can someone explain to me why/how Hillary started thinking this was a good hairstyle/look for her?

b40b073da20f5603060f6a706700a971.jpg

It's just not working. And I've actually seen her look good, so I don't get it.

No wonder the Iranians aren't listening

Edited to add: I am not sure if the photo is showing up for most. It looks fine in the preview...but doesn't work on the page. Check out Drudge if you dare.

US Taxpayers Paying for Foreign Mosque Building & Repairs........Why?

The U.S. budget is so bad that we need to cut $487 billion in defense spending, but Hillary Clinton signed a check for $770 million from the U.S. State Department’s USAID program to rebuild Egypt’s sewer system. Funny I thought our own infrastructure here in the U.S. is in dire need of repair.

But what was supposed to be a ‘sewer’ rebuild is much more. The USAID website shows both before and after pictures of one such mosque in Cairo, Egypt. It states,

The Saleh Talai Mosque in historic Islamic Cairo, dating back to the 10th century, is now active, and open for prayers and tourists. This mosque suffered for decades from rising groundwater contaminated with sewage. USAID, as part of its $770 million Cairo Sewerage Program, allocated $2.3 million for lowering the groundwater at the mosque area, replacing the old sewage collector, and providing a healthier environment for people living in the area...

Scissors-32x32.png

But Section 205.1(d) of title 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations prohibits USAID funds from being used for the rehabilitation of structures to the extent that those structures are used for “inherently religious activities.” It is impossible to separate religion from a mosque; any such projects will necessarily support Islam.

Well, call me doubtful, but I like to see things for myself so I went and read 205.1(d) of title 22 of the Code of Federal Regulations, it states plainly,

(B) Organizations that receive direct financial assistance from USAID under any USAID program may not engage in inherently religious activities, such as worship, religious instruction, or proselytization, as part of the programs or services directly funded with direct financial assistance from USAID.

One does not have to be an Iranian nuclear scientist to understand the above law. It is illegal, period. But it doesn’t end there; Dr. Laurie Roth wrote in the Canadian Free Press in August 2010....

http://creepingshari...-mosques-video/

Sales Soar For Controversial Obama Painting After Story Goes Viral

Sales soared for a painting depicting Obama trampling on the Constitution after a story CBS Las Vegas produced last weekend went viral.

John McNaughton’s “The Forgotten Man” sold in one day “what we would sell in three months.”

The amount of traffic the story generated even crashed his website.

“I hate to think of the sales I lost with the site being down, but I’m pleased that the message got out,” he told CBS Las Vegas.

His webmaster needed to increase the amount of bandwidth for the site four times before it went back up Saturday night.

gleam.gif

Ha. Been using that as the Primary 2012 banner since January 28th.

Poll: 30 percent of South Carolinians can’t identify Biden as vice president

Nearly 30 percent of adults in South Carolina have no idea, according to a poll released Wednesday by Winthrop University. 29.3 percent of adults polled in the Palmetto State could not identify the current vice president — Biden. (RELATED: Full coverage of Joe Biden)

And the other 70% wished they couldn't.

WestVirginiaRebel

Tim Kaine splits with Obama on birth control rule for religious groups

Kaine, the likely Democratic nominee in the contest to succeed retiring Sen. James Webb (D), was Obama’s choice to lead the Democratic National Committee, and Kaine has generally agreed with the administration on most policy issues. Former governor George Allen, the frontrunner for the Republican Senate nomination, has sought repeatedly to use that fact against Kaine.

But in a radio interview recorded Tuesday for the “HearSay with Cathy Lewis” program on WHRV in Hampton Roads, Kaine made clear he disagreed with forcing religious institutions to pay for birth control.

“I think the White House made a good decision in including a mandate for contraception coverage in the Affordable Care Act insurance policy, but I think they made a bad decision in not allowing a broad enough religious employer exemption,” Kaine said, according to a transcript of his remarks provided by his campaign.

“This is something that’s been talked about a lot today and I have definitely expressed my grave concerns to the White House about that. I support the contraception mandate but there should be a religious employer exemption that is broader than the one they proposed.”

Also, this.

Quote of the day, from DougRoss@Journal:

QOTD: "Operation Fast and Furious was specifically conceived so that “walked” guns would be recovered at crime scenes in Mexico. Their serial numbers would be provided to the ATF by Mexican authorities for tracing. Regardless of motive, the entire operation was premised on weapons being recovered at crime scenes in Mexico, and law enforcement agencies are well aware that criminals primarily abandon weapons only after they’ve been used in serious felony crimes such as murder or attempted murder.

"Operation Fast and Furious was conceived knowing that Mexican nationals would be sacrificed in significant numbers if the tracing operation had any chance of working." --Bob Owens@ PJMedia-Fast & Furious/Three Questions Not Asked

Just saw a clip on Fox where a NJ Teachers union boss was defending the withholding of vouchers for charter schools. The "outrage" was that he said (paraphrased), "So what if this keeps the poor from attending better schools... Life is not fair!".

That was bad enough... but what shocked me was mentioned at the end of the piece. This union toad makes over $500,000/YR.

I'm sure that his lifetime pension will be something close to that as well.

10537029-large.jpg

The silence of the DEMs on these paychecks is incredible while they want to lynch CEO's from private companies for their salaries.

Hot Air: Report: Obama doubles down on new contraception rule at Democratic retreat

Allahpundit

2/8/12

But … what about the big climbdown? Ah well. Maybe he took a second look at what Planned Parenthood did to Komen and thought better of it. Even the man who leads the greatest army in the world needs to know when he’s outgunned.

Besides, how many divisions does the Pope have?

President Obama “reinforced” his stance on the controversial contraception mandate while speaking at the Democrats’ annual retreat at Nationals Park in Washington, D.C. today, Senate Democrats said.

(Snip)

Just saw a clip on Fox where a NJ Teachers union boss was defending the withholding of vouchers for charter schools. The "outrage" was that he said (paraphrased), "So what if this keeps the poor from attending better schools... Life is not fair!".

That was bad enough... but what shocked me was mentioned at the end of the piece. This union toad makes over $500,000/YR.

I'm sure that his lifetime pension will be something close to that as well.

10537029-large.jpg

The silence of the DEMs on these paychecks is incredible while they want to lynch CEO's from private companies for their salaries.

ONLY $500,000 a year! We should hold a bake sale.

ONLY $500,000 a year! We should hold a bake sale.

From the looks Vincent Giordano... this union "fat cat"...

He's already attended way too many bake sales.

20120209_inq_jchristie09-a.JPG

However, it looks like he could afford to have a little nip/tuck done on at least one of his chins.